#ReadingCram Chills and Thrills Read-A-Thon Signups!!

Last December Jenny @JuliaBabyJen'sReadingRoom and Dana @DanaSquare hosted the #ReadingCram. There were 100 participants, and it was really successful and fun!

This year Little Red Reads and I are joining as hosts for this Halloween-Themed Read-a-thon!

Details:
It starts Friday, October 24th and runs until Halloween, Friday, October 31st!!

Read Spooky-Themed Books:
Paranormal
Witches
Zombies
Vampires
Werewolves
Thriller
Mystery

I hope you'll join!! If you want to, make a sign up post and link it to the linky below :) In your post you can talk about your planned TBR for the read-a-thon, any personal goals, whatever! Just help us spread the word and read spooky stuff :)

Please tweet using #ReadingCram to stay updated and to share what you're reading. We'll be hosting giveaways along the way as well! Psst, I'm giving away a brand new copy of The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.

Sign up below in the linky if you want to participate!!

We have fun daily challenges that people can do :)

Here are the challenges (doing them is optional but they're fun):

Oct 24-- TBR challenge--list what books you are planning to read for the read-a-thon, on your blog, YouTube, etc. Hosted by Becoming Books

Oct 25--Teaser Challenge--randomly open the book you are reading and post 2 sentences from the read ADDING/SUBSTITUTING IN 3 spooky/Halloween words of your choosing into the teaser! Post on Twitter, blogs, YouTube, etc. Hosted by Andrew@ Endlessly Reading

Oct 26--A recreation of a book title and/or book cover (recreating in whatever way, drawing, acting, a photo, painting, etc).  Like "Fangirl" is "Fanggirl." "The Night Circus" as "The Fright Circus." Hosted by MySeryniti

Oct 27--Song Challenge--pick any of your creepy reads and pick a song that best describes that book (or feel of the book) OR make a playlist for the book! Post on any social network. You can even do a Spotify playlist and embed in their blog post! Hosted by Book Escape Reviews

Oct 28--Spell It Out Challenge--pick one of the following words: Ghost, Witch, Zombie, Howl or chose your own spooky word and using each letter, find a title of a book you've read this year to "spell it out." FOR EXAMPLE
G  Graceling by Kristin Cashore
H  Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
O  Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
S  Sanctum by Sarah Fine
T  Timebound by Rysa Walker

Q,X,and Z the letters can be anywhere in the title. Post a link to it on social media and #ReadingCram Hosted by Rachel @ A PERFECTION CALLED BOOKS

Oct 29. Scary Make Up Challenge--Make yourselves up to look scary and share a pic! Base if off of a character, or just go crazy! Doesn't have to be gory necessarily, whatever constitutes "scary" to you! Hosted by LITTLE RED READER

Oct 30 Twitter Synopsis Challenge--Make up your own synopsis for a scary book (made up story) using 166 characters or less. Post on any social media and tag it #ReadingCram Hosted by KellysBookSpill

Oct 31 Wrap Up challenge with Costume challenge (optional) -- Do a readathon wrap up on your blog, YouTube, whatever of what you read, etc, and also post a pic or dress up in your Halloween costume! That part is optional, only if they want to! Hosted by DANASQUARE

You can do any and all of the challenges you want! ^^

This is my first read-a-thon/blog event, so I am VERY nervous. It'd be nice to see a few familiar faces!! Join.... if you dare ;) 


9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! KEEP US UPDATED ON THE CREEPINESS OF THE BOOKS.

    I'm tempted to do this, but the pressure of readathons always makes me antsy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your read a thon goes well! I don't really have any spooky books, but I do have plenty of arcs to read, so I don't think I'll be participating, but it does look like fun. :) Oh the Immortal Rules... I can be bribed, but no I have to read arcs first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I have to check out these new reads! I'm now following you via gfc, Hope you check out my blog? keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections
    Paperback International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This looks so fun, Rachel. I hope the Read-A-Thon goes well! I'll try my best to join, but it's going to be a little tough with school in the way. I'll try doing so, though :D :D

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, this looks like such fun! I wish I was able to participate, but unfortunately I have review books to catch up on, and not all of them fit the criteria. Oh well, maybe next year? I hope you and all of the participants have a great read-a-thon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post!
    Follow you!
    Follow me back?!
    ^^
    http://ann-kos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS SOUNDS SO COOL RACHEL! <3 I'll definitely consider signing up if I have time! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! I have an insane amount of stuff going on in real life but I will try to join you next year and look forward to seeing all the hijinks :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, I am a little late, but I think I will participate. I've been wanting a readathon! =)

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)