Blog Tour ~ The Night We Said Yes


The Night We Said Yes
by Lauren Gibaldi
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: June 16th 2015

Synopsis:

A fun, romantic read, perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Susane Colasanti!

Before Matt, Ella had a plan. Get over a no-good ex-boyfriend. Graduate from high school without any more distractions. Move away from Orlando, Florida, where she’s lived her entire life.

But Matt—the cute, shy, bespectacled bass player who just moved to town—was never part of that plan.

And neither was attending a party that was crashed by the cops just minutes after they arrived. Or spending an entire night saying “yes” to every crazy, fun thing they could think of.

Then Matt abruptly left town, and he broke not only Ella’s heart but those of their best friends, too. So when he shows up a year later with a plan of his own—to relive the night that brought them together—Ella isn’t sure whether Matt’s worth a second chance. Or if re-creating the past can help them create a different future.

In alternating then and now chapters, debut author Lauren Gibaldi crafts a charming, romantic story of first loves, lifelong friendships, uncovered secrets, and, ultimately, finding out how to be brave.

Buy Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | iTunes | Kobo
I honestly had no idea what to expect when I opened this book. I knew it would be a fun contemporary beach read, but I had no idea of the depth it possessed. There are so many fantastic elements of The Night We Said Yes that will make you say YES to this book.

I love the endearing cast of characters. Ella's timid, smart and fun! I loved the dynamic between her and her other friends. Meg and Ella have a great friendship. I love how Jake is the free-spirited rocker who seems not to have a care in the world, yet he's Ella's protector. Matt is such an interesting and complex character. He's shy and insecure, he's sweet and wonderful!

TNWSY is told from alternating points of view, Ella from one year ago when she first met Matt, and Ella in the present when Matt returns after cutting all contact with his friends and leaving six months ago. I was skeptical that this would flow and work well, but I was pleasantly surprised. I love how the Then and Now parallels one another. I love the fun nature of the night we said yes game! The care-free and daring fun that they had made me smile throughout. It's a splash unrealistic, but I was thoroughly beguiled by this book and the premise and the characters and the romance.

Oh the romance! Matt and Ella have an instant connection. They understand each other so well. They complement each other and really push each other to get out of their comfort zones and take a chance, do what you've always wanted to do yet were too scared to do before. I loved their romance and the chemistry between them. I was rooting for them the whole time.

Overall this book was highly enjoyable and profound in ways I never imagined it would be. It's the perfect beach read too!

Favorite Quotes

“It was my favorite part of the night - when the evening's events were still unknown and unpredictable. It was the sense of possibility that I loved, the idea that anything could happen next.” 

"It's as if he wants his look to convey an inner meaning his words won't allow. And when my heart flips, stupidly I want his look to say I'm back for you, this whole year was a mess let's run away together and never look back. But I can't want that. I can't allow myself to get hopeful again, not after what he did. I hated him once - I have to remember that, and not the way his lips felt on mine.” 


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


Public librarian and author of THE NIGHT WE SAID YES (HarperCollins / HarperTeen,) and MATT'S STORY (a The Night We Said Yes Novella, out August 2015). Fan of dinosaurs and cheesy jokes. And you.







AUTHOR LINKS:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

  1. ASDFJ; this book was incredibly adorable, right? I can't believe it's going to be released tomorrow! I'm so excited because even if I have read the ARC, I kind of want to buy a physical copy for myself in case I want to re-read it. I love the chemistry between Ella and Matt! I love Matt, too haha! :) He was so awkward and cute, which is something I barely see in a YA novel. This IS a really good beach read! Glad to hear you really liked this one as well :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically agree with everything in your review, Rachel! I loved the characters so much and also the friendships and the romance. I can't wait to read more from this author. :)
    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that this novel has depth! There are too many contemporary romances that don't, which may be part of why I'm not always in the mood to read them. Love that the romance in this one is great - I'll have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one and I really like the cover! Great, review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on this novel, I feel like it's been on my TBR for ages. Also, the romance sounds soo amazing! Your review made me even more excited to read this! Lovely review, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see your high rating! I'm really looking forward to reading this one - it sounds like something I will just adore.
    Great review, lady!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)