Bookish News ~ October 26th


In case you've been out of the loop, here's what's been happening in the bookish community!

The Young Elites by Marie Lu debuted 4th on the New York Times Bestseller List. YAY!!

Psychotic author, Kathleen Hale stalked a blogger who gave Hale's book a negative review. Hale and her article in which she wrongingly glorified her response, caused mayhem in the blogging community as she described her immoral and illegal retaliation to the review: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/oct/18/am-i-being-catfished-an-author-confronts-her-number-one-online-critic

The Heir (The Selection #4) by Kiera Cass ~ Cover Reveal

Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story. But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she always thought.


In one regard, I am ecstatic that there's going to be more Selection novels. They infuriate me and don't have much substance, but they're so cute and fluffy and romantic. It's basically bookish candy. I hope Eadlyn is smarter than her mother... On the other hand, this feels way too much like Cass is just cashing in. I understand that authors write books to make money but still... Can't she just write a different series?? The One was so finite and final... Leave us to our happily ever after! But now we're tossed back in again where our fantasies and imagination can not run wild and think of Maxamer's future since it's being written out!! *ends rant* I LOVE this cover though. 

A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACoTaR #1) by Sarah J. Maas~ Cover Reveal

When 19-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it ... or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.


I love Sarah J Maas and her books. Ooh, a retelling of Beauty and the Beast?? I will read ANYTHING this woman writes. Books, comics, grocery lists, anything. 

A lot has happened recently! Any thoughts on this news? Coverly love? Outrage towards Hale? Yays for Lu? Confusion over the necessity of The Heir? Comment below!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not so excited about more Selection Novels, even though i liked the series so far. But I think the end from The One is enough, there don't have to be another book...
    Haha, yeah, I'd also read everything Sarah J. Maas writes. She is just an amazing author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Heir cover is absolutely gorgeous!
    I tweeted plenty about my opinions on Kathleen Hale - shocking story. I'm so glad the booktube/book blogging community is coming together to let authors know that this behaviour is not okay!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Young Elites:DDD So excited for A Court of Thorns and Roses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think the covers for The Selection series could get any more gorgeous, but apparently I was wrong :) I am so excited to read The Heir!

    Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale to read/see adaptations of, and I'm sure A Court of Thorns and Roses will also be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that it seems like Cass may be trying to make a couple more bucks...but I am excited nonetheless. I agree with you; the books have so many issues but they're sooo. addicting. xD

    The covers are both so pretty! I am practically drooling over them. :D I thought A Court of Thorns and Roses was a Throne of Glass novel for a while (oops!) Guess I probably should have read the blurb more thoroughly instead of skimming it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fantastic wrap-up, Rachel! :D I haven't read The One yet, but from what I've heard, more books aren't necessary. However, that cover is GORGEOUS. I didn't originally like the cover for Maas' new novel, but now that I know it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling, it's growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Sarah J. Maas was writing another series! Sign me up! :D I love The Heir's cover as well - it's my favorite out of the whole series so far. I haven't read The Young Elites yet but it's at the top of my list! I've already heard some MAJOR spoilers. As for Kathleen Hale... wow is all I have to say. Awesome post!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard the Young Elites was doing so well, but I can't say I'm surprised, that book rocks! I did hear about that author blogger stalking thing. Yikes! I've been meaning to read the Selection, I wonder what it will be like with the Princess having the Selection this time. A Court of Thrones sound so good! I thought the story sounded a lot like Beauty and the Beast! Thanks for the news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI!!! You have all been tagged for the seven deadly sins tag:D Check out our post for more information:http://mylittlecornerforbooks.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-seven-deadly-sins-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)