The marvelous Mishma tagged me to do The Ultimate Book Tag! This should be fun :)
1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Sometimes I do get a bit nauseous, but I always stick through it so I can continue reading!!
2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
The second I cracked open The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, I knew it was going to be something special. Maggie's writing style is unlike anything I've ever read. It's quirky and elusive. There's a spark to it. She employs so many advanced writing techniques that we've discussed in English class. Her writing is both sophisticated and completely absorbing.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Ummm... what type of question is this?! HARRY POTTER
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No, I don't carry a book bag. I have a few bookish totes I like to display in my room though...
5. Do you smell your books?
Haha no, I'm not about that ;)
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without, they're nice but a total distraction!
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I read this book last summer and really enjoyed it! I read it again recently and was shocked by how much the writing made me cringe now...
8. Do you have any stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Nothing in particular, but I read a lot of the popular elementary series like Magic Treehouse, Junie B Jones, A to Z Mysteries, etc...
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
This is the first one that came to mind. 288 pages I think!
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Probably this one...
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
As of right now I'm just a reader. I've always fantasized about being an author/writer but I just don't see it happening. I think I'd enjoy doing it, but I really love business above all else!
12. When did you get into reading?
I've had a love/hate relationship for so long now. I was a voracious reader back in elementary school and that tapered off when I reached middle school. Then in the summer after 7th grade I read and fell in love with The Hunger Games. I hesitantly started reading again, and then in the summer after 8th grade I read City of Bones which really re-ignited my love of reading. That was July 1st, 2012. Ever since then I haven't been able to put down books.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don't read as many classics as I'd like... I'd like to fix that!! My all-time favorite is definitely
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE <3
14. In school what was your best subject?
I honestly have no idea... Maybe language? I'm learning French and Mandarin.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I'd give it away!
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
An Ember in the Ashes reminds me of The Hunger Games a bit. Both are harshly ruled by an oppressive government. There's obvious status and class distinctions. The Trials are a bit similar to the Hunger Games. And the romances of both books are in quite the tangle.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Procrastinating from blogging! And slacking off on commenting back.
18. What is your favorite word?
It's a tie. And I'm sure you could guess!
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Is it sad that I don't know the distinction? xD So I guess I can't answer that...
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires are mean and we know it. Fairies are more tricky and pretend to be nice, yet they're just as (if not more) mean. Never trust a fairy.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I feel like angels would be shining too brightly, and I wouldn't be able to see them! Whereas shapeshifters I could see, and it would be fascinating to see their abilities in action.
22.Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves because they are stunningly attractive Taylor Lautners, right?
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
I love the tv show iZombie, so I'd have to say zombies.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Oh geez, they both annoy the heck out of me because so much time is spent fretting over the romance and less time is spent on the actual plot. Forbidden love because it's less frustrating.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Oh dear.... I plead the fifth!! I know some AMAZING romance-driven books, yet there are wonderful romance-light books.
That was fun!! I tag everyone and anyone who wants to do the tag :)