I'm Thankful For...

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and it's such a great time to think about all that we're thankful for.

1. My Family - I am so thankful to have two wonderful parents who push me to be independent and strong yet are always there for me when I stumble. Thank you to the little sister who, although infuriating at times, still manages to make me laugh and calm me down when I'm stressed. Thanks to my older brother who gives such helpful advice and is always there for me.

2. My Health + Country - I'm so lucky to be in good health as there are so many people who are born without it. Although our country has its issues just like every other country, I'm so proud and thankful to live in America. We have so many opportunities and privileges that third-world countries do not possess. Let's not take that for granted, and let's be kind and help others.

3. My Co-Bloggers - Mishma and Julia, you two somehow put up with me! For that and so much more I thank you! <3 Thank you for being so sweet and thoughtful and funny. Thank you for your support. Thank you for sharing A Perfection Called Books with me. Thank for being great friends. Thanks for being you. And thanks for saying "yes," I can't think of anyone else I'd rather share APCB with than you two.

4. The Fabulous Four - Shannon, Amber, Holly, and Val. I'm so thankful to have such wonderful friends and supports like you! I honestly don't think I would've gotten through this summer and the debut stuff without you four. Your humor and camaraderie cheer me up all the time. You're superb bloggers and even better friends.

5. Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction - I'm so so so happy I got to know you better this summer. We've gone through so much together, and I'm glad I came out of it with a new friend, you! Your kindness and big heart will take you far in life, and I'm thankful to call you my friend each and every day.

6. Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm & Zoe @ Stories On Stage - You two have been my biggest blogging supporters since the start. The blogging experience would have been so much different without you two. You make me smile on a daily basis, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life!

7. Jaime @ Two Chicks on Books - Your generosity and thoughtfulness (among so many other things) make you such a bright star in this luminous community. You do so much in the community, and I couldn't imagine it without you!

8. Nori @ Read Write Love - I can't even begin to say how lucky I am to have you in my life! You and your wonderful ideas and crazy energy and excitement electrify the community. Thank you for all the DMs and all the talks and the fun experiences. It's been really, chica ;)

9. The 2016 Debut Authors (specifically but not only...) Emily Henry, Brittany Cavallaro, Anna Breslaw, Heidi Heilig, Janet B. Taylor, Ashley Herring Blake, Ami Allen-Vath, Roshani Chokshi, Nicole Castroman, Kathryn Purdie, Alwyn Hamilton, Lygia Day Penaflor, Julie Eshbaugh, Evelyn Skye, Tara Sim, Laurie E. Flynn, Stephanie Garber, Kathleen Glasgow, Jeff Zentner, Ava Jae, Jeff Garvin, Laura Tims, Shannon M Parker, Erin L. Schneider, Traci Chee, Rosalyn Eves, Kerry Kletter, Jessica Cluess, Jenny Moyer, Erin Summerill, Kim Savage, Catherine Lo, Michelle Andreani - Thank you so much for sharing your excitement with me about your debuts. It was such a pleasure working on FAC with you, and I can't wait to do it again for Meet the Newbies!! You've become such treasured friends, and I adore you all so so much. You're inspiring and brilliant and thoughtful and about a thousand other positive words.

10. Andye @ Reading Teen, Stacey Lee, Lee Kelly, Jess @ Book Rook Reviews, Xanie @ Literary Legionnaire, Marcy Beller Paul, Karina @ A Reader Under the Sea, Sarah @ The Book Traveler, Alyssa @ Eater of Books, Dahlia Adler, Romina Russell, Lauren Gibaldi, Lori Goldstein, Nikki Kelly, Mary Pearson, Nicola Yoon, Jenn Marie Thorne, Chandler Baker, Kaitlin @ Next Page Please -Thank you for being you! <3 <3

11. People Who Have Read Or Commented On My Blog - Thank you so so much!! Your support and enthusiasm make my day. You have no idea how happy I get every time I receive a blog comment or every time someone tells me they read a book because of my review or my book-pushing. I'm touched that you'd take the time to read my blog and nurture my passion for books and blogging. So thank you x 1,000,000.
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

14 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! And thank you Rachel for all that you do and just for being you! Happy Thanksgiving :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.

    This is such a sweet post, Rachel! <3 I'm thankful for you! You do so much for authors and you're always there. You're a pretty superb blogger yourself. And a good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are just TOO sweet! <3 <3 <3 Thank you so much for the kind words :) And it sure does sound like you have a lot to be thankful for! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday- you are just the best, and we are thankful to have YOU too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! Happy thanksgiving :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post Rachel! It's definitely important to be thankful and to recognise all the people that made you come so far today. Congrats on your latest milestone for bloglovin and I am so so happy that A Perfection Called Books is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Happy Thanksgiving Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post, Rachel! Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Rachel!! I'm so grateful to be a part of APCB. Thanks for letting me join the team back in August. Enjoy your holiday! :-)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a doll :) Happy thanksgiving to you and your family :) I'm grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥♥♥ I love you so much Rachel, and I don't know what the blogging community would be like without you. You bring such a great light to the community, and I appreciate it so, so much. Thank you for your kind comments and your lovely tweets - you have no idea how much they make me smile. xx And 'Murica for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm VERY late to the party here, but I just wanted to say that I'm thankful for you too. I'm so glad we've started talking more, and here's to another year of friendship. <3

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)