Meet The Newbies is a blog event co-hosted by Dana @DanaSquare and I, in which we introduce you to all of the new kids in school, the 2015 debut authors!
Meet Sharon Huss Roat:
Meet Her Debut Novel:
On sale: June 16, 2015
ISBN (Hardcover): 978-0-06-229172-1
ISBN (e-book): 978-0-06-22914-5
And it isn’t pretty.
Ivy is forced to move with her family out of their affluent neighborhood to Lakeside, also known as “the wrong side of the tracks.” Hiding the truth from her friends—and the cute new guy in school, who may have secrets of his own—seems like a good idea at first. But when a bad boy next door threatens to ruin everything, Ivy’s carefully crafted lies begin to unravel . . . and there is no way to stop them.
As things get to the breaking point, Ivy turns to her music, some unlikely new friends, and the trusting heart of her disabled little brother. She may be surprised that not everyone is who she thought they were . . . including herself.
Debut author Sharon Huss Roat crafts a charming and timely story of what happens when life as you know it flips completely upside down.
Guest Post ~ Two Truths & A Lie:
About me (or not!):
1) I am an excellent speller
2) I never took a creative writing class
3) I got a perfect score for verbal on my SATs
Answer: * highlight * * #3 is a lie. I did okay but nowhere near perfect! *
1) I still hold the record for high jump at my high school
2) I have bungee jumped off three bridges and in two redwood forests
3) I once leapt from the stage in the middle of a clarinet solo
Answer: * highlight * * #2 is a lie. Never have. Never will! *
1) I have never read the Harry Potter series
2) My favorite book in high school was Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith
3) I have read Jane Eyre six times and watched every Jane Eyre movie ever made
Answer: * highlight * * #1 is a big, fat lie. I’ve read all the HP books many times! *
About Ivy, the main character in Between the Notes:
1) Ivy ends up with the sweet, sensitive, mysterious boy
2) Ivy ends up with the smart, sexy, misunderstood boy
3) Ivy ends up with neither boy
Answer: * highlight * * You thought I’d tell? Hah! Read the book to find out! *
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Remember to mark down on your calendar that today, June 20th @ 4pm EST the second Meet The Newbies twitter chat is taking place using the hashtag #MTN2015
Other #MeetTheNewbs Posts & Giveaways: