Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)


Cress by Marissa Meyer

Page Length: 550 pgs

Rating: 5 Stars

"Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can."



I'd like to start off by saying that I love how the Lunar Chronicles have evolved. I liked Cinder, Scarlet not so much, yet Cress was amazing. Cress is a huge improvement over the other books. If you've read the first two books and are hesitant to continue, I highly suggest you read this book! There are so many great aspects in this book that I'd like to highlight.

The Plot: 
In Cinder and Scarlet the plot is a bit all over the place. This book's point of view switches mesh so well! All of the details were perfectly woven into the story; everything was there for a reason. Everything connects in the end. I love how Marissa Meyer leaves the readers to guess as much as they'd like. We're given so many little clues and details yet somehow, we still are surprised with the answer. This story has gotten so big. Winter is going to be 500+ pages most definitely and will be a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Cress's plot seemed much tighter and was really unpredictable.

The Writing: 
This book was so well written. Meyer has flourished and grown into an amazing writer. The book was exciting and enticing. There was the perfect blend of seriousness, humor, action, romance, and more. Everything was descriptive. I loved the the little ties to Rapunzel that were thrown in the story. Everything was so well planned, and everything flowed wonderfully.

The Characters:
I liked how the splitting up of the Dream Team - the name I gave their group  - gave us a way to get to know each individual character better. I saw so much growth in each character. And the characters were relatable, realistic, and flawed!

Cinder - We see her struggle to make decisions and be the leader she needs to be. She learns from her mistakes, plans better, and thinks faster on her feet now. She's starting to feel the pressure of having to save the world yet she's remaining strong and firm.

Kai - It was so cute watching Kai strip away all of his doubts and prejudices against Cinder and cyborgs. He has grown to think for himself, be independent, and to be defiant and strong.

Thorne - I love how Thorne develops in this book. When he <spoiler>loses his vision</spoiler> which I HATED, he took it all in stride and learned to depend on other senses.

Cress - She is the most adorable socially-awkward hacker ever!! She's so funny and cute and wonderful. She's got a great imagination. and I loved reading of her perspective of Earth and how she viewed the landscape.

Scarlet - She is tough and strong. If I were in her position at any point in this book, I would probably scream and go crazy.

Wolf - He's learned to fight for what he wants and not to hide or avoid the problems like he did in Scarlet.

The Couples: 
The romance in this book was so cute! It's so hard for me to decide which couple I like the best. I ship everyone!!
Cinder & Kai - They are so cute!! Cinder's a bit insecure about her cyborg and Lunar -ness while Kai has lost those taboos. They finally succumb to their growing attraction in a swoon-worthy kiss. *sigh*
Cress & Thorne - They are so adorable together!! Cress accepts Thorne for who he really is and Thorne likes Cress and her quirkiness.
Scarlet & Wolf - They are an amazing couple as well. They aren't really as openly a couple since they both are a bit hesitant, but once they are reunited, they BETTER confess their feelings.

Gush Session: 
Gosh, this book was just so amazing!! I had high hopes for this book. Cress has surpassed my expectations by far! Everything was just so perfect and wonderful. It had everything. Romance? Check. Action? Check. Awesome setting? Check. Awesome characters? Check. Humor? Check. Good writing? Check. Everything else required for the perfect book? CHECK.

So My Overall Thoughts:
























I NEED WINTER NOW!!



~Miss Perfection~

6 comments:

  1. Haha! You are very funny! I felt the same way! However, I have no doubt that my favorite couple is Cinder and Kai! I hope they have Half-Lunar-Half-Earthen babies together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks!! Yes we can only hope ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review and all of your gifs!! You can check my blog for my review of Cress:

    http://bookwormblogger9.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit late, but thanks! I'll check it out now :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for Winter, either! As for couples, I SHIP CRESS/THRONE SO HARD. And I agree with you about Kai's character development :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last time I checked Goodreads, the hardcover edition of Winter was 824 pages! YES! I agree with Cress being the best book. I liked Scarlet as well though. I loved the scenes with Cress and Thorne are my favourite couple. Loved being the understatement of the century. Winter.... just a few months away now... we can do this, right?
    -Rekha @ Million Book Mill

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)