A-Z Book Survey

I saw this survey at Lazy Book Lovers, and it looked fun so I'll do it! ;) 

Author You've Read The Most Books From:

That's a tie between two authors: Richelle Mead and Jennifer L Armentrout. I've read all of the VA and Bloodlines books out so far of RM's, and I've read JLA's Covenant series and all of the Lux books out so far in addition to White Hot Kiss. 

Best Sequel Ever:

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas! It was just amazing. The perfect blend of mystery, action, romance, humor, heartbreak, and feels overload. 

Currently Reading:

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. It's the final book in the Grisha series. I'm so excited to read it! On Chapter 1... 

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Lemonade. It's cool and refreshing and sweet. 

E-Reader or Physical Book:

I've gotten a bit lazy recently... I'm using my iPad to read from more and more. I'm pretty impulsive so when I see a book I want it NOW and so it's easier to run to my iPad and buy it on iBooks. And it's so much easier to bring tons of books with me on vacation on my iPad as opposed to lugging tons of books in my suitcase. But then again, I like having a physical copy. I read faster with physical copies, and it's just different reading physical copies. 

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School:

Chaol Westfall <3 (Throne of Glass hottie)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer! I judged this book by the cover and thought the synopsis was weird... I'm so glad that I gave this book a chance though! It's a favorite of mine ;) 

Hidden Gem Book:

Everneath by Brodi Ashton. It's not as popular as most of the books I've read, but it's really good! 

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:

An important moment in my reading life was July 5th, 2012. I read City of Bones by Cassandra Clare which rekindled my love of reading. I've always liked reading, but that book solidified it and made me love reading. I started tearing through books after that, and I haven't stopped since. 

Just Finished:

Of Neptune by Anna Banks. Review to come ;) 

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:

Erotica. Tragic Books. Christian Novels. 

Longest Book You've Read:

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, clocking in at 756 pages. 

Major Book Hangover Because of:

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, 15 days long. 

Number of Book Cases You Own:

Three.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Geez I can't even keep count anymore... 10+ times for sure though.

Preferred Place to Read:

At the beach or on my back porch. 

Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All The Feels From A Book You've Read:

"We are the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss." -Cassandra Clare

Reading Regret:

That I didn't start [loving] reading earlier in my childhood.

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books of the series are out):

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. It's so weird yet unique and awesome at the same time. So why am I dragging my feet? I should just finish the series. 

Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, and Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. 

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Anything that has to do with Cassie Clare & her Shadowhunter Chronicles and anything related to Reign, Throne of Glass, and Vampire Diaries. 

Very Excited For This Release More Than Others:

Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas!! Here's my GR pre-hyped review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/700178264

Worst Bookish Habit:

Flipping to the end of the book and spoiling myself. It's just sometimes books are so boring so I just read the end first... I'm trying to break the habit.

X Marks the Spot- Start at the Top Left of your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:

The Host by Stephenie Meyer! 

Your Latest Book Purchase:

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. 

ZZZ-snatcher- Last Book that Kept You Up WAY Too Late:

Of Neptune by Anna Banks. 

This was fun! :) 



22 comments:

  1. How could I have forgotten about Breaking Dawn?? It definitely didn't feel that long.

    I want to read City of Bones. That series is one I've read every amazing review about, yet, haven't started. I won't even watch the movie until I do. Maybe it's that the popularity is a bit intimidating.

    Love your survey! You can never go wrong with lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read City of Bones!! It's so good :) The movie is not very good in my opinion so yes, I'd definitely read the book first.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sending you the books. Remember?

      Delete
    3. Aw what a great friend!! See Keira? Now you MUST read it ;)

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Definitely something I'm going to have to try out, too! I looooove reading on the beach but I don't go nearly enough. I loved Throne of Glass but I have yet to pick up the other books in the series (I know, I know). Luckily, my birthday is coming up soon so I'm definitely putting Crown of Midnight on my b-day wish list :)

    New follower via GFC! I love your blog design; it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crown of Midnight is even better than Throne of Glass so enjoy! :) Ooh happy almost birthday!!

      Thank you, the lovely Olivia Hou designed it ;)

      Delete
  3. This looks like fun, I'm going to do this... maybe this weekend? Loved your survey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, do it! It's lots of fun and really makes you think back to some wonderful books :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome list. I'm thinking of doing this on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun, I'll check it out once you do it! :)

      Delete
  5. This seems like such a cool idea, so I'll be doing this survey sometime in the future! I read Throne of Glass a couple months ago and it didn't live up to my expectations, but al lot of people say Crown of Midnight is better, so I'm going to have to pick that up soon! I'm also quite curious about Everneath, and I think it's going to be added to my TBR now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Throne of Glass and CoM was even better. I think there's a fair chance that you'll like it! Everneath is a unique story that I love. I hope you'll try it out!

      Delete
  6. Great answers! I just did this, too, and mentioned your blog for inspiring me to do it! bookshelfghost.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-z-book-survey.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine how your house must look with all your masses of books! I'm being old-fashioned and sticking to paperbacks, cannot bring myself to move on to an e-reader yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm about half and half right now. What I've started doing is reading on the e-reader and if I really like the book I'll buy a physical copy :)

      Delete
  8. This looks so fun! I'm going to do this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like fun! I think I might do it! I would be an unapologetic fangirl of The Lunar Chronicles. We have the same bookish worst habit. Haha! But I only skip to the end when I feel like I'm going to die from all the anxiety and stress at a certain point, so I skip ahead to make sure my favorite characters are still alive. I don't read all of the end, I just read enough to let myself know that everything is going to be ok.

    I am a coward. Too many books have broken my heart. I need to learn to trust again. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Monique!! It's tons of fun :) I LOVE Lunar Chronicles :) Haha yes, it's a bad habit... Trust is a must XD

      Delete
  10. I love this survey! I think it's fun to see what people's reading habits/favorite book-related things are. Chaol is pretty amazing and an awesome pick (and I haven't even read Crown of Midnight yet ;) I agree with you about Everneath being a good underrated book, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you've got to read Crown of Midnight. If you liked Throne of Glass, just wait until you read the amazingness of Crown of Midnight :) It's perfection. Same, this survey is so fun! It's fun to see others bookish habits too. I really liked Everneath!

      Delete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)