Today I'm here with the blog tour for Anna Banks new book, Joyride!
Today Anna shares the top five reasons to live in the South.
You can also win a copy of her book!
Top Five Reasons to Live in the South
JOYRIDE has a setting in the south; the panhandle of Florida around the Destin area, which happens to be where I live, too. In the book, Carly and Arden enjoy the laid-back atmosphere and the predictability of a sleepy, small town—which happens to be prime pranking real estate. If you’re wondering what keeps me tucked away here, wonder no more:
- We have sweet tea, ya’ll. I didn’t travel a lot before I went on book tour with Of Poseidon. So when we ventured to the northern states on tour, and I asked for sweet tea, the servers looked at me as if I’d asked for an appetizer of fried kittens. But in the south? That’s the most ordered drink here. And the best sweet tea is found in little hole-in-the-wall restaurants where they add enough sugar to make it chewy. Yum!
- Everyone knows everyone. For. Real. The people at the bank, the post office, and the grocery store know your name. Chances are, you’re related to a few of them and don’t even realize it. If you write bad checks? Everyone knows. If you’re ordering naughty things on the internet? Everyone knows. If you’re juicing and have constant diarrhea? Yep, they know. But if you’re in need of something, or down on your luck, everyone knows—and they pitch in to help.
- The beautiful beaches. At least, in this area. Don’t believe me? Here is a pic. Now run along and be jealous.
- The food. Fried chicken. Fried green tomatoes. Fried Twinkies. Yep, you heard me. We’ll fry anything and you’re invited. You especially want to live here if you’re a cardiologist; business is booming.
- You’ll survive the zombie apocalypse here. Plenty of fields to escape through. Plenty of wild game to live off. Most places are miles away from civilization—and potential walkers. And the creeks here are still clean and clear. Better pack your bags.
About The Author
Visit Anna’s website and follow her on Twitter!
Thanks to Macmillan for hosting this tour and giveaway! And thanks to Anna for her lovely post <3
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow the tour:
May 7- The Reader Bee