Cinderella Book Tag


Amber @ YA Indulgences tagged me for the Cinderella Book Tag! 
This looks like such fun :D 

Evil Stepsisters

A book with characters you hate


All the characters in Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols are soooo annoying. They're childish and annoying and whiny. I wanted to DNF this one so bad! 

Prince Charming

A book with a gentleman


Maxon Schreave from The Selection is a total gentleman. He is sooo swoony and polite!

Cinderella

A character who is graceful, kind, and defiant


Johanna from The Storyspinner is a performer who has lots of grace and finesse. She's so kind to everyone yet has a defiant streak! She'll break the rules and do anything to protect her family and stand up against those who do wrong.

Fairy Godmother

A character who always has someone looking out for him/her


Clary Fray from City of Bones is always getting in trouble. She would have died so many times without Jace and crew saving her and providing back up when she needs it (which is usually always)

Helpful Creatures

Something that makes you happy when you're sad


Bookmail always cheers me up when I'm sad!! Also Netflix tv shows & rereading my favorite books.

Ashes

A book you didn't care for


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart wasn't as good as all the hype made it out to be. It was just really underwhelming.

Pumpkin

A character with a transformation


Literally everyone in Heir of Fire goes through an epic transformation! Celaena regains her confidence. Chaol determines where his loyalties rest. Dorian deals with the revelations from book #2 and confronts his father. I'm so proud of my babies!! <3 

Impossible

A book with an ending you didn't see coming


The ending for Red Queen was so unexpected and intense. Literally best ending EVER! 

Just Breathe

Something that inspires you to be courageous 


The characters in The Night We Said Yes push each other to do things they've always dreamed of doing but never dared to try. Once they did them, they realized how happy they were to have tried it. Watching them go through these experiences and revelations makes me want to stand up for my dreams and try them too! :)

Happily Ever After

A book with a perfect ending


This one easily goes to Clockwork Princess! The ending was utter perfection.

I tag everyone and anyone who wants to do this. And that was the Cinderella Book Tag! 

19 comments:

  1. Awesome, Rachel! I still have to read most of the books you mentioned, but it was great seeing your picks for the tag nonetheless :) I'll definitely have to give this tag a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!! I enjoyed reading it. I haven't heard of the Cinderella Book Tag... I like how this book tag makes for a very creative way to make a post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I want to do this tag! I think I might do it this weekend if I have some time.
    I love that you chose Johanna for Cinderella. She was such a sweetheart and she was feisty at that. I just adore that girl.
    And yes!! The ending of Red Queen. I'm still not over it.
    I agree with We Were Liars. The book was so hyped. I didn't enjoy it very much at all.
    Great post, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute tag! I have to agree with you about We Were Liars. I found the writing style really annoying and it really took much out of the enjoyment of the book.

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of agree with you about We Were Liars. I did enjoy it, but it wasn't this amazing book that people were making it out to be,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! This is such an adorable tag! I totally agree with CLOCKWORK PRINCESS! Agh, that was just stellar. Haha, book mail is the best present in the world, and I wouldn't ask for anything more than a surprise box in the mail! Yeah, I didn't see what everyone meant with We Were Liars being great either. I would like to see a movie, though! Perfect choices! (GO HEIR OF FIRE WITH ITS TRANSFORMATIONS!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so much fun, Rachel! The Storyspinner has been on TBR pile for a long time...it's definitely getting pushed up on the reading list now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I totally agree with Red Queen. I'm one for predicting books, but I NEVER saw Red Queen's ending. In my book, it's an instant winner.

    Clockwork Princess was adorable. I hate saying this... but I nearly cried.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maxon Schreave is the epitome of Prince Charming for sure (▰˘◡˘▰) and loool Clary is always jumping headfirst into danger till the very end. She's so lucky she got Simon and everyone to catch her if she falls. Clockwork Princess' ending warmed my heart so much but also made me so sad for Jem but also happy. I still don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh yes Maxon is the perfect gentleman! And the fact that America is so fiery makes their conversations hilarious :D

    I loved loved loved Heir of Fire! When you reread all the books that have been released from The Assassin's Blade to Heir of Fire, you really see how much Celaena and all the other characters have changed! I'm so excited for Queen of Shadows to see where it takes us!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eep! Red Queen!! YES!! That ending really rocked! And just being reminded of Clockwork Princess makes me want to cry again. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been thinking about doing this tag for a while, it's so cute. Thankfully, I can always always count on you to tag everyone. :)
    Maxon is the first character who comes to my mind when I need to pick a true gentleman. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I can name any more, but even if I could, they'd be nothing like Maxon.
    I'm sad you didn't like We Were Liars but it's definitely not for everyone.
    Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun!

    I read Echol's Most Likely to Succeed and I really enjoyed that one. Maybe I'll stay away from that one, then.

    I've always found Maxon to be kind of pretentious [even his name lol] but I'm glad he isn't a jerk.

    OH MY GOD RED QUEEN. I NEED THE NEXT ONE. MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that is adorable!!! I've never seen this tag before, but it looks so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bookmail and netflix are definitely two comforting things I love to come back to! My sister just finished The Selection and The Elite and has been raving on about how good they are so I think I'm going to have to read them, plus I love a good gentleman as a love interest. Thanks for sharing Rachel, what a great tag :)

    Eugenia @ Genie In A Book

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh, I can't wait to read The Storyspinner and meet its graceful, kind, and defiant heroine! She sounds like such a swell girl I'd have fun reading about. I don't think I've seen a negative review about it yet and I've seen it a handful of times in some TTT lists this week.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh, so many of these books I haven't read! But I love your choice for Johanna - she is so loyal and caring, but also resilient and clever. Can't wait for book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute tag! And I totally agree, Red Queen had a twist I did NOT see coming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhh, I still need to read The Storyspinner and Red Queen! I've heard such great things about both books. And haha, Clary definitely had a "godmother" to watch out for her. She was always finding trouble. And omg I SO agree with you on the Clockwork Princess ending. I know people who hated it, but I found that it perfectly fit the books and its characters. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)