Heir of Fire Book Tour Event

This post is very late, better late than never though!!

As you may know, I am an avid Throne of Glass fan. I have been for roughly a year now :D I was ecstatic when I found out that Sarah J Maas was coming to a town close by for her Heir of Fire Book Tour. I was fortunate enough to go!! It was also my first bookish event!

Jamie and Me
When I first walked into the indie bookstore, Children's Book World in Haverford, PA, I had no idea what to expect. As I entered the main room of the bookstore my eyes landed on none other than Jamie, blogger extraordinaire of The Perpetual Page-Turner & The Broke and the Bookish. She's basically my blogging idol, and she was standing literally five feet from me! Of course I freaked out and ventured further into the store. I grabbed Susan Dennard's Something Strange and Deadly series and a paperback copy of Throne of Glass. While waiting in line to buy the books, I saw Sarah J Maas and Susan Dennard talking right behind me. I froze up and stared in awe. Sarah looked over, saw me, smiled, and waved. I almost died. I waved back then abruptly turned around.

Brittany and Me
After that embarrassing start to the event, I noticed someone who looked familiar, my friend Brittany from Please Feed the Bookworm ! I said hi and we talked and hung out and fangirled together. It was so much fun. **Just a quick side note. I'm usually not shy. I'm usually the opposite of shy. It seems that when I'm in presence of authors and other bloggers I get really shy. It's strange....** Brittany led me over to Jamie and introduced me to her. Jamie is so sweet, and she's so pretty!! Then Brittany introduced me to Kim from The Midnight Garden who was also the moderator of the Q&A. Kim was really nice and awesome too! She even gave me some Midnight Garden swag. :)


Kim and Me
By the time the authors came to the raised platform, there were maybe 30-40 people there. The Q&A was pretty cool! They talked about their childhoods and how it helped shape their writing, they compared themselves to their characters, they joked, they laughed, they shared stories. I got a Throne of Glass tote since I asked a question!! I've been wanting one of those for such a long time, I was ecstatic when I got the tote.

We lined up to get our books signed, and I loved how CBW set it up. Each person goes up one at a time and can converse with the authors in a no pressure environment! There's no one waiting behind you, breathing down your neck for you to hurry up and move on. I had lovely chats with Susan, Elizabeth, and Sarah. They're so sweet and down-to-earth!

I had so so so so so much fun at the event. It was definitely the highlight of the month. :)

17 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Living in the UK I never get to go to events like this BUT AHHHHH. It would be amazing if I did.

    I'm glad you had such fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love this series as well from the very beginning and it really has just gotten better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that tote looks amazing. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so, SO fun! I imagine I would be insanely nervous meeting bookish people in person too (though, I am nervous in general). I think I need to pay more attention to this stuff, because Haverford is not *that* far from where I live and apparently, I am missing out! So glad you had such a lovely opportunity and enjoyed it! Love the tote too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of you, Rachel! They don't hold those sorts of things in my hometown too often and my dad doesn't really support my love for reading (except my mom, she understands me haha). I hope one day I can do that too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! ^_^

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun :) I also love going to book events and meeting new people. And your blog looks fantastic.
    I'm a new follower, btw. Yay! :)

    - The Reading Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a great event! I'm glad you got to meet those bloggers and authors--Sarah J. Maas! Yay! I would love to meet L.J. Smith one day or Leigh Bardugo would be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had an amazing time, thanks for sharing with us! Love the pictures. I think I would have been excited to recognize another book blogger as well, and especially nervous when I saw awesome authors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW RACHEL! Gah! You're so lucky to have gotten to meet Sarah J. Maas and those other fabulous book bloggers! :D Thank you for sharing this with us; so glad to hear you had such a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW it sounds like you had the best time, I love bookish events and meeting other bloggers and authors in the community! That is awesome how you met Sarah J. Maas, she is one of my favourite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so fun!! Even though I completely embarrassed my self in front of Sarah but simply respecting OMG until my overloaded brain could form a coherent sentence, she was still so nice. I'm so glad I got to meet you and cheers to many more bookish adventures to come!!
    ❤️ Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repeating not respecting *freakin autocorrect*

      Delete
  12. I got to meet Sarah last year and it was SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had such a great time! I want to meet Sarah J. Maas so bad! I want all my beautiful Throne of Glass books signed. I wish there were more bookish events near me to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! *stares in awe* I totally don't blame you for fangirling and going shy, I'd do the same! xD You are simply the luckiest to meet those wonderful ladies! The only author (that I've read a book from) is K.A. Tucker, but all I basically did was see her and hear her read from her book. No chats, sadly. I am totally hoping and crossing my fingers that Sarah and the other lovely ladies will be at BEA next May! I'm going to be going through so many fangirl moments, LOL! It's always crazy to think that you're meeting a person whose mind came up with that brilliant idea of a book you loved, haha. <33

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like it was such an amazing event! I met Sarah J. Maas at her Throne of Glass launch a few years ago, and she was so sweet. I'm shy whenever I meet authors and other bloggers in real life, too. Don't worry about it! Great recap post, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GAH. I'M SO JEALOUS. They should really make a trip up to Toronto. Literally, it's right (kind of) next to NYC. I am suuuper shy in person. I think i'd just stand there and say nothing until somebody came up to me.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)