A Court of Thorns and Roses Tour Launch + Recap

On Tuesday, May 5th I went to Sarah J Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses release day tour launch! As you may already know, I am a HUGE Sarah J Maas fan. I wouldn't dream of missing her release day launch.

Unfortunately two plans fell through for me to go to the event, but my superhero and blogger friend Kim from The Midnight Garden was the sweetest and gave me a ride.

We hit some traffic on the way there, but we got to see the end of Jamie's (from The Perpetual Page-Turner) moderation of the Q&A with Sarah J Maas. There was a huge turnout! Tons of fangirlish teenage girls were there as were many adults and bloggers I knew/recognized. I gave Damaris from Good Choice Reading a huge hug!

AND I got three Sarah hugs that night, and she recognized me AGAIN. And I've only met her three times. She's so sweet and awesome and I'm touched that she remembered me.

There weren't any seats left, so Kim and I gravitated towards the front and right side near an alcove of bookshelves. Jamie came over as did Nicole from The Quiet Concert. Nicole and I tweet often, and it was lovely getting to meet her in person! We had a lengthy conversation about various books, and she's quite awesome. We started talking to this guy who I quickly figured out was Mr. Maas! He was pretty cool and fun, and I spent most of my time talking with him, Jamie, Kim, Nicole, and her friend Alyssa while glancing over every so often at the loooong signing line. We chatted for around two hours until the signing line was empty.

I got more books signed (I now have 11 SJM books). I tracked down ARCs of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight before the event and got my hardcovers of Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses signed as well.


A photo posted by Rachel (@yaperfectionist) on

I had a lovely time at this event!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! And that was nice of Kim to give you a ride. People willing to give rides are the best; I'm always grateful to my mom for being willing to drop me off somewhere early in the morning. :D But I think she hates me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what an amazing experience Rachel, to meet other bloggers and Sarah J Maas the queen! How awesome she remembered you as well! Thanks for sharing your experience with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reminding me of this book because someone showed it to me the other day and I literally grabbed the book off her and was like, "let me read this" because I love Sarah J Mass' books so much. You're so lucky you got to meet her. It sounds like you had an amazing time, and it's so cool you got to talk to her husband for like 2 hours and that she recognised you. She's actually so pretty.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Rachel! You look beautiful! ♥ So glad to hear you had such an amazing time - especially since I know how much you adore Sarah's books. Thank you for sharing your recap and the wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for awesome bookish events! I'm so jealous Rachel, you've met Sarah 3 times?!?
    And YAY for meeting fellow bloggers! I think that might be my fave part of BEA, getting to meet all the awesome bookish peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that looks like fun!!!! I meet some bloggers here too but I'm kinda shy so I just smile and kinda act silly around them. I'm weird to be around with, but if ever you stop by the Philippines we must have lunch together! hehehe ;) I'm jealous that you've met Sarah huhu

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I wish I could've attended the tour, but there weren't any stops even remotely near where I live xD (this happens a lot, I think I'm going to move to Texas or New York /just/ for the book events. Like, seriously.)

    Such lovely pictures! You look beautiful :D We'll have to meet in person someday, if I ever get the chance to attend one of these book events~ ;)

    - Connie @ The YA Book Thief

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool that you got to meet Sarah J. Maas a third time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is that? I got to talk to Sarah for a few seconds (the time it took her to sign my book) twice at BEA and she's so nice. Loved this book!
    Jen at YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, this is so cute! And so exciting. She was about an hour away from me (which never happens! because no one ever comes here!) but I COULDN'T GO BECAUSE I HAD FINALS. :( So cool that you got to meet a bunch of bloggers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's awesome that you were still able to attend the event though your original plans didn't work out. I've never met Sarah J. Maas before, but she sounds like such a genuine, sweet person. I hope I'll be able to meet her one day!

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so awesome that you got to meet Sarah again! I've never meet Sarah J Maas before (because there's barely any book signings in Virginia) but she seems like such a down to earth & genuine person. I absolutely love her ToG series too :) That's really cool that you got to see & talk with all those bloggers too. Beautiful photos!

    ~Cari @ myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww sounds like you had a blast at the event, it was so sweet for her to still remember you. I'm surprised authors usually do because they're so busy - her genuine personality shows through though. Awesome pictures! <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)