Life Lessons From Gayle Forman


Gayle Forman's books are packed full with beautiful, inspiring, and quotable writing. I selected some of my favorite quotes of hers and how they apply to me and blogging!

“Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.”

Blogging is definitely a choice that has "made" me. I honestly don't think I'd be half the person I am today without blogging. Blogging has changed me. I've learned so much, and the experiences I've had through blogging have significantly impacted my views on so many things beyond books. Every day I am thankful for this impulsive choice to start blogging!

“People believe what they want to believe.”

There will always be rumors. People will believe whatever they want to believe, but no matter what you can't let others' opinions of you change your opinion of yourself.

“Or maybe it's not a miracle. Maybe this is just life. When you open yourself up to it. When you put yourself in the path of it. When you say yes.”

When I first started blogging I was  isolated for the first month or two. Once I started branching out by commenting and talking to other bloggers, the experience became a lot better!! Also Twitter has helped me open myself up more and present my true self, the flawed not-so-perfect Rachel. I eventually felt comfortable enough to share personal posts and the overwhelming support and relief I felt afterwards were amazing. I've made countless friends through blogging, and I'm so glad I opened myself up to this experience.

Penguin is sponsoring a giveaway for a prize pack of Gayle Forman's books, so you too can read her amazing works! Be sure to enter below.
  a Rafflecopter giveaway

Do any of these quotes call to you? How has blogging affected you?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

5 comments:

  1. I love it when books, as well as being entertaining, teach real life lessons, or contain a quote that you think long and hard about before realising that this book relates on some level. My English teacher described her job as teaching life lessons, and I guess that's what books are for.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle's books are some of my favourites ever, and I think I can empathise to all of these lessons! I could go on and on about how much I love them and their messages. Ahhhh, loved this post. I really makes me feel like re-reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Gayle Forman writes beautiful books (though I still need to read Just One Day/Year) and I love that you tied in her quotes with your blogging life. There have been ups and downs, but I am so so thankful for this community and that I've made the friends I have. And of course all the new books I've discovered along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gayle Forman's books and I love this post so much. All of these quotes are in my favourites of all time. I love it when a quote in a book relates to your life in the real world. Makes me love it even more.
    I totally agree with you about blogging. It just sort of happened for me, and even though there are times when I am totally stressed out with a busy life AND I've got blogging I've got to do too and I think WHY AM I DOING THIS?! But I could never stop, because I love being a blogger. Thanks for the giveaway! Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read I Was Here! I absolutely loved If I Stay (the movie was a little boring-ish imo, but Movie Adam was super cute) and Where She Went was unnecessarily intense. But seeing all the love for I Was Here makes me excited! Lovely post, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)