Review: Origin

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Page Length: 364 pgs

Rating: 3.5 Stars
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?

SPOILERS BELOW!! 

To start, so many crazy things happened in this book. I found myself flipping to the front cover to ensure that I was reading the right book!!

I was so excited when this book was released. I was looking forward to reading this book. Now that I've read it, I have some mixed thoughts and feelings. I'll start out with the great things.

The romance in this book is highly escalated. Those three little words pop out a lot in this book! And some *scandalous* scenes are in here too. You've been warned. I do love Katy and Daemon as a couple. They balance each other out and are so perfect together. They've gone through so much together, and it's great seeing them happy. There is a huge action scene in this book that is the epitome of alien chaos. It.Was.Awesome. I love the writing of this book. It's so simple and straight-forward. The dialogue and writing is so mundane that it's a breath of fresh air. Usually authors try some fancy writing style just to be "unique." Speaking of writing style, I loved the dual POV of this book. There are some intense scenes in this book, and it's interesting reading from both POVs on the same scene. You see each person's feelings and thoughts towards the same subject. I like the new character introduced, Archer. He seems pretty cool. I love Luc!! He's so funny and awesome.

I didn't really connect with any of the characters in this book. They all turned a little crazy, but that's understandable. I didn't like the time that Katy spent at Daedalus headquarters. It was creepy and terrifying. I feel like the book didn't progress that much. I know it sounds silly given that this book takes place over four months but nothing huge moved through the book (in my opinion). I don't feel like a lot happened in this book. We hardly got anywhere. The huge, mind-blowing things happen at the end of the book making it seem kind of rushed. The ending was so abrupt! I turned to the next page and it was over! I hated the deaths that occurred in this book. I totally was not expecting them to die! And you-know-whose betrayal?! He TURNED them in!?

I did love some of the scenes in this book. When  KATY AND DAEMON GOT MARRIED!! I can't believe that Dawson and Bethany are pregnant! And how about that ending? I also love how Las Vegas was obliterated. That never happens! It's always LA or London. Thank you for being different Ms. Armentrout!

I love this series but I was really hoping for more. Hopefully Armentrout can redeem herself with the final book in the series. She's set the storyline up, now let's hope that she writes it well like her other books.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did the previous ones. I agree that I didn't like the beginning of the book as much as the end. I could not believe that fight scene, it was crazy! I can't wait until the last book comes out! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I was a bit disappointed with this book... I'm so excited!! Less than a month :)

      Delete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)