Bookitcon Recap

On Sunday, August 9th, I went to a book event called Bookitcon hosted by Nori @ Read Write Love in Moorestown, New Jersey. There were around 20 authors there, and I had so much fun!

I got a VIP ticket, so I got to enter the signing place a bit early. Honestly, I was there more for the company than the books! Some of my 2016 debut #FAC16 author friends (Isabel Bandeira, Ami Allen-Vath, and Sarah Glenn Marsh) as well as two Meet the Newbies authors (Kathryn Holmes and Trisha Leaver) were there, so it was wonderful to meet them all! Lots of hugs and chatting ensued. I went around and talked with all the authors in the room for maybe two hours. I can talk a lot... I asked them all what they were reading, and then just took the conversation to their books etc. It's so exciting and fun to have the chance to interact with authors in this way.

Me with Martina Boone
Sarah Glenn Marsh, me, and Jodi Meadows (and as silky cloak)
Selfie with Ami Allen-Vath
Trying to keep my cool with Dahlia Adler
FAC16 Authors <3
Then I got some of my books signed. I met Lindsey Smith and got Dreamstrider signed. I met the wonderful Martina Boone, and we chatted about her book and Kim Liggett's Blood & Salt and the overall awesomeness of Kim. I tried on Jodi Meadows' cloak and posed with The Mirror King arc after getting The Orphan Queen signed. I also got The Promise of Amazing signed by Robin Constantine. Then I talked with Sarah Glenn Marsh some more (oh my gosh she's amazing), and then I sat at Ami and Isabel's table (both are so awesome) and pitched some debut books to people who came to the table. The blogger and author extraordinaire Dahlia Adler stopped by Bookitcon, so I talked to her for a bit and snagged a picture.

I also met Jacquelyn, Jacqueline, Kaine's Kat, Deanna, Heather,  Alyssa, and a few other Twitter people who live in the area that I've talked to on Twitter but have never met. I also saw Nicole from The Quiet Concert, Kelly from Live Love Read YA and Grace again!

After the signing, we ate dinner and then played some hardcore author trivia game. Overall the event was so much fun, and I lost my voice shortly after I came home because I was talking so much. xD Thanks again to Nori for planning such a fun event.

From Left to Right: (Back) Nori, Isabel, Heather, Danielle, Grace, Ami, Sarah (Front) Me, Kelly, Amanda
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had loads of fun! I've been hearing about the event in twitter and it sounded pretty awesome! Kudos to Nori for organizing such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like so much fun - I wish I could have went!! Love there​ was so much great interaction with the authors. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Rachel, thanks for sharing with us your event recap! It looks like you met a lot of wonderful authors and had a blast. Jodi Meadows! Totally envious that you got to chat to some of these authors hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I've always wanted to go to a book event and it seems you had lots of fun with that! I really want to meet Dahlia Adler. I've interacted with her on Twitter and she seems like a great person. :)

    Vane at Books With Chemistry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh yay!!! It looks like you really had a fantastic time!! I wish I had been able to go. So many fantastic authors to chat with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, so awesome! I love seeing all the pictures, it looks (and sounds) like you had an absolutely amazing time. What a fun experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it was such a fun event! Since I live so far away, I could never dream of attending these events, but thankfully I have you to fill me in! Haha. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  8. The event looks like loads of fun! I am so impressed that Nori pulled it off so well! I am envious I live way too far away to ever join. You look absolutely amazing Rachel, especially in the magic cloak ;)

    Aentee at Read at Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah hardcore trivia is an understatement that game was IMPOSSIBLE! It was so good to see you again! Kudos to Nori for planning such an awesome event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This event looks like it was so much fun. I definitely want to go next time. Nori did a great job organizing it.
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks like so much fun! When it comes to events like this I sometimes wish I could be in US! It must be so cool to have met all those authors and gotten your books signed! So glad to know you had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of the photos! I'm glad you all had so much fun, and heeeeyy Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh this seemed like such a great great event! (Really want to go but sadly, I love way too far from New Jersey) So many great authors and the dinner looks awesome! I heard there was a lot of swag there and great books. Glad you enjoy the event.

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)