Review: Champion

Champion by Marie Lu

Page Length: 369 pgs

Rating: 3.5 Stars

He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about this finale to the Legend series. I had a crackpot theory running, though it was wildly incorrect. I thought Day would die, making him a martyr and showing that he was the champion. I thought June and Anden would be together in the end. I guess I'll start with the things I did like.

The writing has greatly improved from the first book. I saw some character growth which I love to see. June seemed humane in this book!! She had feelings and emotions!! Day was wonderful as ever. I enjoyed the action scenes and the kick***ness of the characters. I loved the romance in this novel! June and Day are so cute together. When they spent the night together I couldn't stop smiling :) I love how the romance develops so nicely throughout the series.

There were a few things that I didn't like. The writing, although improved, was still awkward and lacking in parts. Some parts of the book were so boring and lagging. Some of the characters were really awkward and paper-thin. They had no depth! They were basically unfeeling robots. *cough* ANDEN, Commander Jameson, Ian *cough* This whole book was quite depressing. I don't think I laughed at all during this book. I liked and didn't like the ending. The whole memory loss scenario is overused... I find it highly unlikely that Eden said NOTHING to Day about June and tried to jog his memory. I can't believe that June just let him go... It was so sweet at the end how Day started to remember her a bit. The ending was so abrupt! I would like a little short story of their future Ms. Lu!!

I'm really not sure how I felt about this book so for now it's at a 3 stars. It was good, not great. I do love the cover though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)