AEITA ~ eHarmony Profiles


The romance in An Ember in the Ashes is quite frankly a mess. It's a tangled web that needs its own flow chart to make sense of. But what are each of our characters looking for? Today I share some eHarmony questions and answers from Elias, Helen, Laia, and Keenan.

Laia

What are your three BEST life skills?
-My empathy. I try to understand things from other people's point of view, and I usually end up feeling it too. 
-Decision-making. I am very decisive, and once I make a decision I will stand by it. There's no going back.
-My ability to cope with loss. I've lost so many people in my life. My parents, my sister, my grandparents, and now my brother. I know how to stay strong in times like these and not shutdown. I allow myself to mourn, but I don't let it endanger my goals and my life.

What’s the most important thing you’re looking for in another person? 
I'm looking for someone who will always be loyal to me. I want to be with someone who is tender and caring but is also emotionally strong. Life is tough, and I can't latch myself to someone who doesn't have what it takes to survive the Empire. 

Describe your ideal date
Oh nothing too fancy. Maybe a trip to the market or a nice quiet dinner at home. It doesn't have to be anything too big, I just want to talk and get to know the person. 

Elias


What are the 3 things for which you are most thankful? 
I am most thankful for my grandfather who was kind enough to raise me when my mother neglected to do so. I am thankful for my best friend Helen who makes me smile on a daily basis and is a constant wave of support. I am thankful for the Academy because it's my home, and I've made so many friends

What is the one dream for your life you most look forward to achieving? 
I look forward to getting out of this place and travelling as far away from the Empire as possible. I don't agree with the brutality here, and these people are crazy! 

Describe your ideal date
I think it would be fun to go to a festival or party of some sort and just talk and hang out. I do like dancing... Spending time somewhere in the wildness would be fun too, camping perhaps or just sitting near a bonfire. Something peaceful and calming. 

Helene

What are 5 things you “can’t live without?” 
My weapons. My hair. My armor. My friends (particularly Elias). My place in the military.

How do you feel about yourself—physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually? 
What a stupid question. Why is this even on here? Physically I'm at my peak. I can maim and kill in an instant. I can scale a wall in mere seconds. I can do around 200 push-ups without stopping. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of these with a response.

What bores you? Why is this? 
Inactivity bores me. I could be doing so many productive things instead like training. 

Describe your ideal date
It would be lots of fun to see a Gladiator-style performance. Or maybe we could just train together? Rock climbing would be fun too. 

Keenan

What are you most passionate about? 
The cause, of course! Down with the Empire, especially that bratty Commandant. 

How do you typically spend your leisure time? 
I usually spend any leisure time I have plotting with the rebels on the demise of the Empire. I don't have much free time to begin with, I'm usually checking on our spies out in the field or working on a mission.

Who has been the biggest influence in your life? 
Mazen, the leader of the Resistance. He's our leader, but he's always been someone I admired. I work closely with him, and he's had a huge impact on my life.

Describe your ideal date
I can't think about dates at a time like this! I'm busy with more important things than my love life, like a rebellion. 


About the Book:

Series: THANKS RAZORBILL! 
Genre: YA High Fantasy
Page Length:  443 Pages
Publication Date: April 28th, 2015
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: ARC via publisher (thanks Razorbill!)
Goodreads
Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS -- another awesome post, Rachel!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Rachel this was such a fun post and on point with all the characterisations! It just reminds me how much I loved Helen and shipped her and Elias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so fresh and original! I love your interpretations of Keenan' leisure time responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH this was great - love this SOOO much!! Such a fun way to look at characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah omg this is so unique! Love, love, love Helene and Keenan's responses! I can practically see Helene's irritation ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! This is seriously one of the most unique posts I've seen in ages. You just reminded me how much I love Helene and how she's SO MUCH BETTER FOR ELIAS. Hem.

    Can you please please please do more of these with other books?!

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this hilarious & original post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome and adorable post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat! Tbh it was a bit tl;dr for me but I love this idea! Lovely post, Rachel :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)