APCB Adds #1


Welcome to a new feature I'm starting here at A Perfection Called Books! 

I love learning about the newest book deals and what to expect in YA in the upcoming seasons. My Goodreads shelves are always up to date! So I decided to share my latest bookish additions here to show you what you should be looking forward to. :)


Release Date: April 5th, 2016
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Goodreads

The Scarlet Letter meets Divergent in this thoughtful and thrilling novel by bestselling author Cecelia Ahern.

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She's a model daughter and sister, she's well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she's dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation where she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule. And now faces life-changing repercussions.

She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found FLAWED.

In her breathtaking young adult debut, bestselling author Cecelia Ahern depicts a society where obedience is paramount and rebellion is punished. And where one young woman decides to take a stand that could cost her-everything.


Release Date: January 12th, 2016
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Goodreads

High school meets classic horror in this groundbreaking new series.

It was a dark and stormy night when Tor Frankenstein accidentally hit someone with her car. And killed him. But all is not lost--Tor, being the scientific genius she is, brings him back to life...

Thus begins a twisty, turn-y take on a familiar tale, set in the town of Hollow Pines, Texas, where high school is truly horrifying.


Release Date: March 29th, 2016
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Goodreads

In a small town on the brink of the Civil War, Catrina finds a man making strange patterns in her family’s sorghum crop. He’s mad with fever, naked, and strikingly beautiful. He has no memory of who he is or what he’s done before Catrina found him in Stone Field. But that doesn’t bother Catrina because she doesn’t like thinking about the things she’s done before either.

Catrina and Stonefield fall passionately, dangerously, in love. All they want is to live with each other, in harmony with the land and away from Cat’s protective brother, the new fanatical preacher, and the neighbors who are scandalized by their relationship. But Stonefield can’t escape the truth about who he is, and the conflict tearing apart the country demands that everyone take a side before the bloodbath reaches their doorstep.

Inspired by Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights, Stone Field is a passionate and atmospheric story of how violence and vengeance pervert the human spirit, and how hatred can be transcended by love.


Release Date: January 12th, 2016
Publisher: Farrar, Straus, Giroux
Goodreads

“I try not to think about it, what I did to that boy.”

Seventeen-year-old Kenna Marsden has a secret.

She’s haunted by a violent tragedy she can’t explain. Kenna’s past has kept people—even her own mother—at a distance for years. Just when she finds a friend who loves her and life begins to improve, she’s plunged into a new nightmare. Her mom and twin sister are attacked, and the dark powers Kenna has struggled to suppress awaken with a vengeance.

On the heels of the assault, Kenna is exiled to a nearby commune, known as Eclipse, to live with a relative she never knew she had. There, she discovers an extraordinary new way of life as she learns who she really is, and the wonders she’s capable of. For the first time, she starts to feel like she belongs somewhere. That her terrible secret makes her beautiful and strong, not dangerous. But the longer she stays at Eclipse, the more she senses there is something malignant lurking underneath it all. And she begins to suspect that her new family has sinister plans for her…

Later Releases


Black Rose by Bree Barton (HarperTeen 2017)
Bree Barton's BLACK ROSE trilogy, pitched as Graceling meets Pride and Prejudice, about a girl who, on the eve of her marriage to a prince, discovers she has dark, forbidden magic, magic that her powerful family's sole purpose was to destroy.

I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski (HarperTeen 2017)
In which 19-year-old Sydney decides at the last minute to have the summer she's longed for: traveling through Europe with her best friend. But while they dodge (and chase) boys, drama, and their own personal demons, Sydney falls head over heels for a guy she can't have.

The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber (Thomas Nelson 2017)
The duology is an SF work set in the future in which the titular Native American character sets out to rescue her brother from an ice planet that has begun to orbit Earth.

Secrets, Lies, & Scandal by Amanda K. Morgan (Simon Pulse 2016)
Pitched as a YA How to Get Away with Murder in the tradition of Lois Duncan, the story of five teens who are involved in a murder and must use their various skills to keep the secret even as their own paranoia and scandalous activities doom them.
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

26 comments:

  1. You may be the only person I know who has a more ridiculous TBR than I do ;) AND, now I have more books on my TBR. GR, Rachel. I think I need to do one big old post of books I am excited about too, now that I don't do WoW anymore, I don't get to share them! Thanks for sharing these, even though I joke, I am glad you know about ALL the books.
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing feature! I love the banner for it <3 I actually have Stone Field, The Killing Jar, and The Black Rose on my Goodreads and I can't wait for them. I will have to check out the rest of these. Though I'm not too crazy on Flawed and Teen Frankenstein :/

    ~Karina @ A Reader Under The Sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new feature, Rachel!!!! I will admit that I find a ton of new books thanks to you (because I see all your goodreads adds since I'm basically on goodreads all the time and I like a lot of the same books), so I'm so happy you're sharing this with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecelia Ahern wrote a YA dystopia omygooood??! I'm excited to see how that's written and is that a gorgeous POC cover model I spy? And a YA How To Get Away With Murder, I could cry at that pitch for "Secrets, Lies, & Scandal", I hope it's just as great as the TV show.

    Also, I just saw your new layout for the first time Rachel and it looks cute! (✿ ♥‿♥)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH, I love this feature, Rachel! But I think it's going to make my TBR pile a hundred times bigger (not that I'm complaining)! ;D Flawed, Stone Field, Black Rose, I See London, I See France and Secret, Lies & Scandal look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this new feature! I just added all of these books on Goodreads. ALL THESE BOOKS LOOK FABULOUS!!!

    Love the new blog design <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is seriously FANTASTIC!! My GR shelves are RARELY up to date. I feel like I'm always the last to know. THIS is wonderful! I will be stalking this feature from now on. LOL Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this new feature! I haven't even started thinking about 2016 releases yet and you've already got about a million on your bookshelf haha. This feature is so convenient because I can pick and choose the ones that interest me and add them to my own shelf ;) Right now I am really excited for Stone Field - it looks so interesting (plus it mentioned Wuthering Heights and I'm all for the classics).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Killing Jar and Stonefield look amazing! Can't wait for some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flawed looks like something I"ll be interested in! Thanks for sharing these :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this! And I have so many questions about Stone Field now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so bad at keeping track of what is coming out next so I'm SO HAPPY about these posts! 2016 sure looks like its going to have a ton of amazing reads. It's gonna be so great. My wallet is already dreading all those releases haha

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!!!! I am the worst with knowing about new books. Off to add some more to the ever growing TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, this just solves my problem of not knowing what books are coming out 2016. Looking forward to more of this feature Rach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY I WIN! I added them all already!! Whoop Whoop!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAYY, thank goodness for this feature. I always don't know where to look for 2016 books, so when you put it this way, it made it easier. Thank you! And looking forward to more of this feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this new feature, Rach! So many good books to look forward to in 2016. (And I should definitely make a Goodreads account already . . .)

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're the best at finding these new books, I love the look of them all, especially Flawed! I love this feature, thank you so much for sharing, Rachel!

    Aentee at Read at Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't need this post in my life, Rachel. I DIDN'T NEED IT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for reminding me to add 'The Killing Jar' on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY! I'm so happy for these! I had to stop doing WoW's because I could never think of books I was waiting for! I'm always in need of new books, so I'm definitely adding some of these to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woah, girl, I am just amazed at your ability in finding new releases! I am really bad at being updated with these things! This feature is going to be a huge help for me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this new feature idea Rachel and yet dangerous because there's so many books I might add now! ^_^ I think I might add 'The Evaporation of Sofi Snow', 'Black Rose', 'Stone Field' and possibly 'Flawed' (I'm skeptical about dystopian books)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a fun feature! Great idea. :)
    I legit squealed when I saw that Mary Weber had a new series coming out! I love her first and I'm excited to see what that lady does in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooooooh yay! I can already tell I will very much enjoy this feature. Love your picks in books Rachel so this is definitely going to help me find new ones. Excited for more. :D

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this new feature, Rachel! I feel like I really don't need it considering my TBR list but that's another story. Flawed, Teen Frankenstein, I See London, I See France and Secrets, Lies, & Scandal all sounds like my kind of books. I hope the last really resembles to How to Get Away With Murder because that's my favorite show at the moment.
    I didn't say it so far but I love the new design. Absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)