Looking Back on 2015

2015 marks my first full year of blogging! 

So many things happened this year, and wow it's been awesome.

Stats Achievements:

-APCB surpassing 200,000 blog views!
-Compiling over 1,000 Blog followers
-Completing my GR challenge of 80 books with 88! :)

APCB Highlights:

-APCB celebrated its one year blogoversary on March 1st, 2015
-Beginning #bloggerlove & #authorlove tweetfests with Amber & Jess from The Book Bratz
-Starting #FantasyFebruary with Dana @ Dana Square
-Launching Meet the Newbies debut event with Dana @ Dana Square
-APCB getting co-bloggers, and I'm so so thankful for Julia Anne & Mishma <3
-A new blog design
-Creating APCB Adds feature to squeal about the latest book deals

Highlights in Rachel's bookish/blogging experience:

-Meeting Sarah J Maas (3x), Leigh Bardugo, Mary Pearson, Marie Rutkoski, Susan Dennard, Jennifer L Armentrout, Alexandra Bracken
-I attended Bookitcon & Apollycon and had SO MUCH fun (I also met Nori @ReadWriteLove28 and Alex @ The Book's Buzz)
-Ooh I also finally met Nicole @ The Quiet Concert, Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles, and Julie Eshbaugh forthcoming author of Ivory and Bone
-I met up with Laura Tims forthcoming author of Please Don't Tell while vacationing in San Diego!
-Organizing #FAC16 twitter chat for 2016 debut authors with Nicola and Kris and gaining so many new friends through it!
-Joining Rockstar Book Tours, love you Jaime <3
-Every time someone leaves a comment on my blog!
-Finding my name in Nikki Kelly's acknowledgements for Gabriel
-Making new blogging friends & keeping old ones

2015 Blogging Goals

- Schedule posts ahead of time <-- I've gotten much better at this! 18 at the moment
- Keep up with comments <-- I'm still woefully behind as in THREE months behind. I'm catching up, I promise!
- Comment on more blogs <-- This goes hand-in-hand with the other one. I've gotten a bit better, but still much improve
- Request less arcs <-- I stopped requesting as much, yet I still manage to get so many ARCs... 
- Write more discussion posts <-- I was on a roll, but I kind of dropped the ball a bit. I need to pick this back up! 
- Socialize on Twitter more <-- DONE :) Maybe a bit too much xD
- Read books faster ~ DONE <-- I can binge a book in a day now. 
- Limit the number of promos and blog tours <-- 1/2 DONE still working on limiting blog tours...
- Write my reviews in a timely manner <-- DONE - I review before I pick up another book! 

Life Goals

- Exercise ~ Ehh ~ I went to the gym 3x a week this summer, but I stopped when school started because of all the work. I MUST pick it back up again :0
- Know when to focus on school ~ DONE ~ I've gotten much better at this!
- College ~ Almost done my apps...
- Limit Procrastination ~ Much better than before!

That's a wrap on 2015! How was your year? Did you reach your goals?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats so much on all the AMAZING achievements! And woooow, you met so many amazing authors this year, and yep, I'm totally jealous. ;) Blogging-wise, I do feel like I've failed a bit this year (or last year where I live now O.o) but that's definitely going to be one of my focuses this time around. I still need to comment on more blogs, too; there are so many fantastic blogs out there. <3 Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great year! I'm super jelly about Sarah J. Maas hahaha! I hope your 2016 is just as good. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YOUR STATS ARE GOALS. Rachel you're a fairy, I swear. How do you do it?

    I'm so happy you got to meet SJM. We all know how much you love her books (:]

    I'm one of those people who can binge a book in like three hours. JOIN ME IN THE FAST READER CLUB!

    – Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did awesome this year:) I hope 2016 is an awesome year for you! Wow! You can read a book in 1 day! That's impressive. I can probably finish a 400 page book in about 3 days, maybe 2 if I don't do anything else:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all your achievements! It looks like you had a great year. Good luck with all your goals in 2016 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Rach :D I have always loved your blog since the day I first started blogging myself, and I really admire you for being such a great blogger! You must have had a really great 2015. Here's to a new year! Good luck with 2016 <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't believe you've ONLY been blogging for a year! You've accomplished so much and should be so, so proud. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. RACHEL YOU ARE A SUPER STAR! You are so amazing- over 200,000 blog views?!?!?!?! CAN I PLEASE BE YOU?!?!? Also *squeeeeeeeeeeeee x a million* for you mentioning Bookitcon and meeting me! Love you <3 You have accomplished so much this year and I'm so proud! Can't wait to see you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and happy new year! :)
    I look forward to what you have in store for us in 2016 =D
    - Krys

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! Congrats Rachel♥ I love love your accomplishments and i pretty much have the same goals. You have come so far, SO proud!
    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)