Meet The Newbies is a blog event co-hosted by Dana @DanaSquare and I, in which we introduce you to all of the new kids in school, the 2015 debut authors!
Meet Ann Jacobus:
Meet Her Debut Novel:
Haunting and beautifully written, with a sharp and distinctive voice that could belong only to this character, Romancing the Dark in the City of Light is an unforgettable young adult novel.
Summer Barnes just moved to Paris to repeat her senior year of high school. After being kicked out of four boarding schools, she has to get on track or she risks losing her hefty inheritance. Summer is convinced that meeting the right guy will solve everything. She meets two. Moony, a classmate, is recovering against all odds from a serious car accident, and he encourages Summer to embrace life despite how hard it can be to make it through even one day. But when Summer meets Kurt, a hot, mysterious older man who she just can't shake, he leads her through the creepy underbelly of the city-and way out of her depth.
When Summer's behavior manages to alienate everyone, even Moony, she's forced to decide if a life so difficult is worth living. With an ending that'll surprise even the most seasoned reader, Romancing the Dark in the City of Light is an unputdownable and utterly compelling novel.
Guest Post ~ 10 Random Facts:
1. Oldest of six, mother of four, and pretty bossy.
2. Danced and sang in the chorus for a community theater production of Annie Get Your Gun.
3. Worked as a food server at a Bob’s Big Boy in New Mexico.
4. Worked for Save the Children producing sponsor–a-child ads.
5. My husband, son and grandfather were all U.S Marines. They’re bossy, too.
6. Lived for four years in the Kingdom of Bahrain in the Arabian Gulf.
7. Once at an airport, I unwittingly chatted with Judy Blume and asked her if she were a dentist.
8. I talk to suicidal people every week on a crisis line.
9. Fan of Modern Family, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad.
10. I believe that the world runs on stories.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Other #MeetTheNewbs Posts & Giveaways: