#MeetTheNewbs ~Stefanie Lyons Author of Dating Down (Guest Post)


Meet The Newbies is a blog event co-hosted by Dana @DanaSquare and I, in which we introduce you to all of the new kids in school, the 2015 debut authors!

Meet Stefani Lyons:

Stefanie Lyons holds an MFA from Vermont College of Fine Arts. When she’s not writing, she’s organizing her locker, crushing on boys, practicing her clarinet, or getting ready for prom. In her head, that is. Because her teen years were great. Stefanie resides in Chicago. Dating Down is her first novel.


Meet Her Debut Novel:

When a good girl falls for a bad boy

She thought she loved him. She thought she could change him. She thought if she just believed in him enough, his cheating and his drugs and his lying would stop, and she'd be his and he'd be hers and they'd love each other forever.

But for Samantha Henderson, X-the boy she will not name-is trouble. He's older, edgier, bohemian . . . and when he starts paying attention to Sam, she can't resist him. Samantha's family and friends try to warn her, but still she stays with him, risking her future and everything that really matters.

As moody and vivid as it is captivating, Dating Down is told in scenes and bursts of poetry that create a story filled with hurt, healing, and hope.




I'm so excited to read her book! Today Stefanie shares ten confessions!


Guest Post:


It’s come to my attention that I can be a bit open. Apparently, I’m not afraid to share embarrassing things about myself. So in honor of the Full Disclosure Act of the #MeetTheNewbies Clause ‘15, I give you:


Ten Confessions of a YA Author


  1. I love to write in bed. Under covers.
  2. I collect wall clocks. That don’t work. Timelessness comforts me.
  3. I was a teen in the 80s and thus a huge fan of leg warmers. And banana clips. Okay, I still own a pair of leg warmers. Don’t judge me.
  4. Purple is a fave color. My childhood bedroom had purple wallpaper, curtains, bedspread, and purple carpeting that is still there to this day.
  5. There’s a soft spot in my heart for karaoke. And microphones.
  6. I name my plants. Currently living with me are Walter, Suzette, Suzette Jr., Terry, Lippy, and Fiddle Faddle.
  7. Twizzlers with a side of Hint of Lime Tostitos would be my final meal.
  8. As a preteen, I fervently believed in the power of chanting Judy Blume’s, I must. I must. I must increase my bust! (It didn’t work.)
  9. I trimmed Christmas trees and weighed wheat trucks as summer jobs in high school.
  10. I have been to North Korea.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Other #MeetTheNewbs Posts & Giveaways:

3 comments:

  1. You're doing such a lovely job with this feature! It's exciting to "meet" so many newbie authors and to know what debut books are out there.
    I love these ten confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY FOR KARAOKE! Every time I meet someone with the same love of singing songs, I do a victory dance and scream, "I'VE FOUND A KINDRED SPIRIIIT!" Haha.

    It's actually interesting to know this is in the form of poetry! I recently read 5 to 1 and half of that book is in verse and I've found a great appreciation for verse books because of that. I'd give this one a try and hope that it will have the same effect on me~ I find that a story told in verse/poems is equally, if not, more powerful - because it gets the message across with less words, but with more purpose in each line.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories with bad boys on it!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)