Queen of Shadows Tour Recap

As if you don't already know, Sarah J Maas is my all-time favorite author. I adore her books, and you really don't want to know how many times I've reread her books... On Sunday, September 6th I went to her Queen of Shadows tour stop in Bensalem and had such a great time.

I drove up with Brittany from Please Feed The Bookworm (thank you hun <3), and we got there at 5 PM when the event was supposed to start. There were so many people there, at least 150. I'm just so happy that Sarah's getting this much attention. Her series has grown so much! I remember reading Throne of Glass and then having to wait another year for each subsequent book. *gets teary-eyed*

I wormed my way into the side aisle next to the seating (which filled in around 3 PM apparently), so I had a pretty good view of the Q&A. Steph from No BS Reviews moderated the panel, and she and Sarah had readers tittering with laughter from the get-go.

I wish I could remember more of the questions and answers, but I really love how Sarah J Maas talked about her friendship with Susan Dennard and Alex Bracken and how that inspired the friendships in Queen of Shadows. Also when asked who would be in her Bad Blood squad she said herself (Sadie Lady), Susan, Alex (Brack-Attack), Steph (Chocolate Chip), Emily Blunt, and JK Rowling. When asked what food her characters would be, she said Dorian would be the most decadent Mac and Cheese. Aedion would be pepperoni pizza, spicy yet also melts in your mouth. ;) Celaena/Aelin would be the ice cream sundae you make when your parents aren't home and you put literally all the toppings on it and eat it all and then eventually feel sick afterwards. Chaol would be a coconut KIND bar. Sam is an In-n-out Burger because it's so good and wonderful yet short-lived. Rowan is a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll find in the middle when you take a bite! ;)

I saw Damaris from Good Choice Reading. She's lovely and awesome, and we gabbed about books together. I also chatted with one of the #FAC16 authors Julie Eshbaugh debut author of Ivory and Bone which comes out in May 2016. She's absolutely amazing! I also saw Jana, Kit's Kat, and Danielle from Twitter. I also spent some time talking to Steph from No BS Reviews and Josh (Sarah J Maas' husband).


                             Damaris & Me                                                          Julie & Me

The Q&A was 1 hour long; the signing was 4 hours. Brittany and I stayed until the end of the event, so we got to talk to Sarah a bit more and actually take pictures with her! She's so so sweet and remembered me. She gave me a hug and thanked me for coming again. Overall this event was definitely one of my favorites! I was both baffled and proud of the huge turnout at the event.


Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

18 comments:

  1. Love this signing recap, Rachel! :) I attended Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass launch party a few years back, not having read the book yet, and it's so crazy how big this series has gotten. I definitely need to catch up with the series, but it sounds like each novel is even better than the last. Those comparisons of her characters to food made me lol so much, too :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recap! And I'm also insanely jealous!!! Sarah J Maas is coming to NZ in November and I desperately want to go and see her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really happy that you got to go at one of her signings, I'd love to go but sadly I live in France... The Q&A seemed a lot of fun, like the question about her characters and food. Sarah J. Maas seems to be an amazing person, I'd like to meet her someday. I really liked that you made that kind of post, because it makes people like me that can't go to signings dream a little and hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I've only met Sarah once but she was so lovely in person! I hope she visits the UK again soon 😊
    Love the pictures as well 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the reason I wish I lived in America.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so, so amazing!!! Wish I had an event near me. It looks like you had a real blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fantastic time! I rarely get events near me - if there's one, something ends up not letting me go (namely because it's at a branch not closest to my house....), or tickets are sold out (like one for Rick Riordan). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw look at you all cute! I would love to meet Sarah, so when she's in town I definitely have to go! I'm just now continuing the Throne Of Glass series, (I read TOG last year and it didn't blow me away so I put off reading COM) and now I'm wishing that I hadn't! I'm so glad you had a fun time at the event, she seems like so a dope person to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your updates on Twitter! And dang, four hours?! You go girl. Glad you had fun! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like so much fun! I really want to meet Sarah because ToG is pure awesomeness and she seems so chill but she isn't coming to my state, one day though haha. Love this recap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had fun girl! Sarah is really sweet and I loved meeting her when she came through here for her ACOTAR tour. I bet Steph was a fun moderator! Man, I wish I lived up north so I could come to all these signings with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like it was so much fun! Jealousy overload right here :D Sarah seems so sweet!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so awesome that you guys waited and then got to spend some time actually talking with Sarah. And it looks like you had a lot of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so exciting that you got to attend the event and actually got to spend time talking with one of your favorite authors. Awesome for her that there was a crowd! Great photos. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still need to read QOS, but it isn't out yet in the bookstores on my side of the world, but I can't wait to get it! You're so lucky that you got to meet Sarah, definitely on my bucket list! XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so adorable here, Rachel!!! 200 people, wow :O That's so little compared to the signing events here in the Philippines haha! Colleen Hoover got 900 in her Manila signing, and it was quite chaotic :)) HOPE YOU GUYS HAD FUN AND I HOPE I'D MEET THIS WONDERFUL AUTHOR IN THE FUTURE TOO <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This had an AMAZING turn out! So happy that you got to go to this Rachel! One of the things I LOVE hearing authors talk about is their friendship with other authors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that's a really long signing haha. It sounds like a lot of fun though and it's awesome that she remembered you! It would be so cool to meet an author and have them remember you from the sea of people they meet :) I wish signings like this came to Michigan, but alas, the weather is rather crappy here year round (I think it drives authors away lol).

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)