Review: Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Page Length: 374 pgs

Rating: 2 Stars

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered.

This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

After having heard so many positives things about Under the Never Sky, I was really excited to read this book. The concept that Rossi develops in this story is a great reminder as to what could happen in our world if we aren't careful, the balance of nature and the problem with too much technology. The story and plot was so interesting. The story life of the tribal members followed those of the Native Americans which was fascinating to read of. I enjoyed the dual POV and liked how Rossi gradually told us all the information that we needed instead of flooding the reader with information. I admire the two main characters. Aria is strong, inquisitive, and eager to learn. I really admired and respected her when she didn't freak out after being tossed into the outside world. Perry is amazing! He's independent, strong, caring, and smart. The setting was very well described and fascinating. I loved how the romance grew and developed well. Aria and Perry complement each other.

There were a few problems with this book. A big one was the Aether. I was a little confused about what it actually was. I was indifferent towards the two main characters. I didn't really connect with any of the characters in this book either. The book was slow and dragging in some parts. I had to force myself to read the whole book. I was just expecting more from this book. This is one of those "meh" books. It was ok, not fantastic, but not horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)