Blog Tour: Frozen Tides


Today I'm pleased to join the Frozen Tides Blog Tour hosted by Penguin Teen!
I binged the Fallen Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes a while back, and I was so excited to be part of the tour. Warning** This series is epic, proceed with caution.


Review:

I promise to keep this review non-spoilery!

Just to set the story for you, book 1, Fallen Kingdoms takes place in a high fantasy world where magic is lost. There is an unsteady peace between the kingdoms, yet tension and unrest is brimming. I know, I know, this sounds epic right? Just wait, as the series goes on, the plot thickens, the characters grow, and action and romance ensue.

This series gets more and more intense as the books progress. There are multiple points of view in each book, and I love how the characters are all intertwined in some way. They grow so much in this series, and it's fascinating to see them make the tough choices and fall in love and deal with court politics and the likes. Although all of the character arcs are phenomenal, Magnus's shines about the rest. Morgan's writing is addictive and flows well. She never ceases to challenge her characters and push them to make decisions. She weaves in plot twists we never see coming and manages to draw out all of our emotions over every heartbreaking scene she crafts.

In regards to this book particularly, I'd have to say this is my favorite! The plot of this book was by far the best. I appreciate how it tied up the loose ends from book 3 too! A swoony ship that I ship so hard, lots of plot twisty-goodness, and a crazy ending has me yearning for book 5. 

This is a series that gets better and better, and I'd highly recommend it for high fantasy readers who aren't fazed by blood splattering the pages and crushing deaths ripping your heart out.


About the Book:

CLEO: Reeling after a bloody showdown in Limeros ending with Amara’s abduction of the water crystal, and a vacancy in the Mytican throne, Princess Cleo must cast aside her feelings and look toward her kingdom with the eyes of a Queen.

MAGNUS: With the kingdom in chaos, Princess Lucia still missing and quite possibly in danger, and a shocking realization about Cleo, the steely prince is once again torn between love and duty, leaving him wondering whether he’s strong enough to rule his people.

LUCIA: The young sorcercess has had her vengeance after the cruel death of her first and only love. Heartbroken and unable to trust anyone, she allies with the awoken Fire god, who also seeks revenge.

JONAS: After escaping death by the skin of his teeth, the defeated rebel—along with a mysterious stranger–leader reunites with Princess Cleo, only to find himself a mere pawn in a dangerous hunt for the elusive Kindred.

KING GAIUS: Abandoned by Melenia and betrayed by his own children, Gaius flees Mytica and sails to Kraeshia, where he attempts to ally with the famously brutal emperor across the Silver Sea.

Buy Links:

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Audible | iBooks

About the Author:

Morgan Rhodes lives in Ontario, Canada. As a child, she always wanted to be a princess -- the kind that knows how to wield a sharp sword to help save both kingdoms and princes from fire-breathing dragons and dark wizards. Instead, she became a writer, which is just as good and much less dangerous. Along with writing, Morgan enjoys photography, travel, reality TV, and is an extremely picky, yet voracious reader of all kinds of books. Under another pen name, she’s a national bestselling author of many paranormal novels. Falling Kingdoms is her first high fantasy.

Author Links:

The Irish Banana Review
12/7 - interview
Addicted Readers
12/7 - review
A Perfection Called Books
12/8 - review
Bookiemoji
12/8 - Would You Rather?
WinterHaven Books
12/9 - guest post
Once Upon a Twilight
12/10 - Review & giveaway
Two Chicks on Books
12/11 - guest post
Jessabella Reads
12/11 - review
My Friends Are Fiction
12/14 - guest post
A Midsummer Night's Read
12/15 - Book Playlist
Dark Faerie Tales
12/15 - review
IceyBooks
12/16 - Top 10 list
The Daily Quirk
12/17 - review & giveaway
Mundie Moms
12/18 - interview
Hollywood News Source
12/18 - review

Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

5 comments:

  1. Just looking at the cover makes me want to have Frozen Tides in my shelves already, because the Falling Kingdoms books will look so pretty together! A lot of people who already read Frozen Tides said it was their favorite of the series - just like you - so I definitely can't wait to get to this! It's out in a week so it'll be here soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gooooddd! I absolutely KNKW what I want Santa to bring me this year!! I just adore this series so I cannot wait to get my bookworm hooks into this. Plus Magnus for life! Perfect non spoilers yet accurate review!
    ❤️Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like such a fool! I JUST read Falling Kingdoms and I am enamored with it! I want to finish the series before Frozen Tides comes out but that's physically impossible! I need to buy this series, eep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need to confess I still haven't read GATHERING DARKNESS. I know, I know. But being squashed under a ginormous TBR pile doesn't help. >.> I love the multiple PoVs in these books, though, and gah, aren't the covers just STUNNING!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little ashamed to say that I have yet to start this series *hides* Eep, I've been meaning to seriously, but I never really see these books in Aussie bookstores. :( Must purchase a copy asap though, I can't wait to dive in after your review :D

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)