AEITA ~ Fandom Name & Gif-y Review


For those of you who don't know, Sabaa Tahir's New York Times Best-Selling novel, An Ember in the Ashes, where have you been?! Haha just kidding. This book is an epic fantasy novel that has similiarities to Ancient Rome. This book is pretty intense, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You can read my review here.
Penguin is launching a campaign for AEITA and the first post has to do with fandom-naming. What should we call Ember fans?! 

I honestly have no idea, but Penguin Teen has some great ideas (and you can vote) here!

I think my favorite option is THE EMBERLINGS or maybe The Aspirants. I don't know, your thoughts?


AEITA ~ Gif-y Review

Chapter 5

Yikes, I would NOT want to live in the Empire...


 Chapter 11

Ooh this should be fun.


Pg 116 

Geez, crazy Commandant!


Chapter 14

Oh this'll be good. 


Pg 152

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Pg 215 

RUN!!!!!


Pg 267

Awww everything was going so well.


Pg 327

They're adorable. I love it! This romance is a mess though.


Pp 337

THIS IS SO MESSED UP. WTF.

Pg 386

Nooooo, that's horrible!! 


Pg 432 

That's what I'm talking about!!


Final thoughts:


About the Book:

Series: THANKS RAZORBILL! 
Genre: YA High Fantasy
Page Length:  443 Pages
Publication Date: April 28th, 2015
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: ARC via publisher (thanks Razorbill!)
Goodreads
Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.



7 comments:

  1. Personally I like the name The Aspirants :D

    I admire your use of gifs. This is pretty much me as I was reading, except I have to admit I wasn't enamoured with the romance. Everything else was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the gifs! I didn't like the book as much as you did, but gah your use of gifs is pretty much accurate for everyone who did :) Also, I wasn't even shipping the canon ship which is pretty normal except all my thoughts about the book would change if only everyone jumped aboard the K&L ship (I hope you got whom I'm talking about :p) Also, I voted for Emberlings because it sounds fantastic ;)

    Rhea @ Rhea's Neon Joural

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great review and I love these GIF's. This one is on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I totally agree with all of these gifs! I'm actually currently reading AEITA RIGHT NOW and am loving it. I'm sure that it totally goes better with a gif review since THE FEELS and THE ACTION. I love how Tahir doesn't use romance as her ultimate weapon to captivate readers! (Not every YA fantasy needs a ToG like situation!) Lovely choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So.. this is awkward. I actually didn't like this book. And wait, wait, before you throw tomatoes at me, I liked Sabaa's writing. That counts for something, right? :P And yay! I love the gifs! I might still some of them =))

    ReplyDelete
  6. AEITA is a good name ;D I was thinking Sabaa's Aspirants, and Aspirants is really good. I vote that one. Fantastic post, Rachel!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Emberlings one myself. Because I call it Ember when referring to it quickly, so... it makes sense! I am kind of bummed I didn't have time to post this particular week, BUT next week I have thoughts! Because I actually had this full blown conversation with Holly WHILE waiting for the sequel announcement ;)

    LOVE the gifs!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)