Wishlist Wednesday #1


Wishlist Wednesday is a blog hop hosted by Pen To Paper where bloggers talk about a book that they've had on their wishlist!

This week's book is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. 

"Cath is a Simon Snow fan.
Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan.... But for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she's really good at it. She and her twin, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it's what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fanfiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath's sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can't let go. She doesn't want to.

Now that they're going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn't want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She's got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend; a fiction-writing professor who thinks fanfiction is the end of the civilized world; a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words...and she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?"

It seems as though everyone has read this book except for me!! Everyone on Goodreads gushes about how great Fangirl is and how it's "so true." I NEED this book. I've yet to read a Rainbow Rowell novel, and I'm excited to make this the first book of hers I'll read! Already I can tell that the main character is like us, she's a fangirl!! And look at that cover, it's utterly gorgeous. ;) 

Which books are on your wishlist?





9 comments:

  1. Count me as yet another person who loves Rainbow Rowell and loved Fangirl! Such a talented writer, and such great books. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading Fangirl last night. I'm loving it so far! Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Fangirl! It was the first book I've read from Rainbow Rowell and it's so cute! I really enjoyed it. I hope you get to read it soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pick! I read this last year and it was really good! If you're a fangirl you'll definitely love this book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read it but I've heard so much about it!! Everyone seems to love it. Hope you get it soon. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/05/wishlist-wednesday-april-21st.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fangirl is one that is definitely on my wishlist as well! Great choice, and thanks for stopping by my wishlist earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fangirl! I can't wait to read this book either! I've heard so many good things about it! Plus the title speaks to me ;) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll have to Fangirl once we've both read it! get it? XD

      Delete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)