Secret Life of a Blogger Tag

Thanks to the lovely Aimee @ Deadly Darlings for tagging me to do the Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag. This will be fun!

1. How long have you been a blogger?


I've been blogging since March 1st, 2014! :) So a little over 1.5 years.

2. At what point do you think you'll stop blogging?


I'll stop when I no longer have time to read/blog or if I have no interest in blogging any more. 
I don't want to think about this!! I'd like to say I'll blog forever, but oh gosh who knows xD

3. What is the best thing about blogging?


There are so many best parts!

-Personally I love writing reviews for books I love
-Reading amazing posts by other bloggers
-Making friends with lots of lovely bloggers
-Interacting with authors and publishers
-When people leave nice comments or do nice gestures for others

4. What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?


-The drama
-Cross-posting reviews (watch TV while I do it)
-Formatting posts because Blogger is moody (deal with it)
-Having creativity block or blogging blues (take a break from writing)

5. How long does it take you to find/create pictures to use?


Haha it takes me anywhere between 30-50 minutes to create a picture.
Finding pictures takes around 10 minutes.

6. Who is your book crush?



CHAOL WESTFALL. It's been a long rocky journey, and SJM doesn't like him, so he's in for a rough ride. But I will always love the compassionate and honorable and thoughtful Captain of the Guard.

7. What author would you like to have on your blog?


Cassandra Clare! She was the first YA author I read; I fell for her books so hard.

8. What do you wear when you write your blog posts?


Clothes (like everyone else I hope). Usually pajamas.

9. How long does it take you to prepare?


Haha to mentally prepare I need 20 minutes.
Physically getting situated takes another 5 minutes.
Focusing amidst so many distractions takes 15 minutes.

10. How do you feel about the book blogger community?


11. What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?




I tag anyone who wants to do this!

Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

12 comments:

  1. I totally love this "Measure it in how happy it makes you." -- that is definitely how we should feel when we are blogging.

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chaol too! And yeah, I hate cross-posting as well, and the dramas, and the trolls... ugh. Gratefully, there are more awesome people around the blogosphere to make up for that!

    Vane at Books With Chemistry

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHAOL! Oh a girl after my own heart. So swoony!

    Completely agree Rach, it's hard to find the time to blog, especially with so many social media aspects as a distraction. I really struggle online to organise my time. I find it hard to take a break, with review copies piling up and wanting to visit other blogs, it's almost impossible to take a step back. I'm hoping to take a small hiatus soon, but with blogging commitments, it's just so hard to find a good time. Awesome tips Rach, going to try a few of these out and hopefully renew my love for blogging again <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more with your book crush, Chaol is the best <3
    I think my favourite part of book blogging is that you get to find some really amazing books you wouldn't necessarily pick up yourself (for me, Throne of Glass was that type of book!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassie Clare was the first YA author I've read too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHAOL! I haven't finish QoS ye, but I know it's going to break my heart, especially when it comes to him! I think that how happy blogging makes you is a great way to measure your success, but it can be hard, especially when so much emphasis is put on page views and you're a small blogger.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like this tag! Cassandra Clare might not have been one of my first YA readers but like you, I fell for them hard and finished the first three books within a week. I could just not stop reading them! I loved all you mentioned about the good things about blogging, and I would have to agree with all of them <3 Our community is just fantastic <3 I don't mind cross posting, but I do dislike reaching a dry spell when it comes to ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS advice Rachel! I like this tag, I may do it next week (If I'm not feel lazy, I've had a weird blogging week...).

    Cross posting is the absolute bane to my existence. I basically wait three months then do a bulk cross post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Rachel! I love your advice for question 11. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree SO MUCH with lots of your answers, especially the advice on successful blogs. I think it's so important to remember all of that, and that it's YOUR blog and you should do whatever you want with it. Otherwise, you'll burn-out a lot faster.

    How did I know KALE would be your book crush? ;) Interacting with everyone and making friends is definitely the BEST part of blogging, but that can also make it the worst when it comes to drama and all of the negativity. Gifs take me FOREVER to find and it also takes me a fair amount of time to stop procrastinating when it comes to writing posts, especially reviews. Haha. And having Cassandra Clare on the blog would be amazing! I know not a lot of people love her books (or like her as a person), but I do. The Shadowhunter world is just so much fun.

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great advice Rachel! It's definitely always key to remember that it is okay to take a break from blogging when you need to, and then come back with a fresh perspective. Not measuring by followers but by happiness is golden as well - so true! Thanks for sharing :)

    Eugenia @ Genie In A Book

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE. This is really great advice, I agree that people should blog for themselves although, I also think it's important if someone is actually reading and voicing their ow thoughts on it too. Great post! <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)