Blog Tour ~ Hold Me Like A Breath


Hold Me Like a Breath (Once Upon a Crime Family #1) 
by Tiffany Schmidt 
Publisher: Bloomsbury 
Release Date: May 19th 2015 

Synopsis: Penelope Landlow has grown up with the knowledge that almost anything can be bought or sold—including body parts. She’s the daughter of one of the three crime families that control the black market for organ transplants. Penelope’s surrounded by all the suffocating privilege and protection her family can provide, but they can't protect her from the autoimmune disorder that causes her to bruise so easily. And in her family's line of work no one can be safe forever. All Penelope has ever wanted is freedom and independence. But when she’s caught in the crossfire as rival families scramble for prominence, she learns that her wishes come with casualties, that betrayal hurts worse than bruises, that love is a risk worth taking . . . and maybe she’s not as fragile as everyone thinks. 


Guest Post - The Writing Process


Hold Me Like a Breath is a huge departure from the contemporary coming of age books I’ve written in the past. Not that it’s not contemporary—it is—and it’s a coming of age story too. But apparently by adding in fairy tale elements, crime families, and organ trafficking, I added in a lot more doubt and anxiety.

Every book has it’s moments of difficulty, and every first draft has those spots of despair and I can’t do it, but Hold Me Like a Breath felt a lot like an anxiety attack shaped like a novel.

The writing process looked a lot like this:


And my super-patient critique partners saying this:


My amazing agent saying this:

My dear saintly husband saying this:


My toddler twins (the Schmidtlets) saying this:


My mother saying this:


And then me, apparently turning into a teenager again and saying:


Add in a lot of research, a lot of revising pens, a lot of revision snacking, even more mini- breakdowns, a whole lot of:


 and you’ve got the writing process for Hold Me Like a Breath.

When I turned it in, I celebrated for days. I’ve never been more relieved to hit THE END or more proud of something I created. I was convinced it would the hardest thing I’d ever write... And then I started the sequel.



ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Tiffany Schmidt lives in Pennsylvania with her saintly husband, impish twin boys, and a pair of mischievous puggles. She's not at all superstitious... at least that's what she tells herself every Friday the thirteenth.

SEND ME A SIGN is her first novel. BRIGHT BEFORE SUNRISE will follow in Winter, 2014. The ONCE UPON A CRIME FAMILY series begins with HOLD ME LIKE A BREATH in 2015. You can find out more about her and her books at: TiffanySchmidt.com, TiffanySchmidtWrites.Tumblr.com or by following her on Twitter @TiffanySchmidt.

AUTHOR LINKS:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't the biggest fan of this novel, but the cover is really stunning. Atleast we gave it a try :) Love the cutesey gifs <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to imagine the emotional toll it takes on authors, even for authors who have been through the process again and again. I haven't read this one yet, but just finished Bright Before Sunrise which was really lovely. She's an incredible author and her hardwork (and tears) certainly show. I'll have to grab a copy of this one Thanks for sharing Rach, I love author interviews and guest posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this review! It sounds awesome! I hope it does great:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is so perfect and the premise sound so good! And it's released today so I better go get my copy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I love gif-incorporated posts! :P I actually have Hold Me Like a Breath on my Kindle thanks to Netgalley and I've been meaning to get to it... but you understand the struggle, right? :) I know that it'll be coming up very, very soon once I get all of my eARCs organized, haha. Organ trafficking, fairy tale elements? This all sounds for me!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)