July Wrap-up

Where has this month gone? I AM NOT READY FOR SCHOOL. Yes I have one more month, but oh gosh life is moving fast, and I apply to colleges in the fall and ahhhhh.

July Reads



I loved China Rich Girlfriend filled with opulence, Asian culture, and hilarious moments that will literally make you laugh out loud. Six of Crows blew my expectations out of the water while Pretending to be Erica and Trial by Fire were pleasant surprises that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was underwhelmed and frankly bored by Velvet Undercover and Walk on Earth a Stranger. The glorious ship and great steampunk elements of Rebel Mechanics were thrilling while The Creeping sufficiently creeped me out.

Posts:

Meet the Newbies (a blog event for 2015 debuts) is in full swing! Check out their guest posts here and win their books ~ Alexandra Sirowy | Heather Petty | Mikaela Everett | Lee Kelly | Ann Jacobus | Marcy Beller Paul | Nicola Yoon | Mackenzi Lee | Kim Liggett
Discussion ~ ARCs: The Lowdown | A Contemporary Guide for Newbies
Miscellaneous ~ I met two of my favorite authors - Book Event Recap: Mary & Marie | I wrote a letter to America Singer on my discontent with her parenting - Dearest America Singer....

In My Life:

I've been relaxing and enjoying summer, but I need to buckle down and do stuff! I think I'm going to look for a job to fund my book-buying and help with college spending money. Also college application process and school summer reading... 

I've been a blogging and tweeting machine. I can't stop doing either! I have lots of posts scheduled for August already, I blogged nearly every day in July, and I tweet way too much. Meet the Newbies has come to an end, and I'm sad to see it go :( Next year it'll be back though !

I take my driver's license test this weekend, and I'm equal parts nervous and excited! 

I went on vacation in San Diego for a little over two weeks, and it was wonderful.

Kristen, Nicola, and I started #FAC16 (Fledgling Author Chat) to bring awareness to the 2016 debut novels coming out next year. I want to read them all ;)

Oh and co-bloggers are being announced tomorrow!!

How was your month?

14 comments:

  1. That's too bad Velvet Undercover and WOEAS bored you. Those were going to be my next read but maybe I'll put them aside for now. I'm really glad you liked The Creeping! I love books that creeps me out so I'll def. get my hands on it. OMG You went to San Diego? I like taking trips down there too! I live like an hour away from SD. Good luck on your driver's license test. Stay focused and relax. I'm taking mine this August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've read many great books this month! I haven't gotten to any books listed above but I'm really excited to pick up Six of Crows, Rebel Mechanic, and Trial by Fire soon! I hope your reading month will also be as good as this one for next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome reading month! I can't wait to read The Creeping!
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DRIVING TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your driving test:D I can't wait for Six of Crows, looks interesting;) Rebel Mechanics sounds cool:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have one more month of summer vacation, but we all know that's going to come and go way too quickly. (cries . . .) But anyway, enjoy your last weeks of summer and good luck on your driver's license test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your twitter chats have been amazing, Rachel! Thank you so much for organizing those. :)
    I can't wait to read Six of Crows and Walk on Earth a Stranger... this month (August) for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck for your driver's test!
    So happy to hear that you enjoyed Six of Crows. I was going to preorder it, but then realised if I haven't even read Ruin and Rising yet, then what's the point?
    I've also had my eye on The Creeping for a while - can't wait for it to come out! - so I'm glad that you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many books! I'm dying to read Trial by Fire and Six of Crows, though I have yet to read Ruin and Rising (oops?). Anyway good luck on your driver's test and I'm excited to meet the co-bloggers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can’t wait to read Six of Crows! I’m really hoping I can see Leigh on the tour, so fingers crossed on that one!

    Good luck on the driver’s test!!! That’s so exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, now I'm even more excited to read Six of Crows! Good luck on your driver's test and college applications! It's such a good feeling to have posts scheduled in advance, go you for being so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Rachel it sounds like you have been absolutely on the ball with blogging and reading! Good for you, and keep it up! ♥ And best of luck for your driver's test this weekend - I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers that you do well! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck on your driver's license test and applying for colleges in the fall! Awesome that you loved Six of Crows :D I'm reading that one right now. Hope you have a great rest of the summer Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck on your driving test!!! I can't wait until I can drive - libraries and bookstores here I come! ;D Good luck with all the college applications! I have 2 more years until I start worrying about that, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well your month seems to be looking good! You read such great books (especially Six of Crows, I heard you loved that one!). And that's so cool you went to San Diego! I hope you enjoyed it. Visiting SoCal is very very fun. :) I hope you passed your driving test! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)