The Ultimate Book Tag


The marvelous Mishma tagged me to do The Ultimate Book Tag! This should be fun :) 

1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?

Sometimes I do get a bit nauseous, but I always stick through it so I can continue reading!! 


2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?


The second I cracked open The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, I knew it was going to be something special. Maggie's writing style is unlike anything I've ever read. It's quirky and elusive. There's a spark to it. She employs so many advanced writing techniques that we've discussed in English class. Her writing is both sophisticated and completely absorbing.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Ummm... what type of question is this?! HARRY POTTER


-Imaginative world
-Stellar writing
-Great themes

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?

No, I don't carry a book bag. I have a few bookish totes I like to display in my room though...

5. Do you smell your books?

Haha no, I'm not about that ;) 

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

Without, they're nice but a total distraction!


7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?


I read this book last summer and really enjoyed it! I read it again recently and was shocked by how much the writing made me cringe now...

8. Do you have any stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Nothing in particular, but I read a lot of the popular elementary series like Magic Treehouse, Junie B Jones, A to Z Mysteries, etc...

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?


This is the first one that came to mind. 288 pages I think!

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

Probably this one... 


11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

As of right now I'm just a reader. I've always fantasized about being an author/writer but I just don't see it happening. I think I'd enjoy doing it, but I really love business above all else! 

12. When did you get into reading?

I've had a love/hate relationship for so long now. I was a voracious reader back in elementary school and that tapered off when I reached middle school. Then in the summer after 7th grade I read and fell in love with The Hunger Games. I hesitantly started reading again, and then in the summer after 8th grade I read City of Bones which really re-ignited my love of reading. That was July 1st, 2012. Ever since then I haven't been able to put down books.


13. What is your favorite classic book?

I don't read as many classics as I'd like... I'd like to fix that!! My all-time favorite is definitely
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE <3 


14. In school what was your best subject?

I honestly have no idea... Maybe language? I'm learning French and Mandarin.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?

I'd give it away! 

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?


An Ember in the Ashes reminds me of The Hunger Games a bit. Both are harshly ruled by an oppressive government. There's obvious status and class distinctions. The Trials are a bit similar to the Hunger Games. And the romances of both books are in quite the tangle.

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?

Procrastinating from blogging! And slacking off on commenting back. 


18. What is your favorite word?

It's a tie. And I'm sure you could guess! 

and

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

Is it sad that I don't know the distinction? xD So I guess I can't answer that...

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?

Vampires are mean and we know it. Fairies are more tricky and pretend to be nice, yet they're just as (if not more) mean. Never trust a fairy. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

I feel like angels would be shining too brightly, and I wouldn't be able to see them! Whereas shapeshifters I could see, and it would be fascinating to see their abilities in action.

22.Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Werewolves because they are stunningly attractive Taylor Lautners, right?


23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?

I love the tv show iZombie, so I'd have to say zombies. 


24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?

Oh geez, they both annoy the heck out of me because so much time is spent fretting over the romance and less time is spent on the actual plot. Forbidden love because it's less frustrating.

25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Oh dear.... I plead the fifth!! I know some AMAZING romance-driven books, yet there are wonderful romance-light books. 

That was fun!! I tag everyone and anyone who wants to do the tag :)

14 comments:

  1. I used to love The Magic Treehouse series! I wished everyday that a treehouse like that would actually be real haha! Pride and Prejudice is definitely my favourite classic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is cool! The thickest book on my shelf is probably Heir of Fire too. It beat out Gone With the Wind, and that's really saying something lol. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Ember in the Ashes is getting a lot of hype right now. . .I'm kinda nervous starting that series. I'm reading Heir of Fire right now and have to wait a bit before I can continue reading because it's just so good! I like Forbidden Love and love triangles hehe. Wow! You've been reading for a long time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag, it really covers every single bookish aspect! Maggie Stiefvater's writing in The Raven Cycle was so unique and detailed that I felt like I knew the characters so much in just a few chapters. I don't know what she did or how but it was amazing.

    Magic Treehouse and JUnie B. Jones were my entire childhood, I think I devoured every single one of those books ever since grade 1 0_0

    Procrastination is my slow poison too. I don't think it's laziness that's delaying us, I think we just have way too many thoughts whirring around in our heads haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this is so cute! I love your answers. Great favorite words, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so cute! We may have to do this, because we loved all of the questions. Great post! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tag! I loved all of these questions! Before I even read your answer to question two, Maggie Stiefvater immediately popped into my head. Her writing style is definitely unique and so distinctly her own. And don't worry, you're not alone - I had no idea there was a difference between nerd, dork, and dweeb either. =)

    - Jazzie @ The Book Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love the GIFs you used :P Also, Pride and Prejudice is my #1 classical novel ever! I tried reading other Jane Austen novels, but I currently DNFed the book Emma because to me, it wasn't as good as Pride and Prejudice. WEREWOLVES <3 (And oh gosh, thanks a million for sharing that Taylor Lautner photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun tag - I love these questions! I think I might have to do this one if I find the time. :D
    Pride and Prejudice!!! I need to do a re-read of that. It's my favorite too. :)
    Girl - you don't smell your books?! I can't help it haha.
    Agreed about Magige Stiefvater! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who hasn't fallen victim to procrastination? LOL :D I haven't read Pride and Prejudice yet; I've only watched the movie. And I'm totally with you on #21. Shapeshifters ftw! :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, you don't sniff books?! RACHEL. You're missing out!! XD Okay, but I don't actively sniff books, it's just if one happens to land on my face (as books do) they smell wonderful. And Maggie Stiefvater though. afjdksal her writing will always be my favourite and I've NEVER seen anyone write anything like her (or anywhere near as beautiful *happy sigh*) I hope she never stops writing. xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE fairies because they're so dangerous! Beautiful, but dangerous!

    And DUH Harry Potter! HOW IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I agree with so many of your answers. I definitely think Maggie's writing is unique. I didn't love it for The Wolves of Mercy Falls series, but The Raven Boys series is SO good. I love how not only the personality she puts into her stories, but the fact that they're all so connected and in your face. You can almost feel her playing with your mind as you read!

    And wow, as much as I can understand some people loving Twilight for getting them into YA, I can't imagine anyone ever actually choosing that over HP, unless they haven't read HP. I mean, really? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, confession, I tried to read Shiver but couldn't finish it, but The Raven Boys? Hell yes, that's the one that made me fall in love with her writing, so I may have to retry Shiver (I mean, this was back in my, uhm, Twilight days after all.) and ha! Definitely, what kind of question is that? Harry Potter all the way.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)