Bookish Serendipity Co Etsy Store Launch!!

My lovely friend Jessica from Bookish Serendipity has decided to start an Etsy store. I love her crafts and products, and today as part of her promo launch tour Jessica shares 5 books she'd love to turn into bookish jewelry.

bsclaunch

 My Etsy shop, Bookish Serendipity Co, opened its virtual doors this week to customers who want to purchase affordable jewelry and accessories inspired by their favorite books. I offer many different bookish jewelry pieces right now, but with thousands on books out in the world, there’s no way that I could make a piece for each of them! Here are 5 books that I’d love to turn into jewelry…soon.

1. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker This is definitely going to be one of the best books I read in 2015. I'm a sucker for historical fantasy, and I love the storyworld for this book. It is set in a Medieval-like world called Anglia, where witchcraft is illegal. Elizabeth is one of the King's elite witch hunters, at least until she gets accused of witchcraft herself and is sentenced to death. There are so many possible symbols that could represent this book, and I can't wait to bring this story to life.

2. Percy Jackson (all the books) by Rick Riordan This isn't exactly one book (more like 10) but I love this series too much to leave it out. Percy Jackson was a big part of my childhood. I enjoy fangirling over the books with my friends, and I even met Rick Riordan when he came to Toronto last year. These books are absolutely fantastic, and what better way to celebrate them than to turn them into pieces of jewelry?

3. Every Day by David Levithan One of my favourite parts of jewelry-making is finding new ways to challenge myself. Every Day would definitely be a challenge. How do I represent a book about a person who wakes up every day in a different body, with no real connection to any of them? This story is incredibly memorable and important to so many people, and I'd love to brainstorm how I could show this in a piece of jewelry. In fact, writing this has given me several ideas...

4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Fangirl is a novel about Cath, who is a fanfiction writer attending her first year at college. I read Fangirl late last year, and thought it was a really fun, unique read! I haven't read many books about writers, and Fangirl was really interesting because of this. There are so many symbols that could represent this book, from more obvious ones like a pen, to...less obvious symbols. Seriously, how cute would this book be as a necklace?

5. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige I actually wanted to use Dorothy Must Die for my launch, but that didn't end up working out. Still, I would like to create something inspired by Dorothy Must Die someday! I liked the first book a lot, and I have a lot of ideas for things that could be used to represent this book, from the characters (tin man, scarecrow, lion, Amy, etc) to symbolic objects from the original (ruby slippers, etc) and beyond. This would be a fantastic project!

There are so many amazing books out there, and it was difficult to narrow it down to these five. Hopefully I will be able to share work inspired by these amazing books with you soon, as well as the many other pieces I will be adding to Bookish Serendipity Co. soon.

Bonus: I'm offering extra bonus freebies to the first 25 customers at Bookish Serendipity Co. I'm actually going to have a hard time sending these freebies out, because I love them so much. Good luck!   clicktoshop

About Jessica Bernt:
Jessica is a reader, blogger, and entrepreneur. She runs the store Bookish Serendipity Co. on Etsy, where she sells affordable literary-inspired jewelry and accessories for book lovers. Jessica lives in Canada with her family, dog, and a never-ending TBR pile.
About Bookish Serendipity Co.

At Bookish Serendipity Co, you can find a variety of jewelry pieces and accessories inspired by books that are both affordable and beautiful. Bookish Serendipity Co is run by me, a teen blogger and entrepreneur. All pieces are handmade for you, perfect for everyday wear. Looking to share your passion for books with the world? Bookish Serendipity Co is for you.

Links:


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, another bookish shop to obsess with!! *clicks* I've just hearted a bunch of stuff!
    Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just favorited it! Always looking for new Etsy shops to love! (By the way, your Click to Shop link isn't working).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, very cool! I love Etsy and had to physically remove myself from so many awesome stores last holiday season... there are such great goodies! I love jewelry, so you may see me around, Jessica! :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing these necklaces and bracelets and of course would love to have one of my own because they are just SO COOL. I would love for the Percy Jackson series to be in a bookish necklace form and would get them right away. As well as the Lunar Chronicles series because they would look cool like that :D

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)