Hi, I am Mishma, and let's be friends!


Hi APCB Readers!



This is Mishma, one of the two new faces who joined the blog this month. I am so excited to be a part of A Perfection Called Books and Rachel is such a dear friend to me, and I am so happy that I can help her out with her blog!


After thinking hard for so long, on what to write about in my first official post, I finally decided that I should introduce myself properly to you guys! And let you all know what you can expect from me as a co blogger at A Perfection Called Books!

So without further ado, let me share some random tidbits about myself, so you might get to know me more, as a reader, blogger and person!:)

1. I am really lazy. And I procrastinate a lot! Which is a bit amusing considering the fact that I am going to be co blogging with a perfectionist, who's organizing skills amaze me, but it's a sad truth that I am a bit hopeless in those things, I am learning to become more organised and up to date when it comes to blogging though, thanks to Rachel and her blogging calendar of awesomeness:) But in real life, I am still the same!


2. I am really talkative. And I don't mean that lightly! I can go on for hours talking with someone, especially if we're talking about something I am really passionate about. It doesn't take me a long time to strike conversations with strangers either. I am known as the chatterbox among my friends, for obvious reasons:)

3. I love travelling. Especially long distance. It's my dream to travel all around the world one day, and I made the first step to that dream, when I went on a solo trip to Philippines last month!


4. My music knowledge is pathetic. It's pretty embarrassing to admit. I know only a handful of English songs - and most of them are by Taylor Swift. I need a lot of education in this area of pop culture!

5. I have a huge soft spot for villains. Sometimes I love them even more than the hero, and I am totally unapologetic about that! Something about an evil guy - with a teeny weeny vulnerable side to him - appeals to me greatly, and it isn't a problem if he's good looking, either!:)


6. I am an Advanced Level Fine Arts student. The education system here in Sri Lanka is a bit different from the rest of the world, but basically it's like a starter course for college. Kinda like your AP exams. I study Literature, Mass Media and Economics as my subjects, and I want to major in Literature when I go to college. I love that subject, both because I love books - duh!:) - and also because I love interpreting and analysing texts. And as uncool as this sounds, I love school!:)


7. And if I didn't love Lit as much as I do, I would've been a film major. Just like books, I love going deep inside movies and analysing them. And I have such a deep passion for classic old English movies, and a soft spot for the iconic 90s ones, that I would gladly spend my whole life learning them inside out.

8. And here's everything you might need to know about my blogging style. I tend to write reviews of older books, rather than new releases. I do post a few ARC reviews here and there, but if you are looking for some fresh read that was published a few years ago, I am here to help you:) Plus my discussion posts have been called "thought provoking" and sometimes, "controversial".  ( Not my words:))

And I get butterflies in my stomach every time I receive a positive comment!:)


9. My ambition is to work in publishing one day. Come on, a career in promoting books? It would be my dream job! My goals are to either get into the copywriting or the PR department, and I hope that I'll be able to achieve my goal one day.



10. Overall, I am a typical teenage girl with huge dreams and passions who loves life. And I love making new friends, so feel free to say hi, and let's be friends!


Haha, no, I am just kidding!:)

Mishma is a 16 year old teenager from Sri Lanka who's always loved books and talking about them. She often comes off as a loud, outgoing, funny, hyperactive and happy go lucky girl! Her addictions include books, Twitter and Buzzfeed and she has an unapologetic love for classic old movies with uncensored violence and villains with a vulnerable side.

You can find her at her own blogTwitterInstagram. She loves making friends, so stop by to say a hi!

42 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Mishma! I was so excited when I found out APCB was getting co-bloggers, and you both seem so nice! I'm super excited to read your blog posts! (And I am totally up for reading reviews about books from a few years ago because I seem to have a lot of catching up to do, so it's nice to know that you review "older" books too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, AJ!:) I am glad to hear that!:)

      Delete
  2. Mishma, I like your blogging style and LOVE the GIFs! I look forward to seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, really? Thanks girl! And I work so hard on my gifs, so it means a lot to me when you say that!

      Delete
  3. Welcome!! It's always so exciting to see new faces joining blogs I love :)

    I'd love to travel too - it's a huge dream of mine. Ideally I'd like to go with friends though, but none of mine are keen on the idea which is disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie!

      That's the same problem with mine. None of my RL friends share my passion, so I decided to set out on my own, to chase my dreams!:)

      Delete
  4. Well, hello Mishma and yeah, we're friends :D I've always thought I'd do great as an editor (don't even ask me where I got that idea from- I don't know!!) so I really understand how you feel about it, and I, for one, am rooting for you. Go, Mishmash, go! Loved these random tidbits btw :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hey Ruzi, that we are!:) That's awesome! I hope that you achieve your goal girl!
      And thanks love!:)

      Delete
  5. Hi, Mishma! I'm very lazy too - I am such a hermit and homebody it's not even funny. I love movies, too, and I have very little knowledge of music (I just turn on my Pandora and go). I've been reading more TBR books than ever this year, so I love that you'll be reviewing those!
    So glad to meet you! I'm Danielle over at Love at First Page. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle!

      I am so happy to hear all of that! Especially the music part - I've always thought that I am an odd one out in that area!;)
      I am so glad to meet you too!:)

      Delete
  6. Nice to meet you Mishma! I am looking forward to seeing your posts on here! I think even though you procrastinate you are going to be a good fit! Can't wait to see what you have in store.

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Jamie! Haha, I hope that's the case!:)

      Delete
  7. Ahhh Mishma congrats for joining up with Rachel! I loved your introduction, your definitely very passionate and it shows in your blogging and reviews! Looking forward to your posts here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeann! Really? It shows? Man, that's awesome! It made me super happy to hear that!:)

      Delete
  8. Welcome Mishma! Just so you know, you immediately earned my respect when I saw the Doctor Who gif. That is all that I needed to see to know you are an amazing person.
    I am an epic procrastinator, too. I am never able to schedule posts because I almost always put them off until the last second. My laziness is definitely something I need to work on as a book blogger and a person.
    If you ever need some help with keeping up with music, I would be glad to help. Or you can talk to Nova @ Out of Time and she will literally flood you with suggestions.
    I cannot wait to see all of the cool things you are going to bring to APCB! I am sure you will be amazing!
    Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessa! I am just awesome! *flips hair* Haha, just kidding. but thank you!:)
      Nova is already my go to person for music recs! And thanks for the offer Tessa! I am really going to take up on it:)

      Delete
  9. Hi, Misha! Nice to meet you, too :D I loooove talking - if we were to ever meet in person, that would be quite the thing. But I listen too. Good luck with the publishing job dream in works - definitely hit up some of those internships from Bloomsbury (talk to Lili at Lili's Reflections), Scholastic (talk to Jeremy West), Random House (I know a guy but he's not on Twitter). Also Gaby Salpeter (Bloomsbury). Lots of great bloggers went into publishing via internship! I'd love to be working with you as a publicist-blogger relationship in the future :)

    Hope to see you around, Mishma! <3

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa! Dude, it's now my goal to meet you!:) #goals
      Wow, thanks for all that info, girl! I really need to approach these people and talk about my ambition!
      Looking forward to get to know you Alyssa!:)

      Delete
  10. Haha hey Mishma! It's so great to learn more things about you. So we are both on the lazy and can't-get-me-to-shut-up train! Awesome, awesome. ;) That's cool you want to work in publishing! I do too! ;) Great post and I look forward to see more of you on this blog. See you around the twitters! :D

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaitlin! Haha, that's great! *high fives* We have so much in common, don't we?:)

      Delete
  11. I adore your blog:) I love your discussions as well! That's awesome that you want to work in publishing! That would be a cool job:) I love Taylor Swift! Can't wait to read more posts from you;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!:) I really wish that my dream comes true! *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  12. YAY! I love both you and Rachel so I'm so excited to see you working together. I predict awesome. Can't wait to see how you ladies take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, love you too, Kristen!:) Haha, wait and see, we're going to rock:)

      Delete
  13. Hooray for traveling to the Philippines! :D It was so much fun to meet you, and I'm in awe of how you can even juggle so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an awesome experience! I had so much fun in PH! And it was wonderful meeting you too Shannelle!:)

      Delete
  14. YOU TRAVELLED TO THE PHILIPPINES ALL ALONE?! OMFG YOU ARE QUITE AWESOME.

    I did hear about your travelling plans on Twitter but all alone? That's so cool! And I'm so excited to see how you work with Rachel and APCB because let's face it--this is one of the best blogs in the book blogosphere :P Welcome, welcome :*

    Rhea @ Rhea's Neon Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I did! It was an amazing experience! I want to do it all over again!

      That's true!:) I am super glad that I am joining forces with Rach!:)
      Thanks Rhea!

      Delete
  15. Nice to meet you! I've always had a soft spot for a well written villain too. Yeah, being a lazy procrastinator's hard when running a blog. I look forward to reading your reviews! It's nice to hear about older books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Molly! Villains are the best! Enough said:)

      Delete
  16. Hi five for being lazy and procrastinating! That's 90% of my life haha. Villains tend to be super interesting characters so I can't blame you for your love! Also I love seeing reviews of older books! It can rekindle love of my favourites and/or introduce me to some underrated gems I missed before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high fives* We need an award for being lazy! Really!:)
      That's great to hear! I myself love reading reviews of older books. They're refreshing!:)

      Delete
  17. Hi Mishma, very nice to meet you! I look forward to reading all your controversial posts on here, because I love a good debate ;) Haha I'm usually pretty lazy as well, and sometimes that can get in the way of blogging. Oops? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy! Nice to meet you too!:)
      That's amazing! I am a debater myself IRL, and it's something that I love so much!

      Delete
  18. This is awesome :D! Traveling is the best thing in the world and I admire you for making such a trip on your own. I'm a bit of a pussy and I definitely need someone around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Haha, I am just that amazing! *flips hair* Just kidding, but I enjoyed travelling alone a lot! I want to go somewhere again!

      Delete
  19. Hi Mishma! Oh my gosh Loki is my favorite character in Thor! His character is simply perfection :D I'm a huge procrastinator too (which doesn't help my blog AT ALL) but I love learning and reading as much as I can so that's something right?? Anyway, it's so nice to meet you!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I love Loki! In fact I am obsessed with antiheroes, and he's one of my favourites!
      Haha, I know the struggle, girl!

      Delete
  20. Hey Mishma! I'm so excited to finally be co-blogging with you and Rachel. Loved getting to know you a bit better in this first post of yours, and hopefully I'll continue to as we blog together! :)

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to meet you :3 Likewise, I am someone who dreams of working in publishing in the future, so hopefully we can both reach those dreams! I am someone who also posts reviews of older book too, so I am looking forward to seeing those reviews. And your discussion posts definitely sound like they will be intriguing ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Olivia!:)
      That's awesome! *high fives* It sounds like a super awesome potential career, right? I really hope that it will work out for both of us!

      Delete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)