#Fantasy February ~ Favorite Fantasy Novels


I've read lots of fantasy novels, but these are definitely my favorites!


This book is basically the best thing ever. Throne of Glass introduced me to YA Fantasy. I love it so much, and it's the first book I think of when I hear the word "fantasy." Assassins. Hot guys. Romance. Action. Epic story. Fantastic Writing. Need I go on?

I fell for this book the minute I read the synopsis. Then I read the beautiful book, and I am still reeling from its epicness. I just love the court politics and the aesthetics and the writing. What an amazing debut! 


I absolutely loved the premise of this book and the affiliation with the seasons and the conduits. The world-building, characters, character growth, and plot were great! 

The writing is beautiful, and I adored the storytelling. Lia is one of my all-time favorite protagonists, and RAFE <33 This book was just so darn pretty, inside and out! And now that I have book #2.... :D


Sarah J Maas is easily one of my favorite authors. I knew before even opening this book that it would be a favorite of mine. She far surpassed my expectations for this book, and I'm proud to add this to my favorites shelf. The retelling and the writing and the plot were all well done. HOT FAE MEN. I mean come on... How could you not give it 5 stars?


What are your favorite fantasy novels?

15 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read Red Queen and Snow like Ashes! The cover for Snow Like Ashes is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG HOW AMAZING IS ACOTAR?!?!?! I just finished it and I'm currently in a book hangover...I can't find it in myself to pick up another book gah! Red Queen was great as well, I'm looking forward to reading Snow Like Ashes soon. I hope it lives up to the hype! Thanks for sharing these Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own three of these already so I know I'll have to bump them up on the to-read list. I seriously NEED Acotar in my life. Looks/sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eep! I haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things about Sarah J. Maas' books. I really have to get my hands on them! ^__^ A recent fantasy favorite of mine is The Young Elites by Marie Lu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Court Thorn Roses is my next read, it sounds amazing :) Great list!

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have to go out and buy my copy of Red Queen but I've heard so many good things that I know i'm going to absolutely love it. Love that you included the ToG series on here as a favourite, I don't know one person who doesn't absolutely love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am slowly starting to become a fantasy fan! Throne Of Glass being the main reason for that---that book was SO SO good! In fact I really need to read it again soon so I can read the next book. I am behind on the series. Going to have to check out the rest of these books. Especially the other one by Sarah J Mass. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Red Queen so badly, and possibly Throne of Glass, too. I love books with court politics and intrigue because they almost guarantee mysteries around every corner, and just general awesomeness. ACOTAR used to be on my to-read list because I've heard only good things about Sarah J. Maas's writing and I am SO obsessed with fairytale retellings. However, I've also heard it described as steamy-and I run away from steamy books. So unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'll get to it anytime soon. I LOVED Snow Like Ashes SO MUCH. I loved Meira, the worldbuilding, the plot twists, and the general uniqueness of Winter being good instead of evil. So much awesomeness packed into a gorgeous cover right there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read more fantasy! I have only recently gotten into it, and it is a bit hit or miss for me still. The good news is, with the exception of ACOTAR, I own every book on this list!! Yay!! Now, I need time. I did really enjoy Snow Like Ashes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read these but I so badly want to - they all sound so good! I'm hoping my local bookstore or library gets them in soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I listed almost everything on that list before I even read it! I am really looking forward to ACOTAR and I haven't read Kiss of Deception yet. I will have too soon because everyone seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eep! I haven't read any of these! But hopefully that will change with ACOTAR, and maaaaybe one day I'll read Kiss of Deception, Snow Like Ashes, and Red Queen. :P

    My favorites are the Lumatere Chronicles, Lunar Chronicles, Under the Never Sky...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine would definitely be Harry Potter and A Game of Thrones! Maybe even the Danish series called The Shamer's Daughter, and if it can be called fantasy, then The Golden Compass. (:

    - Love, Felici
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for Ice Like Fire to come out
    still haven't been introduced to Sarah J.Maas writing but I think I'll remedy to that soon

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)