Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Ignite Me #3)

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Page Length: 416 pgs

Rating: 3.5 Stars

"Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong."

When I first started this series I had high hopes. Everyone said this series was amazing and wonderful and great. I was a bit disappointed with the first two books but was interested in the Teams and romance aspect so I continued. I am so glad that I decided to finish this series. Ignite Me was my favorite book by far and a fitting end to this trilogy. This book was so enticing. I couldn't put it down!! It was epic.

The Characters:
I am SO SO proud of (most of) the characters in this book. They've all grown and developed so much. Below I have an in-depth gush period about the main-ish characters.

Juliette
She has grown so much! She's not the trembling, weak, shattered girl she used to be. She's fierce and strong and badass and do NOT mess with her. I love how she's standing up for herself more and is more independent. She was much less whiny and bolder. The few things I didn't like about her was her speeches, gosh this girl is not an eloquent speaker... And I hate how she's always saying "I'm unstoppable. I'm the best. You can't touch me!!" It gets old Sweetheart, and it doesn't sound very flattering for your character.... But still, so proud of you Juliette hon!!












Adam
Geez. What the heck happened to him?! I feel like the changes in him were WAY too abrupt. I remember the old Adam. As much as I dislike Adam, I must admit that NO ONE can have a personality shift like that one so quickly. It just doesn't happen. All I was thinking was "Darn, this guy's gotta go."

Kenji
Kenji is awesome and hilarious and the best comic relief ever.

Warner
He is SO WONDERFUL AND MAGNIFICENT <3 Truly an enigma. One thing that I didn't like though: he's gone too soft. :/ I want the bad boy back!!

The Plot:
The plot was kind of slow-going and not much happened until the last 40 pages. I enjoyed the slow pace anyway and Mafi somehow managed to keep me interested and intrigued enough to continue reading throughout the book.

The Romance:
The romance in this book was adorable and sappy and cheesy and wonderful. Some lines were so so cheesy I just had to take a moment to shake the glazed look of bliss out of my eyes. Once again, I repeat, this is hardly a dystopia so just don't even call it that... But for the sake of my OCD, it's categorized as "Dystopian"  in my shelves -_- On another note though, I feel as though Juliette didn't really choose, Adam just got taken out of the equation and Juliette decided she liked Warner better. But if Adam hadn't changed, would Juliette have seen reason?! But still. SHE CHOSE AARON WARNER ;)
















Team Warner. YES. IN YOUR FACE ADAM ROBOTIC DULL KENT LOVERS!! (oops sorry I apologize for that rude comment...) 


Chapter 55. Oh. God. Yes. Oh. God. Yes.














The Writing:
Usually the writing is a bit annoying and there is usually imagery and sensory overloaded. I felt that Mafi has found the balance in her writing and made it more subtle and wonderful. Before there was just too much... I liked the increase humor in this book and less ploce (repetition of words and strikeouts) (THANK GOSH). I liked the profound quotes and interesting and descriptive imagery and analogies.

The Ending:
(For the most part)














The ending leaves so many things left unanswered! I get it though because this book is mainly about the romance, but still... I wish we had a more concrete ending.

Tahereh Mafi. Thank you. You have made me a VERY happy reader.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)