Top Ten Tuesday (1) ~ All-Time Favorite Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome weekly meme created by The Broke and Bookish where each week they post a new Top Ten list on various bookish things.


I'll start with one of their first meme questions:

What are your top ten all-time favorite books?

Coming up with this list is always painful! I love too many books and it's so hard to only pick ten. 

1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - This series was the first YA book & series I read that jump-started my love of reading. This book will always have a special place in my heart <3 I just love all of the action, humor, romance, characters and everything!

2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - After devouring TMI, I started TID and instantly fell in love with reading all over again. Everything about this series oozes perfection. The writing. The setting. The romance. The drama. The characters. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas - I discovered my assassin novel fetish while reading this awesome book. It's action-packed, funny, Hunger Games reminiscent, romantic, and phenomenal. 

4. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - I was deeply impressed with this angel series! This book contains one of the best love triangles ever.  

5. Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout - The humor and the characters in Lux put this series in a league of its own. 

6. Divergent by Veronica Roth - This series was initially higher in my list, but the books progressively got worse ;( Veronica Roth is still a great writer and has tons of meaningful quotes. I just didn't like where she took her Divergent series. 

7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - VA is the stereotypical vampire book only it's done so well. It's hilarious and action-packed. The characters are memorable and amazing. 

8. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - TDM is one of my favorite dystopias. It's a simple concept yet the execution is so well done. The romance is so adorable and the light moments of this series evenly balances out the harshness of the dystopia. 

9. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - The spin-off series of Vampire Academy does not disappoint! Filled with some familiar faces along with some new ones, this series introduces the most adorable ship ever. 

10. The Selection by Kiera Cass - Ok so maybe the writing isn't that great. Maybe the characters are frustrating. Maybe this has a really weak love triangle. I don't know but there's just something about this series that makes me love it so much!! Maybe because I'm so invested in Maxamer <3 

Well that was my top ten! Trailing behind were The Book Thief and HP. I read those a while ago though so I couldn't really compare them to these which I've read much more recently. 

What are your Top Ten All-Time Favorite Series? 

~Miss Perfection~

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I had no idea that TMI were the first YA books you read—that's great! The first YA book I read was Dead Is The New Black by Marlene Perez.

    My top ten favorite series/books are (though they're not in order):

    *The Winnie Years by Lauren Myracle
    *Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
    *Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
    *The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
    *The Kronos Chronicles by Marie Rutkoski
    *Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    *Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
    *The Anna and the French Kiss books by Stephanie Perkins
    *Divergent by Veronica Roth
    *OCD, The Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ashamed to admit I have heard of all those books but haven't read a single one of them. I will have to check them out sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listed down all of the series I'd read and there were only seven so the last three will be some that I will have to read. :) So here they are:
    1. Harry Potter (I haven't read it but I've watched all of the movies so I guess that counts. :P)
    2. The Hunger Games
    3. Divergent
    4. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
    5. Legend by Marie Lu
    6. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness
    7. The Mortal Instruments (although I haven't finished the entire series yet :D)
    8. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
    9. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
    10. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)