Apollycon Recap


On Sunday, February 28th, I went to Apollycon which was in Philly! The event celebrated the release of Jennifer L. Armentrout's "The Return" with the help of 20 other authors (included Sarah J Maas and Alexandra Bracken!!) Spencer Hill Press (and specifically Damaris) organized the event. They did a superb job. It was so much fun; I met lots of great authors, got books signed, and saw lots of familiar bloggers and friends alike!

My friend Julia and I arrived around 12:30 for the signing. There were so many people there, it was kind of overwhelming. We were lugging our books around, and it was a bit crowded in the room. I got my books signed by Cristin Terrill, Kristi Cook, Alexandra Bracken, Wendy Higgins, Sophie Jordan, Jennifer L. Armentout, Sarah J Maas, and Susan Dennard. They were all so sweet, and it was lovely getting to meet them. I was a bit starstruck when I met Alex because she's one of my absolute favorites. Seing SJM the second time around was much less embarrassing and she was so sweet and kind AND SHE REMEMBERED ME. I might have internally fangirled. A lot. I waited in line to meet JLA for 3 hours. People had suitcases and carts to carry all of the books they needed her to sign. The girl in front of me had 32 JLA books for her to sign. I felt so bad for JLA, her hand must have hurt! "The Return" cover model was really funny and pretty cute. I also saw AlexaBettyRachel, Alex, and Jamie! It was lovely getting to talk to all of them and see them in person! I also hung out with Kelly and Nori, my awesome Twitter friends.

Alex Braceken photo photo 1 3_zpsm7xfilrn.jpgSusan Dennard photo photo 4 1_zpsljzzavej.jpgWendy Higgins photo photo 3 4_zpsjh7fxxy7.jpgSJM photo photo 2 3_zpspqbi6zcu.jpg photo photo 3 3_zpsgpoyuqoi.jpgAlex & Me photo photo 1 4_zps2gnz0tbr.jpg

That was my Apollycon experience! It was loads of fun, and I'd go next year if they decided to do it again. :)

14 comments:

  1. Ah, jealous!!! Poor JLA and her hand, haha!! How nice of her to sign suitcases full of books, though! That is so awesome you got to meet all those authors!!!! Omgsh, I would have died inside if SJM freakin' remembered me. That is soo amazing!! Also, how awesome you saw Alex there! I love her blog! (: Oh and man, the cover model for The Return is so cute. My brain probably would have turned to mush if I tried to talk to him! Lol! Thank you for sharing! This was an exciting post to read! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. She remembered you?? That's so awesome!! Oh wow suitcases full of books? Her poor hand! I'm so glad you had fun!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. 32 books! That's extremely excessive. There should be a limit. Just think of not only the poor author but everyone waiting while one person gets all them books signed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for an amazing experience at such a fun Con! Meeting authors and bloggers must be always the best part!!

    32 BOOKS?? Holy Crackers, poor JLA and her hand!! O_o

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWOOW. This is awesome, Rachel! Oh man, that's hilarious that the cover model was there. I wonder if he's read the book? And Alex Bracken is sooooo pretty (& nice). & so are you! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so fun! And it's awesome that Sarah J Maas remembered you; I'd be fangirling too! Glad you had fun, this sounds like a really cool event. :)

    I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award; it's totally fine if you aren't able to do it, just letting you know. :) http://myfullbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/2015/03/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I am a fool for not knowing that this event was in Philly. I am going to crawl into a hole and cry, because I did not meet you or the authors or anyone else.

    And WOW, being remembered is amazing! And impressive, because I don't remember people I have known for years, and I don't sign stuff for people every day. So yeah, she gets the MVP of memory award in my book. And um, 32 books!? Why!? That seems kind of mean. "Hi, you're my favorite author, so I am going to put you to work for the day and have you write ALL THE THINGS". Nope.

    If they do this again... well, I will find out and not miss it ;) Glad you had such a wonderful time!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  8. UGHH I hate you so muuuuch it's my dream to meet Sarah J Mass grrr HAHA Glad you enjoyed tho <3

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, I so wish we had events like that here. :) Because let's face it, Sarah J. Maas has the most beautiful hair and I want to see it in person. ;) Kidding aside (well she does have nice hair), it must have been an amazing experience for you meeting all these authors and fellow booknerds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got to meet Alexandra Bracken, I love her books! It sounds like you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'M SO JEALOUS. I so wish I could've gone to this! I really, really want to meet SJ Maas and Susan Dennard /cries I have a personalized signed Heir of Fire that a friend of mine got for me but I've never had the chance to meet her u_u I'm hoping that that changes someday soon!

    It sounds like you had an amazing time and I'm so glad. :P I think book cons are the coolest things because it's just a bunch of bookish people together, and there really isn't much better than that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I'm so jealous!! But aside from my jealousy, I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time!!! I hope to eventually get to one of these awesome events. Since I'm in CT, they are NEVER local. But I'm hoping to be able to make it to a NY one at some point, since that's not too, too far away. Love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha this sounds so cool! I would've loved to be there as well! Meeting all of those favourite authors of yours must've been lovely, and it's so cool that SJM remembered you! Glad to see you had fun ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)