Chills and Thrills ~ Book Recommendations


Since Halloween is right around the corner, I thought I'd recommend some books you could read for 'tis the season for chills and thrills and bloody murder.



Easy ~ The Fun


These books are fun, campy paranormal reads. They aren't particularly scary. They have action, romance, and loads of paranormal that's treated as the normal. There are heart-racing moments, shocks, thrills and more! You won't check your surroundings for weird behavior. You're not going to be freaked out by these books.

 Shadow Falls by CC Hunter & Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 


Medium ~ The Strange


These books have sporadic moments of eeriness. You might check the locks on your windows and doors. You might dig under the covers a bit more. You might look up from reading every so often and make sure that no one is watching you. 

 Lailah by Nikki Kelly & Made For You by Melissa Marr




Hard ~ The Psychotic


These books will mess with your head. You will check under your bed and in your closet to make sure nothing's lurking in the shadows. You'll keep all the lights on in the house at night. You'll take breaks from reading because the freakiness gets to you.

 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Series & The Lying Game by Sarah Shepard


What creepy books do you recommend? 

11 comments:

  1. ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD and MARY: THE SUMMONING. O_O

    Okay, that's about as many creepy books I can recommend. I HAVE read Shadow Falls and Vampire Academy... and skimmed through The Lying Game (I know, shame on me, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought TUOMD was a romance novel! O.o on a scale of 1 to 15, how scary was it? One being an insect and 15 being a murderous clown in your house?

    I def recommend any stephen king book, they are so horrifying... I remember just having to put aside the novel at some points to relax and drink a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one is your favourite Rachel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recommendations, I'm intrigued to read them for sure!

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/creatures-of-night-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree 100% on Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Creepiest book ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! I'm itching to re read that series in preparation for the last one. Great recommendations! I have Made for You on my Kindle and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, omg, I love your categories! Thanks for the recommendations. Aside from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I haven't read any of the books in this list so I'm definitely going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your scary meter. One of these books from each level is on my to read list. Vampire Academy, Made For You and Mara Dyer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the suggestions! I can't wait to read The Lying Game and Mara Dyer at some point. The best chilling read that I have read in a while was Dying for a Living by Kory M. Shrum. It was really good, I strongly suggest it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Definitely quite the creepy book.
    To be honest, I don't really get that scared from books because I'm not much of a visual reader, but Anna Dressed in Blood was pretty creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! I heard such great things. I love your scare-o-meter :)

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)