October Wrap-Up!



How is it already November?  Farewell, October . . .

October Reads:



It's been a rough month for reading and blogging in general. I went on a fantasy-reading binge in the little time I did have to read. Jennifer Anne Davis is a great author, and I discovered her True Reign series along with the spin-off series that recently came out, Cage of Deceit. Juniors was highly disappointing and quite frankly, so so awkward. The Great Gatsby was enjoyable, yet I couldn't connect with the characters at all.

In My Life:

I'm in the process of completing my college applications! I've submitted one already, and I'm so nervous and excited. I can't wait to go to college. :)

I've been so inactive in blogging, and I sincerely apologize. I'm nearly a month and a half behind on comments, but I'm slowly working through them. I haven't written a blog post in forever nor have I read many posts lately. I want to get back to blogging, but school and college applications come first. I'll be back in full force soon though.

I absolutely LOVE senior year. It's been so much fun, and I can't believe it's my last year. Halloween was so much fun, but oh gosh I forgot how crazy high school parties are.... 

Adele came out with her newest single "Hello," and I'm so obsessed with it. Also The Chainsmokers is a new discovery of mine. I love "Kanye" and "Roses" and literally everything they do. They were at the Electric Factory in Philly for a concert, and I'm so so sad I couldn't go. Maybe next time... I detest Fetty Wap, but I do love "679." 

Received:

Thanks to the publishers and friends for these books!
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis 
First & Then by Emma Mills 
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle 
Wandering Star by Romina Russell 
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee 
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner 
Underwater by Marisa Reichardt 
The Girl Who Fell by Shannon Parker 
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken 


October Reads:



Six of Crows was a wonderful read to start off the month.  Full of action and emotion, this exciting heist story definitely needs to make it to your TBR list.  I read The Bluest Eye for my American Literature Honors class at school.  Full of symbolism and metaphor, this book is one of the more mature books I've read.  Between Us and the Moon was just . . . okay.  And my final read of the month, Made You Up, was PHENOMENAL.  So wonderfully good.  I recommend it to everyone.

In My Life:


Same old, same old.  I think it's finally settling in that yes, I'm a junior!  I truly have an array of amazing teachers this year.  I've been visiting them more and talking to them more.  I still have a quarter and second semester to get through, so I'm hoping for the best.  :-)


So, how was your month? What did you read? Tell us what's new!

11 comments:

  1. It seems Fall is the time of year a lot of people get behind on their reading and blogging goals. Me too, but I have a good feeling about November! So jealous of your received pile! I can't wait for Passenger to come out and I may need to sneak A Madness So Discreet into my basket net time I am shopping. :) Six of Crows is a gorgeous book, but I still want to read the Grisha Trilogy first. The Great Gatsby is one of my all-time favorite books.
    Take care,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rachel, I do hope you get into the college that you want :) And isn't there something wistful about senior year? HEHE at least, that was how I felt during my senior year. And don't worry about posting/blogging. School definitely comes first :)

    AAH, Julia, I didn't know that you're a junior! Hope you have a great semester okay? And I definitely need to read Six of Crows soon, it's on my shelves but I keep forgetting about it! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, congrats on getting your college apps in. That is awesome and so very exciting. Good luck! Julia, looks you had a great reading month. I LOVED Made You Up so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with college apps Rachel!! No matter where you go it's going to be amazing. What an awesome time in your life! And Julia, THE BLUEST EYE. Whoa, so awesome, right? I LOVE Toni Morrison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel - Yay for getting your college apps in and having a good senior year! Sorry Juniors was disappointing for you. I really enjoyed it. Looks like you got a lot of great books this month!! Julia - Sometimes same old same old is ok right?? I really want to read Made You Up . Hope you both have fabulous Novembers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to be young and in school. I honestly wish I could go back, if not for anything, but for the breaks. I need about 2 months of vacation, but that's not how having a job works. :(
    Anyways, good luck to both of you for school and college and everything!

    My October wrap-up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Rach!! So glad to hear you're enjoying senior year :) Good luck with all the college apps! And also awesome haul!! I really want to read a lot of those books (especially Passenger -- I've read the sampler and it is amazing) Enjoy the books! :)

    Julia -- I'm glad you loved Six of Crows! I'm hoping to read it soon :) AND OOOH MADE YOU UP! I need to add that one to my TBR ASAP. I'm also glad you're loving junior year! Having good teachers definitely helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with your college applications Rachel, this is super exciting news! You got some fantastic books this month, I've wanted to read The Madness So Discreet for a while. Congrats Julia for your junior year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of you ladies had a great reading month compared to me at least. OMGGGGG U got Wandering Star, Rachel!! JEALOUUUSSS. Congrats with college apps <3

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oohh good luck with those applications, Rachel!! *crosses fingers for you* And I sooo hope you like the Accident Season because AFJDAFD THAT BOOK IS MY FAVOURITE. There's a super creepy/awesome Halloween party in there too. ;)
    And I'm SO GLAD you liked Made You Up, Julia!! :D That's one of my favourites for this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you're applying to Johns Hopkins, right? ;)

    I loved six of Crows, First & Then, The Accident Season! I thought A Madness So Discreet was okay. Did you see my review of Wandering Star?

    Hope November is great for you!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)