AEITA ~ Character Love & Social Media


I really love the characters in AEITA! Here's quick description of the three main characters and what types of social media I think they'd have.

Elias - Elias values honor and doing the right thing. He secretly disagrees with the way things are done in the Empire. He's tall, dark, and handsome. ;) Quite a badass, he could do some serious damage. His perseverance and loyalty to his friend Helene are admirable.

Elias would tweet links to his YouTube workout videos. He'd probably have an Instagram showing his healthy foods that keep his body ripped! 

Helene - She's a star student at the Academy and one of the few girls there. Her fierce nature and obedience makes her a dangerous weapon in the Empire world. Do not cross her.

Helene would have a Vine account where she'd post videos showing off her skills to everyone. She might even do some how-to videos like "how to incapacitate someone in 5 seconds." 

Laia - She's lost nearly everyone she loves, and it takes lots of courage and bravery for her to risk everything to save her brother. She puts herself in danger often and does daring things to right her wrongs and save those she cares for. 

Laia would have a Facebook, so she could keep tabs on her friends and see what they're up to. Her Pinterest would be of herbs and medicine. 

About the Book:

Series: THANKS RAZORBILL! 
Genre: YA High Fantasy
Page Length: 443 Pages
Publication Date: April 28th, 2015
Publisher: Razorbill
Goodreads
Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.



8 comments:

  1. This is such a clever concept! I haven't read An Ember in the Ashes yet, but I've heard great things about it and want to get to it ASAP. :)

    Annie @ Indoor Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post Rachel! I laughed so much at Elias being one of those typical buff guys and sharing his healthy food lol. I could definitely see Helen doing that and Laia as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book yet but I'm dying too! It sounds so good and this was a great idea! :D
    Carrie @The Book Goddess
    http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, clever cookie. I think you've nailed what each character really embodies too. I can imagine how popular Elias's instructional videos would be :D

    Thanks for sharing Rach <3 super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like Elias would be too cool for social media! Love this idea Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed it, Rachel! I can definitely see Helen doing something like that and Elias would probably be one of those top 5 youtubers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post idea! And hahaha I would definitely watch Elias's workout videos XD Great job matching up the characters to social media accounts :D This will be fun to try with some other books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I could just imagine me non stop refreshing my insta feed if I was following Elias.... Helene's vine would be so awesome too!!! I'd watch out for her. She'd be really scary. lol Imagine the Commandants social media though? She'd probably have a snapchat where you shows all her torture weapons.... :)) I'm so excited for the second book! Love this book so so much. Love your blog!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)