Series Review ~ Addicted To You by Becca & Krista Ritchie


Series: Addicted
Genre: NA Contemporary
Page Length: 324 Pages
Publication Date: July 1st, 2015
Publisher: Self-Published
Source: Bought via iBooks
Goodreads

She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other. 
** Mature audience

Siiri and Sue are major fangirls over this series and urged me to read it. Thank you lovelies <33 When Addicted To You became free on iBooks, I snagged it. I started it that night and stayed up until 2 AM. The next day at school, I was reading during my classes, blatantly not paying attention. The book was completely beguiling; I was addicted. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the pages. Next thing I know it's been 10 days and I've read the 7 published books in the series. Oops? ;) 

There are so many aspects of this series that make it easily one of my favorites. I think the biggest would have to be the characters. Our main cast consists of Lily, Loren, Rose, Connor, Daisy, and Ryke. They're so complex and lovable and hilarious. I love the relationships between them. Lily, Rose, and Daisy have such a sweet sisterly bond. Connor and Loren have an epic bromance. The camaraderie is awesome, and the banter is priceless. They each are unique and bring something different to the group. 

I ship everyone in this series. Lilo, Coballoway, Raisy.... I love the dynamics within each couple. I love the cute moments that make me swoon. I love the h.o.t. moments that are just so darn sexy. I love the sad moments when it gets tough, but you just know they'll work it all out. I love the realism of this series. It's about people with flaws overcoming those flaws and trying to have some semblance of a normal life. 

The writing is so addictive. I couldn't stop reading; I didn't want to either! The Ritchie sisters incorporate lots of twists and turns. They build beautiful relationships and develop the plot and characters so well. The one thing I know for sure about the authors is that I can count on them to write a book packed full with emotions. These books make me feel EVERYTHING. 

This has been my first foray into NA, and I'm definitely hooked! I highly recommend this to readers who love sharp wit, hilarious banter, wonderful characters, and an addictive storyline.

11 comments:

  1. YAY<33 It makes me happy that you enjoyed this one! I really liked that is was a different form of NA without the repetitive drama, it actually has an amazing concept too. Fantastic breakdown Rachel<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read much NA but I'm really curious about this series. I love book with complex and flawed characters in them, because it makes the story seem much more real and easier to connect with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad you loved this series, Rachel. It's one of my favorite NA series and it's so much fun. I love the characters the best for sure and of course the SHIPS!! Just so you know, RYKE MEADOWS IS MINEEE!!
    LiLo has to be my favorite couple though. I'm very attached to them!
    Beautiful review, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RACHEL ILY FOR GIVING A CHANCE ON THIS SERIES AND I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED IT SO MUCH HIIIIIIII WE CAN WAIT TOGETHER FOR FTF NOW (so close; my babies are so close with their final povs EXCUSE ME WHILE I UGLY CRY AND SOB OUT OF JOY AT THE SAME TIME idk i'm just so emotional okay) AND AND ANNNNNNNNNND THE SHIPS AND THE BROMANCES AND THE SISTERHOOD AND THE REALISTIC ASPECT OF IT ALL AND THE PAIN OH GOD THE PAIN. YOU WROTE A PERFECT REVIEW AND YEAH. IM JUST GOING TO STOP NOW OR ELSE I'LL PASS OUT FROM ALL THE EXCITEMENT HEHEEE :')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I am so happy that you chose these authors as your first foray into NA, you could not picked anyone better :) I adore these series so I am glad you enjoyed them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that, initially, this one didn't appeal to me all that much. But then I read your review, and TA DA! I really want to give it a shot, now. Your review completely got my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when a series sucks me in like that. I'm gona have to check this books out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read these. I don't have much to say besides that. I've put them off for far to long, but I know that Siiri and anyone else who starts them becomes addicted. I think I'm just afraid I'm going to get too into them and not be able to function while I'm reading. But that's also part of the fun. What I'm most excited about is getting to know these characters. I love that the authors really dig into their lives and world. Great series review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! :) You can see my post here: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSS I love this series so much, I've been rationing it out slowly and gosh, it's torture! These books totally swept my heart away and i just love the complexity between the characters and the beautiful relationships they have. So glad to hear you enjoyed it Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coballoway it's my favorite <3 this saga is amazing, i read the first book because the plot sounds very different and intriguing and i glad i pick it soon, because the saga is amazing, very realistic, full of funny comments but a painful diseases, i just want meet Lily and hug her like baymax, she and Daisy need more love and least hate, poor babies u.u and Rose, she is my perfection, love the girls like her, i want be like her (When i was kid i watch Gone with the wind and since then i want be like Scarlet O'hara (least selfish and ambitious, maybe a mix between her and Melanie) And the guys :D Connor is my favorite too, i love knowledge and be smart and study it's very important to me (not only academy, meet new people, books, movies, travel trivial games, all are important, you learn from them)


    Almost here the new book :D

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)