2015 End of the Year Survey

It's that time of year of again, the 2015 End of the Year Book Survey hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner.

Number Of Books You Read: 86
Number of Re-Reads: Too many to count!
Genre You Read The Most From: Surprisingly Contemporary

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

Mystery: A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Fantasy: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Contemporary: I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
Sci-Fi: Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Historical Fiction: Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? 

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? 

The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

Starter: The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (TWATD #1)
Sequel: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (Remnants Chronicles #2)
Ender: Jubilee Manor by Bethany Hagen (Landry Park #2)

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

Four-way tie between Josephine Angelini, Bethany Hagen, (strictly for their writing), Heidi Heilig, and Kathryn Purdie (for their writing AND their friendship <3)

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

The Dead House by Dawn Kurtigach

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne


11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Freddie from The Royal We. SO MUCH SWOONAGE. And he's hilarious and thoughtful and wonderful <3

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

Under A Painted Sky by Stacey Lee

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? PICTURE

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

"Life is a gift. Don't forget to live it." -Nicola Yoon, Everything, Everything
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Short: The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald -192
Long: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas - 643

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) 

CHAOLAENA ALWAYS. (Throne of Glass)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Lucien & Tamlin from ACOTAR

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Wandering Star by Romina Russell

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure? 

Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Rowan from Trial by Fire <3

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

City of Savages by Lee Kelly

24. Best World building/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Landry Park by Bethany Hagen

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? 

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Cage of Deceit by Jennifer Anne Davis

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Pretending to be Erica by Michelle Painchaud

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

99 Days by Katie Cotugno

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

Definitely Julia @ Peach Print <3 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

Six of Crows | A Court of Thorns and Roses | The Royal We | Under A Painted Sky

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Opinions & Freedom of Speech

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Bookitcon was fun! Also Sarah J Maas's ACOTAR and QoS book events.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

Organizing #FAC16 Twitter Chat for debut authors with Kris & Nic. Also finding my name in book acknowledgements! :0

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Being plagiarized THREE times in one year.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

My First Blogoversary with 4,091 views and 115 comments

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

The Wrath and The Dawn | Queen of Shadows

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Happy Hello (Etsy Store)

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Sadly the only one I completed was the GR challenge. I've sworn off challenges for the new year!!

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016? PICTURE

These Vicious Masks by Taren Shanker & Kelly Zekas and Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

The Love That Split The World, Into the Dim, Blackhearts, Ever the Hunted, How To Hang A Witch, Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here, The Star-Touched Queen, The Reader, A Shadow Bright and Burning, The Crown's Game, Flashfall, Suffer Love

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

A Court of Mist and Fury, and Throne of Glass #5, The Rose and The Dagger

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

Write more discussion posts! Do more commenting back again...

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro, The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig, Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie

I know this post is SUPER long... but if you'd like to, answer a few of the questions yourself in the comments! :)
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

23 comments:

  1. Omg you're at 86 books? I'm so close to my Goodreads challenge, it's so insane! My challenge is to read 90 books and I'm at 84. I just have to read six more books by the end of December. No pressure at all!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I haven't ever heard of this survey but I think I'll give it a shot! It looks like such a cool way to keep track and reflect on everything you read in the year.

    I cannot WAIT for A Court of Mist and Fury either! I received a hardcover copy of ACOTAR for Christmas so I'll be rereading that over and over again until I can read ACOMAF! Lovely post!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am filling out this survey soon on my blog. I love to read everyone's answers. I found out hardest to pick one best book and I cheated and did a collage of covers :) I will have to Zurich out the Royal We now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so stoked for These Vicious Masks! And I'm sorry you were plagiarized MULTIPLE times this year Rachel! :/ I hope it's been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for contemporary! :) The Royal Me sounds so amazing and I got it for my birthday, so I'm definitely planning to read that sooner rather than later. I love anything royal, so I'm excited!

    I've heard so many things about Queen of Shadows regarding the love interest (s) and having only read Throne of Glass, I'm a Chaolaena fan. I'm wondering if that'll change, as much as I love Chaol, with everything I've heard regarding Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows. I'm so excited for A Court of Mist and Fury, too. I definitely want to get to this survey before the end of the year. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO impressive. I am NOT organized enough to put something like this together.

    I'm so sorry that you were plagiarized three times this year, that is awful! I Loved Queen of Shadows, so I am heading to that post now to check it out.

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Six of Crows and I'll Meet You There are definitely some of my favorite reads of the year as well! And I adored Lucien and Tamlin from ACOTAR! I love them together and as individuals. :) And YAS to Made You Up! It was definitely unique and incredibly entertaining. A beautiful read, that one.

    And gah, yes to commenting back. I've been so inactive around the blogosphere since the last week of school before the holidays, and I really want to get back into the swing of things!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bookish survey is always fun to read! I shipped Chaolena too but I dunno, QoS made me think differently. Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about the plagiarism! I don't even know how I would tell tbh :S Happy holidays Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. QoS has gotten so many mixed reviews, I fear I will come in with a negative mind;P Still really excited for it though:) Great post! Have an amazing new year;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omygosh so many books in this post I don't know where to start :D I reread so many books this year, too! The Deal by Elle Kennedy especially. I read it like a hundred times. LOL It's so good! I just finished Trial by Fire a while ago and enjoyed it a lot. Can't wait to read the sequel.

    I read Landry Park a really long time ago and liked it but I can't remember much about it now :( I still want to read the sequel though so I just might reread it. I've wanted to read The Royal We for a long time but I haven't gotten to it yet. Definitely this 2016.

    Haraiah @ Random Things In Action

    ReplyDelete
  11. Six of Crows <3 I really, really love that book! It surprises me, because while I loved the Grisha trilogy, I didn't love it as much as I loved this book :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thanks for mentioning me, Rach! :'-) 2015 has been a great year, and I'm glad to have met you along the way! Here's to the new year (hopefully) filled with lots and lots of good books, hehe.

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I DO so like the cover colours in The Wrong Side of Right. BEAUTIFULNESS. And good on you for doing so many rereads! I have a stack of books I want to reread next year, but we'll see. xD I'm mostly addicted to new books. (But I gotta brush up on ma Raven boys before the finale!)
    I've given up on Chaolena *cries*
    OMG YOU WERE PLAGIARISED 3 TIMES?!?!? I had photos stolen. *sigh* And that was bad enough...but like, your writing and work? That is just the lowest of lows. GAh.
    And I'm massively looking forward to Lady Midnight too! *hi fives*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw man, sorry you didn't like Queen of Shadows! But hey, Six of Crows!! That was one of my top reads for 2015 as well-so good. I also want to aim for more discussion posts (and have sworn off all challenges but the Goodreads one) for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've done many great bookish things this year, Rachel! I'm so happy for you. I'e done the opposite. Haha.

    Yani at Paper Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just done this as well. And I was pretty surprised that contemporary was my most read genre as well. Seems like surveys like this reveal surprising things ;) Peach Print is a lovely blog and I am glad I discovered it this year as well. Hope you can achieve all you want to in the coming year and read some epic books like you have this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love posts like these :) It is so much fun to read!
    What did you think of Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins? It looks pretty interesting to me ^^

    Cucie @ Cucie Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Six of Crows SO much. Omg I need Crooked Kingdom yesterday!
    Love that quote from Everything, Everything. That book was amazing.
    Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So interesting to read your survey! Definitely puts things in perspective! Having your blog plagiarized 3 times in one year is crazy! So sorry you had to go through that three times.

    Hoping you have a Happy 2016!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. great survey! happy new year!
    I really love reviews!

    would you like to follow each other on GFC & G+? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your answers. I agree with with you on so many of these books. I do still need to read The Wrath and the Dawn (soon, I promise!!). I absolutely loved A Court of Thorn and Roses, so I am REALLY looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 99 Days was the book that made me the most mad too - that girl made me more than a little crazy! Sounds like, overall, 2015 was a fantastic year for you. Can't wait to see what's in store in 2016!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved A Study in Charlotte- I completely understand why you're so obsessed with it. I still need to read Wrath & The Royal We & Trial By Fire...Oops? EMBERRRRRR ALSO WHOA BOOKITCON = THE BEST EVENT?!?! Okay you're getting hugged on Friday...I hope you're ready!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)