Top Ten Tuesday (4) ~ Books That Made You Cry


Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish where each week they post a new Top Ten list on various bookish things.

I selected this one from their past meme lists:

Books That Made You Cry

1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare ~ Never have I ever cried so much as I did over this book. It was so beautifully done. The ending was perfect. Truly a masterpiece. I cried because of the last chapter, then I cried because of the epilogue, then I cried because of how the series played out and ended, then I cried because the series was over. I just sat there for an hour, crying my eyes out. 

2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak ~ I did not expect that ending. I cried so much at the end of this book. 

3. Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ The ending of this amazing series. It was perfect with that little sting at the end when you remember not everyone got away unscathed that just pushed me over the edge. I cried for a good half hour and then FaceTimed a GR friend who read the book, and we both cried together over that ending... <-- True Friendship

4. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead ~ We all knew it was coming... We didn't know it would be so intense and sad though... CENTRUM PERMANEBIT, the center will hold ;( WHEN IS SILVER SHADOWS COMING OUT?? 

5. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas ~ The ending, Chaol said something so heartfelt and feels overloaded and then... just that ending. And now everyone's all fractured and split apart. :( 

6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth ~ I was just shocked when I saw what was happening. What broke me was seeing Four's reaction. Quiet sobbing... 

7. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken ~ Once again, a HORRIBLE cliffhanger ending that has tears rolling down. 

8. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout ~ The ending is heartbreaking. And what Daemon says near the end... *tears up*

9. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead ~ Someone gets taken away from us in this 3rd book of the Vampire Academy series. 

10. Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer ~ Near the end there is this one horrifying moment that just sent me over the edge. I still can't believe it happened. Oh and that ending. Gosh talk about sad. 

What books did you cry over? 


16 comments:

  1. I cried my eyes out on Shadow Kissed. Ugh, it was just... well everyone that read the book knows what I mean.

    I also cried over The Fault In Our Stars. That book was sooo sad. Great post! :)

    PS. Where did you get your template from? I love it! I have been looking for something cute. Everything that I have found is just blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shadow Kissed :( I haven't read TFiOS yet... I got my blog redesigned by Olivia Hou! She did all the changes. Sorry I can't be more help :/

      Delete
    2. Whee! Check the footer credits! :D

      Delete
  2. The Book Thief. After reading it all I could do was curl up in a ball and cry. It's still the saddest thing I've ever read. Great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't help but tear up just thinking of The Book Thief. :/

      Delete
  3. Oh yes the end of Opal, oh Daemon!! I was bawling for sure!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes. Clockwork Princess and Allegiant were the worst for crying. I remember I'd finished Allegiant and my mum came and asked how it was, and I just burst out crying all over again ahah.
    I'm kind of scared to read a few of those books now - Sentinel, Crown of Midnight and Opal! Unfortunately I've been spoiled for Shadow Kiss, so I don't think I'll be very shocked when the thing happens. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Trust me, Shadow Kiss is still intense even if you know what's going to happen! Sentinel, CoM, and Opal are fantastic books. Don't worry, you'll survive :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, The Book Thief. More like, waterfalls at Niagra Falls hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has some of my favorite sob worthy books. Mostly Clockwork Princess, Allegiant, and the Darkest Minds. They hurt so good! Great post :) I like all the little plus signs that follow your mouse on this blog haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol XD "They hurt so good!" So true ;)

      Delete
    2. Well now you've made me super nervous for The Book Thief (I still haven't read it yet), but I agree with you about Allegiant, Tobias' reaction was heartbreaking. I wasn't too broken about you know what. It was reading his reaction that destroyed me inside. I actually don't cry about books. I don't know why. I feel sad, but I never cry. The closest I've ever come to crying over a book was when I was reading Jelicoe Road. Thanks for sharing your list! <3

      Delete
    3. The Book Thief is amazing!! You'll love it ;) Yeah I wasn't too broken either, it was just seeing Tobias's reaction that killed me too. I used to not cry over books, but now I seem to cry at the slightest provocation. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)