2015 Challenges

I'm participating in seven challenges this year!! I need something to guide me through, something structured that limits the reading slumps and helps vary the books I read! I can't just read ARCs and shy away from contemporaries. I need to expand my reading horizons!

And now I present the challenges I'll be doing:

Thanks Evie @ Bookish!
This challenge aims to help you lower your TBR by reading books that were released prior to 2015!
Click here for more information.

I'm going for a firm handshake (11-20 books)

1. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord 2. Magnolia by Kristi Cook 3. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas 4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 5. Sanctum by Sarah Fine 6. Winterspell by Claire Legrand 7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 8. Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan 9. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn 10. Splintered by A. G. Howard 11. Alienated by Melissa Landers 12. On the Fence by Kasie West 13. Pivot Point by Kasie West 14. The Falconer by Elizabeth May 

Thanks Emily @ Falling For YA
I have a problem with requesting too many eARCs. I feel parts elation and dread whenever I get approved for a new title. I can't possibly read all of these!! This challenge will hopefully motivate me to read my eARCs. 
Click here for more information.

I'm going for the Bronze (10 books)

1. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios 2. Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers 3. The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace 4. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno 5. Magonia by Marie Dahvana Headley 6. Emancipated by M. G. Reyes 7. Illusionarium by Heather Dixon 8. The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman 9. The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi 10. The Cage by Megan Shepherd 11. The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen 12. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton


Thanks Mel @ Daily Prophecy!
I love fairytale retellings, and I can't wait to participate in this challenge. As you can see I have quite a few challenges to do, but I HAD to work this one in somehow.
Click here for more information.

I'm going for Magic Mirror (5-9 books)

1. Fairest by Marissa Meyer 2. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge 3. A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas 4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas 5. Winterspell by Claire Legrand 6. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Thanks Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books & Rachel @ Hello, Chelly
I adore fantasy, it's my favorite genre ever!! I plan on reading lots of fantasy books this year and this challenge will help me along.
Click here for more information.

I'm going for 15 books

1. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas 2. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows 3. Throne of Glass #4 by Sarah J Maas 4. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson 5. The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons 6. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir 7. The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace 8. The Young Elites by Marie Lu 

The other fantasy novels I plan to read are being read for other challenges as well! 

Thanks Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl!
I love to support debuting authors, and I'm planning a blog event to celebrate and introduce these debuts! I thought it would be only fitting that I join this debut challenge since I plan on reading lots of these authors debuts :) 
Click here for more information.

I'm going for 15 books

1. City of Savages by Lee Kelly 2. Dead to Me by Mary McCoy 3. The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi 4. After Hours by Claire Kennedy 5. Hunger, Heart, Fuel, Nation by Tessa Elwood 6. Velvet by Temple West 7. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir 8. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker 9. The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace 10. A Wicked A Thing by Rhiannon Thomas 11. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh I'm not sure which other ones I want to read yet! 

Thanks Nori!
This challenge aims at reading 105 books! Pick twelve different categories and assign it to a number of books you want to read (1-12) and you have to do this until each number is assigned a category.
Click here for more information.

12. 2015 Debuts 11. Contemporary 10. Physical ARCs 9. eARCs 8. Fantasy 7. Pre-2015 Releases 
6. 2015 Non-Debut Releases 5. Sequels 4. Fairytale Retellings 3. Series Ender 2. Thriller/Mystery 1. Paranormal

Thanks Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight &
Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
This is not a reading challenge, this is a challenge to motivate us to write discussion posts! I love writing them and apparently APCB readers love reading them! My stats are highest for my discussion posts, hopefully this challenge will make me write more :)
Click here for more information.

I'm going for Creative Conversationalist (13-24 discussion posts)

I have lots of ideas, I can't WAIT to share them with you!

Are you joining any challenges for 2015? 
What books do you plan on reading?

40 comments:

  1. My goodness, you're going to have a busy reading + blogging year! Good luck with all your challenges - they sound like a lot of fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound really fun, good luck! I do the same thing, sign up for too many challenges then realise just how difficult it'll actually be :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've taken part in quite a handful of challenges, I'll never know you how do it girl! They all seem a lot of fun but I am too much of a mood reader to be able to stick to and complete challenges. I'm only going to go for the GR reading challenge. Hope you have loads of fun reading. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm participating in three challenges: the 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, the Netgalley/Edelweiss challenge and the Goodreads challenge! Previously I signed up to practically all the challenges but I found it too hard to keep track, so I'm just sticking to 3 for this year. Good luck with all your challenges, I'm sure you'll do great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so awesome, and I hope you have fun doing all of these challenges! I've already joined 3 of these: Flights of Fantasy (so excited because it's my favorite genre), the NERC one (because I need to keep knocking down those review copies and I participated this year and it helped me immensely), and the discussion one! I *might* join the debut one but am not sure yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep narrowing down challenges and I keep finding new ones. Ahh! I am going to have to look into some of these. Good luck with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is great, Rachel! I've joined the Flights of Fantasy and the Fairytale Challenge as well as some other challenges. Hope you have a great time completing all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many challenges! THAT'D BE FUN :D I want to participate, but I don't always have enough time to read, though. I'll probably go for the easiest! Hope you finish them in 2015, Rachel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many challenges Rachel!! I do hope you'll have a great time doing all these Rachel!!
    I'm so far signed up for 4 challenges myself, and I hope I can do better at those than I did at most of my challenges this year!
    I've also joined another Debut Authors challenge, because I have so many debuts already preordered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying, look at all those challenges. None for me this year, I'm afraid. BUT GOOD LUCK RACHEL! You'll smash it my dear<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of these challenges look really tempting. Maybe I'll try both the 2015 TBR pile challenge and The Hights of Fantasy one. Good luck with your challenges! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm happy that you're participating in the 105 Challenge. From looking at all of your different challenges, you're definitely going to be busy! There are a TON of the books from your TBR pile challenge that I have on my TBR shelf, but haven't read yet. I'd love to buddy read some with you!

    I really should join the NG and EW challenge, but I don't feel like signing up :P Is that a bad thing? Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so obsessed with challenges. I made a page for all my 2015 challenges yesterday and I think I've bit off more than I can chew but I'm going to aim to get them all done. I don't know, they're just so fun that I can't help participate even if I know I will probably disappoint myself! I'm doing the TBR pile, fairytale challenge, Debut author challenge and Flights of Fantasy challenge as well! I haven't made any solid goals yet... I should get on that.

    Good luck Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many challenges!! Good luck though and I hope that you have fun reading all these books! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm participating in these too (except for the fairytale one)! I'm especially excited for the 105 and discussion challenges. Both are great ideas. Good luck with all the challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! So glad you're joining us for the Discussion Challenge! I can't wait to discuss with you! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow .. You sound like you will be super busy reading! :D I'm going for the Fairytale Retelling Challenge & the Debut 2015 challenge as well. I cannot wait to see your reviews :)

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha, that's a lot of challenges! The fairytale reading challenge looks particularly awesome. For the Debut one, I totally agree with An Ember in the Ashes. I've alreayd read it, and I completely love it. Eek! You should also try Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, which was by far the best 2015 release I've read so far. It also counts for the fantasy challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 105 books challenge looks... challenging! I don't think I could do that one; I didn't read anywhere near that number of books this year, and I even had some 32-page picture books in there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's so many amazing challenges next year! I haven't heard of the 105 challenge before now, but I think I'm definitely going to take part. It's such a unique idea for a challenge. Good luck with your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This will be my go-to-guide for challenges, haha. Great post, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wheee, goodness! I wish success with all of the challenges :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That's a ton of challenges! I would join some, but honestly, I'm SO bad at keeping with them. I get bored or distracted and they end up having the opposite effect on me. Instead of wanting to complete them, I feel pressured and shy away from finishing them. It's ridiculous, haha! Anyway, good luck! I hope you have fun with all the new books and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rachel I definitely need to join some of these challenges in order to keep on top of everything, especially the NetGalley and Edelweiss challenge, good luck with all your challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. 7 challenges is a lot! Good luck with all of them, I'll be looking forward to reading about your progress!

    Christina | Passion Obsession: Hosting a Christmas Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are joining tons of challenges & I'm happy that you decided to join my fairytale challenge. I'm also participating in 2015 TBR pile & Flights of fantasy. I can't wait to get started :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG that is a lot of challenges and I can't even bear to sign up for because I suck at sticking to them. HA! Good luck with them all Rachel, I hope there are many that overlaps across the different challenges ;) And yaaaay, I'm a lover of retellings and fantasy as well, I can sense a good bookish friendship brewing as I stalk your blog more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a lot of challenges, I wish you the best of luck for all of them! This post is making me excited about 2015 and my own challenges for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woohoo! I can't wait to get 2015 started :) I'll be participating in the 105, debut authors, Fights of Fantasy. See you there :)
    Have a safe and Happy New Year xoxo
    Helena @Book Nerd Addicts

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, this is quite an impressive list! I am so happy you are joining in ours :) So far it is the only one I am doing BUT I need to do another to keep myself accountable. So I probably should join another, but... I have no idea which one! They are all things I should be doing, so it is hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  31. NOOOOOO! I TOLD MYSELF I WOULD DO NO - NO! - READING CHALLENGES IN 2015 BUT AFTER SEEING YOUR LIST I REALLLLLLY WANT TO SIGN UP TO A DOZEN OR SO. THANKS. I WILL COME AND BLAME YOU WHEN MY BRAIN EXPLODES. xP

    That fairytale challenge is perrrrfect. I LOVES IT.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like you're going to have a very busy 2015. :) I decided that I won't join any reading challenge next year because I made a TBR jar. Haha.. Am I making sense? No? Well, anyway... Enjoy your year, Rachel! ^__^ Here's to more books and feels! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I suck at this challenges. I think it was last year that I joined one or two challanges and I sort of lost track about it. Haha. Not my thing at all.

    So many plans there! You'll have a very hectic year Rachel. Here's to hoping you'll acheive them all. And Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fairytale challenge sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh wow, there are so many awesome challenges here! And I saw a lot of titles that I hope you get to read next year, because they're really good! I don't participate in reading challenges because I tend to loose track of time and forget all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good luck girlie, I'm eyeing a couple of the challenges, but I haven't really made a decision either way. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG! Last year, I participated in this LGBT challenge but this year, I think I'm going to subscribe to the fairytale, fantasy and debut author one. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So many great reading challenges! Good luck and have fun reaching your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ohhhh I totes wanna jump on a couple on your challenges but I feel like maybe for my first year I should keep it simple. The fantasy one about the retellings is beckoning to me and I'm prob gonna read them anyway since they are my thang. 😊😊😊😊
    ❤️Britt

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am doing Goodreads (but who isn't) and the Fairytale Retelling Challenge. I am going to try and read all of Gegory Maguire's retellings. I might do Netgalley's, too. You have a lot!! Here's to success!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)