September Wrap-Up


September Reads:

Burning Glass was easily one of my most anticipated books of 2016. I am glad to say this one was a definite hit for me!! Nameless definitely lived up to the hype. It's reminiscent of AEITA and The Winner's Curse. Queen of Shadows was amazing, yet I had issues with it. Spine-chilling and creepy, The Dead House kept me awake at night. I'm so sad that The Revolution of Ivy ends The Book of Ivy duology. I LOVED this one.

In My Life: 

School started! Senior year has been so much fun so far, and I love my classes. I just love senior year!! I'm so excited and nervous to apply to colleges. It's a long and arduous process, but I can't wait for the final result. That's about all for me! :)

September Reads:



And the Sarah J. Maas obsession continues!  I know many readers found issues with the newly released Queen of Shadows, but I absolutely loved it.  Marie Lu's Legend was just . . . okay.  The Assassin's Blade was everything you could ever want in a collection of novellas and more.  (SamCortlandSamCortlandSamCortland!!!)  And . . . Finding Audrey was downright cute, hilarious, and heart-warming.  All in all, I enjoyed my four reads this month.

In My Life:

Okay.  So I just went on a trip around the world: Sky-diving, swimming with sting rays in Tahiti, indulging myself in French delicacies in Paris . . . yeah . . .

Nope.

Here's my realistic life:

1. School
2. School
3. School
4. Homework
5. Sleep

In all seriousness, I'm having a good time.  There may be is a lot of work, but that's junior year for you.  We're already starting to think about colleges and the whole college process.  I can't believe the prospect is so close.  It's exciting.  (Yet frightening.)  Luckily, I still have two more years. :-)




September was not a great month reading wise! I didn't have much time to read at all, to the point where I had to spend my time travelling in the bus to and from school for reading. Dreamland was an intriguing and creepy read, while Undaunted was more of a filler, and stress free read. I really enjoyed Legend, and can't wait to see what's in stake for June and Day in the sequels. The Diviners was - sadly - a disappointment, though I loved the writing in the story. But it was toooo huge!!! 
I've also been reading Six of Crows for one week now! :) Plus, genius me have also started Illuminae amidst this. *sighs* 

In My Life:

I had a pretty eventful month! School started. Advanced Levels are so tough but school is fun overall! I have an awesome bunch of new classmates, and my subjects are great as well! 

I turned 17! It was probably the best birthday ever, because I was showered with wishes and confetti by the book community and it was amazing! I had a surprise birthday party from my cousins, and got some awesome gifts!

Also, I got an internship! It's a 3 month PR and Brand Management internship from a local radio station, and I am super excited! I start in October!

On The Blog:

Top Reviews ~ Six of Crows | Antigoddess | Everything, Everything | 5 to 1
Discussions ~ Book-Adapted TV Shows | The 5 Stages of Book Grief | How To Find Time To Blog
Blog Tours + Giveaways ~ The Weight of Feathers (Interview) | First & Then | Dream Things True
Book Events ~ Queen of Shadows Tour Stop Recap

How was your month? What did you read? Anything new? Share!

14 comments:

  1. Ahh, this post reminds me that I FINALLY need to read Throne of Glass. I just bought it. I was peer pressured by the hype monster Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really great books, I also read QoS this month (I had planned on starting The Dead House too but that didn't happen ahah). It seems people have different responses to school starting up again, I fall into the "please let it go away so I can read more" category ;)

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/09/disney-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry ladies, winter break will be around the corner. Honestly, high school flies by, enjoy it ! :)

    Looks like some good books were read, The Diviners is such a favorite of mine. I shove it on anyone who will listen! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never of heard of The Book of Ivy duology, I need to check that one out :O I know what you mean about The Assassin's Blade, Julia, all I could think of was Sam Cortland Sam Cortland Sam Cortland Sam Cortland Sam Cortland Sam Cortland!! Wah, Mishma, I think I missed your 17 birthday D: Happy very late birthday to you! I hope all of you succeed in school, don't let the stress bring you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh good luck with school! <3 I'm starting my AS Levels shortly and then I'll barely have any time to read too. I really want to read Legend and the Throne of Glass series - heard such good things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. School boooo. Hope you have a fun year ladies! It's definitely tough and time-consuming but the memories <3 So glad you liked Burning Glass, I'm really looking forward to it too. Sam Cortland the feels WHYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read so many of the books you guys mentioned!! Also, good luck with the college processes, Rachel and Julia!! And good luck with your internship, Mishma! That sounds like such a fun opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and me both, Rachel! I swear I'm getting no sleep. Good luck in being accepted to the college of your choice - I'm starting in community before going to a university. :3 Congrats on your internship, Mishma (aka Birthday Buddy, even though we're a day apart, but whatever!) - hope you have a fantastic time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all had a decent reading month! Rachel - I remember applying to colleges was so much fun but stressful and scary!!! Senior year was the best though enjoy it! Julia - I loved Finding Audrey; I thought it was super cute. Time is going to fly and before you know it the whole college thing will be right there. It goes by so quick. Mishma - Happy Birthday and Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like everyone had a great september with SCHOOL AND CLASSES AND YAY. Hahaha. And yes for a second I thought you REALLY did all those things Julia!

    I have Queen of Shadows, but have yet to read the second and third book in the series....sooo...ooops. Let's be honest I mostly preordered it because of the pins hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel: I have been hearing great things about Dead House, it seems like a good read for October! So temped to buy it... xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you loved Revolution of Ivy - I can't wait to read that one! Glad your senior year has gotten off to a good start, even if it is a lot of work!

    And congrats on your internship, Mishma! Sounds fantastic!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nameless sounds so cool and is one thing that I would like to try reading. Happy belated birthday Mishma! And it seems like I am not the only one who is feeling pretty snowed under by school. I have a lot to do, and well I haven't been able to pre-read and preschedule books and posts as much as I usually like to be able to DD:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm super excited to read the Ivy duology! And yay for Burning Glass! I'm looking forward to these 2016 releases! I'm so glad you're loving senior year Rachel! Good luck on applying for colleges girl!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)