Waiting on Wednesday (4) ~ Ruin and Rising


"Waiting On" Wednesday is an awesome meme created by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's "Can't Wait For" unreleased book is Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo which comes out June 17th, 2014! 

I am SO excited for the final book in the Grisha series! I seriously have no idea what's going to happen... Will the Darkling redeem himself? Will Alina get her powers back? Will Nikolai reappear?? Who's Alina going to end up with?? 

"The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for."

What books are you waiting for?


24 comments:

  1. I still have yet to read Siege and Storm, but I'm really excited for this! I LOVED the first book in the series, and I can't wait to finish it. :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the first book Shadow and Bone? I still need to read that! O_O By the way.. loving the new design! :3

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Shadow and Bone is the first book. I highly recommend it! Thanks, the lovely Olivia Hou redesigned it :)

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for this one too! I have been listening to the audiobooks and the reader is phenomenal! The wait is almost over! Thanks for sharing! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-21S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! The book you chose looks great too! I love Neil Patrick Harris. Sorry I can't comment though because I don't have a wordpress account.

      Delete
  4. I've heard such amazing things about this series and somehow, I've never gotten around to reading it! It's next on my list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading Shadow and Bone, and it's great so far! I'm hoping to read and finish both that and the sequel before Ruin and Rising comes out. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Siege & Storm yet, and I think I might reread Shadow & Bone and read them all back-to-back as soon as I can get my hands on the third volume. The cover for this one is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too, I like all of them! Enjoy the rest of the series :)

      Delete
  7. I HOPE she ends up with the Darkling because I honestly don't like Mal and Alina and the Darkling are prefect for each other! AH so excited for this book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want her to end up the Darkling or Nikolai ;) Mal is so annoying :P

      Delete
  8. Great pick! I haven't read any of the books from this series yet I have owned Shadow and Bone since it came out. I'm hoping to read it soon!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite entertaining and fast-paced. I hope you get to it soon!

      Delete
  9. I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find more information about it here:
    http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/06/liebster-award.html#more
    I hope you'll participate in it but if you don't have time for these kind of things then just say no. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!!! :)
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award :) Here's the link for more info :)
    http://yabookaholic123.blogspot.ie/2014/06/liebster-award_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited to read this one too!! There's only a couple days left now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you're right!! It comes out so soon :) Excitement levels are increasing!!!!

      Delete
  12. I've seen this book featured a few times recently. I'm going to have to check out this series!

    Love the Bloggers Commenting Back concept, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series!! Same, I like to abide by BCB :)

      Delete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)