January Wrap-Up & Bookish News

Yes, I know I am quite late to this. I vowed to start doing wrap-ups each month to organize and tidy-up each month of blogging. Here's some of the things I've done this month along with some recent bookish news.

In Bookish News:

Throne of Glass #4 is called QUEEN OF SHADOWS and I kind of love it. A lot. Apparently Queen of Shadows in 576 pages on Goodreads. I am sooo happy about that!!

Cover reveal -


Happy Book Birthday to City of Savages by Lee Kelly, Shutter by Courtney Alameda, and I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios! They are all such good books :)

Challenge Progress:
- TBR Pile 0/10
- Netgalley & Edelweiss 3/10-19
- Fairytale Retelling 2/5-9
- Flights of Fantasy 3/15
- 2015 Debut Challenge 2/15
- 105 Challenge 6/105
- Contemporary Challenge 2/6-10
- 365 Days of YA 5/10
- Discussion Challenge 2/24

What I Read:

I've had a pretty successful first month!! Only one of those books received a 3 star rating (the lowest of the group) while three got 5 stars!

My Top Posts:
Blog Tour - Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Why you must read the series)
Review - City of Savages by Lee Kelly
Discussion - Page Length
Personal - 2015 Goals & Resolutions

In My Life:

I've recently noticed how impersonal my blog is. You know a little bit about me and you certainly know about my bookish preferences, yet that seems to be it! So once a month, I'll tell you what's been going on in my life. I survived midterms week. Seven hellish midterms, and my grades were pretty good! Not much else has really happened. Or not that I can recall. I've been so sleep-deprived and stressed lately that I only really eat, sleep, read, blog or go on Twitter these days. I can't believe it's February already!

Now tell me about your month! What did you read or do, etc.?

11 comments:

  1. Oooo I spy A Court of Thorns and Roses :-) Cannot wait to read that one!
    Congratulations on your good midterm grades! Good luck catching up on sleep!

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving the cover of P.S. I Still Love You! I wasn't really a big fan of the first book but I still can't wait to read more of Lara Jean and Peter.

    Looks like you had a lovely January and I hope that you have a great February ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read I'll Meet You There and LOVED it. I have not read anything else by that author, but I will now for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous that you got to read A Court of Thorns and Roses, I can't wait for that one. And I really like Queen of Shadows for a book title as well, it already sounds totally awesome. And the cover for P.S. I Still Love You is gorgeous. So many good bookish news this month. Congratulations on your good grades! Happy February :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the title Queen of Shadows. It's perfect. Look at you, already 2 books for the fairytale retelling, that is great :D And wasn't A court of thorns and roses perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACOTAR!!! And damn, I really hope Queen of Shadows will be huge because I couldn't get enough of Heir of Fire!
    Yay for good grades!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous that you got to read ACOTAR! ;) I am so excited for it! And Queen of Shadows is an AMAZING name! I want it to be huge! Congrats on your good grades!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the Throne of Glass series, but it must feel awesome to know that the next book is going to be pretty long. I love when my favorite series has really long books because then I can just bask in the awesomeness of the storyworld for a longer amount of time. When I heard Winter was going to be 800 pages I nearly fell over with happiness. :) High five for midterm survivors. I just survived my first high school mid terms ever. The study sessions were brutal, but it payed off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of making your blog more personal! I've been thinking about this myself lately, and am thinking about adding posts that simply talk about my life, even if it's not exactly a bookish aspect about myself. Also, all your reads last month look amazing; I wish my month went as well! AND OMG QUEEN OF SHADOWS. I HAVE NO PATIENCE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seven midterms!? My goodness. I love that you will be sharing more with us too :)

    I haven't read 99 Days yet, but I need to pretty soon. Which was the lowest rated one? (I have a feeling I know!) And I NEED P.S. I Still Love You. Now. No, scratch that, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read The Glass Arrow! I've heard great things about it and it sounds awesome.
    The cover o P. S. I Still Love You is just as cute as the one of the first book!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)