Happy New Year everyone!!!!
My first blogoversary is in exactly TWO months... Whoa.
To start the new year I thought I'd share my goals and resolutions for the new year.
- Schedule posts ahead of time ~ I want to get a month or two ahead of posting. I feel like I'm always scrambling to get posts in... I want to have the whole month already planned out with all the posts scheduled already.
- Keep up with comments ~ I got woefully behind on commenting back, 2 months behind. It was over 500 comments. I took this holiday break to catch up, so yay!! Now I just need to consistently comment back so I don't get behind again.
- Comment on more blogs ~ I want to discover more blogs!! I love visiting blogs, and meeting new people.
- Request less arcs ~ I always go crazy with arc requests, I need to dial it back. A lot.
- Write more discussion posts ~ I love writing discussion posts, but I never take the time to do so.
- Socialize on Twitter more ~ There's a whole bookish community on Twitter, and I want to interact with more people! :)
- Read books faster ~ I get through books so slowly since I'm easily distracted. I'll read a few pages and then get up and go make cookies or something...
- Limit the number of promos and blog tours ~ I only have two tours scheduled for next year -Fairest by Marissa Meyer and Dead to Me by Mary McCoy- and I want to keep it at a small number.
- Write my reviews in a timely manner ~ I need to write posts soon after I read the book or else I have a review-writing queue of 10 or so books. It's not fun.
- Exercise ~ I used to be fit and in shape. School and stress and procrastination has reduced me to being as inflexible as a stick, praying that I still fit in double zero pants, and gasping for breath after a half mile. I HAVE TO FIX THIS.
- Know when to focus on school ~ Books distract me. They are like candy, sometimes I choose to read over doing more important school-related things.
- College ~ I apply to colleges this fall, OH MY GOSH. :0 I hope I get in to my number one choice, my brother went there and loved it and I've visited the campus in Chicago and loved it as well. Now I just need to crush my ACTs and keep up my grades. Stress.
- Limit Procrastination ~ I can only dream...
What are your goals and resolutions for 2015?