Most Owned Authors On My Auto-Buy List

**Pst! It's actually top 6 ;) 

The wonderful Jillian of Jillian's Books tagged me for this post! It looks like so much fun, thanks Jillian <3 


Here is the list of authors that I auto-buy from the most! 


1). Cassandra Clare (9 books)



I love Cassandra Clare and her books! Her books made me love reading, so of course I auto-buy anything she writes! I'm so excited for her other three series which I definitely will be auto-buying. :) I love the characters she creates and the settings and storylines she spins. There's so much action and humor and romance and just great writing! Opening up any Cassie Clare book, I know it's going to be good. I will read ANYTHING this gal writes. 







2). Sarah J Maas (4 books)


Sarah J Maas is my new favorite author. I love her writing and her characters and EVERYTHING. She's a writing god :D Her world-building abilities are fantastic. YA (High) Fantasy is my favorite genre, and it's mainly because of her books. I love the romance and the humor and the awesome characters. Her books do not disappoint, and I am so excited to read the rest of her Throne of Glass series and her new NA series A Court of Thorns and Roses. 








3). Jennifer L. Armentrout (10 books) 


I love JLA's books. Her series seem to be a bit repetitive and quite similar to one another, but she's infamous for creating hot characters (Daemon, Seth, Aiden, Roth)! All of her books are filled with humor and action and swoon worthy romance. JLA's been consistently great with writing awesome novels! 










4). Richelle Mead (11 books)



I love Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series, and I immediately auto-bought the Bloodlines books as well. Her books are full of attack and action, and she's created amazing, complex, and admirable characters. I can't wait to read more of her books!!





5). Alexandra Bracken (2 books)


Alex Bracken is a fantastic writer. She's written one of my most favorite dystopian series. Her characters are so amazing, and her writing is superb. I can't wait to read her final book, and she's already got another series in the works! I can't wait!! 









6). Marissa Meyer (3 books)


I absolutely adore Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series. I was thrilled when I found out that she's writing another series after LC. She's also writing Fairest, a story of Queen Levana if I remember correctly, and another book that's a twist on Alice in Wonderland. I will definitely be auto-buying all of these books! :)  

Which authors do you auto-buy from the most? 

I tag:
Zoe @The Infinite To-Read Shelf
Erin @The Hardcover Lover 
Sandee @A Whimsical Reader 
Blaze @Shadowhunters' Library

I tag anyone else who'd like to do the tag as well! 

26 comments:

  1. I am pretty much in agreement with all of these! Jennifer L. Armentrout is my favorite writer and will love any thing she publishes. The same could be said for Richelle Mead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA writes really fast! She is an entertaining writer.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Richelle Mead and Sarah J. Maas! ^.^ i'm so pumped for a court of thorns and roses! Too bad we have to wait for a while longer... :( *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes out May 5th :D So exciting!!!!!! I love Richelle and SJM <3

      Delete
  3. Yay for Sarah J Maas and Marissa Meyer! I will gobble up anything Miss Meyer writes, especially if it is a retelling. An Alice in Wonderland retelling would be...perfect. Definitely auto-buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I will just about buy anything with Jennifer L. Armentrout's name on it. She is my favorite author! And did you read the Lux series... ? It was da bomb! I actually heard that the last book in the Lux series made it on the NYTimes bestseller list. Congrats for her and great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! ooh NYTimes? That's great.

      Delete
  5. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ON THIS POST! As in 100%!!! Goosh, our book preference as well as author preference are so much alike! <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray you did this post! :D Haha I think I tagged you a month ago! I see a lot of authors here I've read and I plan to read. I've been wanting to read Richelle Mead and J. Armentrout, but I seriously cannot find their books. I read C. Clare and M. Meyer as well!! :D We have a lot in common. I love the authors you've put here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yeah my tags go up way late xD I'd like to think I'm fashionably late though ;) Read Richelle!!!! I love them too, Jillian :)

      Delete
  7. I definitely agree with anything Richelle Mead or Marissa Meyer. Loved Vampire Academy, Bloodlines, AND The Lunar Chronicles! :-) -Jessica @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love VA!! Lunar Chronicles is one of the best things ever. :) Hey Jessica! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  8. I feel kind of accomplished that I've read books from two authors on your list, haha. They would've been on my auto to-buy list, too, except that I've only read one book of theirs each! ><

    1. Cassandra Clare -- I have almost the entire series of The Mortal Instruments on my shelf, but for some reason haven't gotten around to reading the first book yet. I asked a bunch of people if I should even bother, considering the number of mixed reviews it's been getting, and I received even more mixed opinions. :( Still, I'm glad that she's one of your favorite authors. I think I will give City of Bones a try, just to see what all the fuss is about!

    2. Sarah J. Maas -- Eeep, I've only read Throne of Glass by her but really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to get to Crown of Midnight! You're definitely not the only one who fangirls about her -- everyone seems to love her work, so I really need to get on with the Throne of Glass series. THEY HAVE SUCH GORGEOUS COVERS. <3

    3. Jennifer L. Armentrout -- Yet another author I'm not sure I want to try. I know she has plenty of fans, but I'm not much of a contemporary reader, but books that are filled with humor AND swoony romance? NEED. It's so rare to come across books with humor in them these days, everyone seems to prefer dark and dangerous characters. O_O

    4. Richelle Mead -- I do plan on reading Vampire Academy. Just -- *looks at towering review pile* Let me finish up here, first...

    6. Marissa Meyer -- Cinder!!! Oh my gosh, I loved that book so much. I had sky-high expectations when I read it, but Marissa managed to surpass every single one of them. Now all I need to do is catch up to Cress so that I can squeal with everyone else about how amazing all her books are. And yeah, I need more Prince Kai. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie Clare's books are wildly popular and tons of people have read them. There are bound to be many mixed reviews when there's over 500,000 readers! :) Ooh I'd love if you gave it a try, can't wait to read your review, Meg :)

      Crown of Midnight is EVEN BETTER. I know right?? GORGEOUSNESS.

      That's quite true, everything is dark and deadly these days... Lots of YA horror and psychological thrillers are being released. JLA is good, it's light and entertaining.

      VA is awesome!! Haha I know the feeling, the review pile is starting to tamper with my sanity.

      Cinder is amazing!! It's such a cool idea :) Meyer started the trend for fairytale retellings in YA (IMO). KAI <3 Cress is the best yet :D Enjoy, Meg!! <3

      Delete
  9. The only one I am not familiar with is Alexandra.
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome, I recommend her series, The Darkest Minds!

      Delete
  10. I really don't have any auto-buy authors. I taste-test a lot of different authors before figuring out if I want to finish a series or read other books by them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! Thanks for tagging me Rachel! <3 Definitely going to do this sometime soon! I love all your choices too! (Haha...I'd have a feeling Cassie Clare & Sarah J. Maas would be on here! I just know you too well! xD) And Marissa Meyer's books absolutely rock! I haven't read anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout or Richelle Mead despite the glowing reviews their books have gotten (I know...I know! I'm such a horrible person!), but I think you can help persuade me! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Unapologetic fangirl and proud ;) Nah you're not horrible, you're just too busy reading other awesome books and adding to my towering TBR list xD I can be VERR persuasive :)

      Delete
  12. Alright... I finally did it, but it's a mess.

    http://thehardcoverlover.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-tag-most-owned-authors-on-my-auto.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, I have a few. Richelle Mead (obviously- I have 13) LJ Smith (10), JK Rowling (15), Suzanne Collins (7- I have 3 copies of HG and two sets of the others), Rachel Caine (8) & Claudia Grey (6) So they're all on my auto-buy, well, except for LJ Smith now, since she mostly has no control over her own books anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love Richelle!! JK Rowling's books are amazing :D Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)