Waiting on Wednesday (8) ~ Exquisite Captive


"Waiting On" Wednesday is an awesome meme created by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's "Can't Wait For" unreleased book is Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios which comes out October 7th, 2014! 

This book just sounds really intriguing and good! :) 



Forced to obey her master. Compelled to help her enemy. Determined to free herself.

Nalia is a jinni of tremendous ancient power, the only survivor of a coup that killed nearly everyone she loved. Stuffed into a bottle and sold by a slave trader, she’s now in hiding on the dark caravan, the lucrative jinni slave trade between Arjinna and Earth, where jinn are forced to grant wishes and obey their human masters’ every command. She’d give almost anything to be free of the golden shackles that bind her to Malek, her handsome, cruel master, and his lavish Hollywood lifestyle.

Enter Raif, the enigmatic leader of Arjinna’s revolution and Nalia’s sworn enemy. He promises to free Nalia from her master so that she can return to her ravaged homeland and free her imprisoned brother—all for an unbearably high price. Nalia’s not sure she can trust him, but Raif’s her only hope of escape. With her enemies on the hunt, Earth has become more perilous than ever for Nalia. There’s just one catch: for Raif’s unbinding magic to work, Nalia must gain possession of her bottle…and convince the dangerously persuasive Malek that she truly loves him. Battling a dark past and harboring a terrible secret, Nalia soon realizes her freedom may come at a price too terrible to pay: but how far is she willing to go for it?

Inspired by Arabian Nights, EXQUISITE CAPTIVE brings to life a deliciously seductive world where a wish can be a curse and shadows are sometimes safer than the light.

What books are you waiting for? 

17 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS ONE! IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. And then I will pass it on to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book around everywhere but I've never really known what it was about. However, after reading the synopsis, I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR list. This story sounds so original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never read anything about Jinni but instant connect to Aladdin. This books sounds really, really good. Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something Real by HR is one of my favorite books this year, but this one admittedly scares me. The whole love triangle-ish situation.... although I've heard mixed reactions to it. I think I might have to wait until the 2nd book is released before I start this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the synopsis but I'm not sure if this book is actually for me. I'll just check out a few reviews after the release and see what others have to say about it. Anyways, I hope you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really hesitant on this one. The synopsis sounds really good but I've read quite a few disappointing reviews so I might wait a bit to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The synopsis sounds great, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this book! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I haven't heard of this one before! It sounds SO AMAZING! I really like the cover, too. Man, so many awesome sounds books are releasing in October; I can't wait!

    Thanks for sharing this one!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book does sound interesting but I don't think its my cup of tea. Thanks for visiting my WoW =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one around everywhere recently and I can't wait to read it! It sounds awesome and I've heard pretty good things about it too! Great pick this week!

    -Emily @ Books & Cleverness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh this new to me but sounds excellent! Jinni in a bottle! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I LOVE the cover and the blurb, and simply cannot wait to read this one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite books of the year so far (besides Dangerous Girls obviously *cough* *cough*) was Heather's Something Real. I just loved her writing style and how relatable her characters were; and I hope Exquisite Captive is the same! :D Great pick, and thanks for sharing! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm already so into this book from the cover and synopsis alone. I hope it's as good inside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, I love the cover! And the author's name as well, hehe. :) The only thing that bugs me is the romance of which I heard on Goodreads and the overwhelming negative reviews. huh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just added to TBR list! It sounds soo cute! I'll check the GR reviews though, but the cover is ah-maze-ing.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)