Book Lover's Wish With Jessica Khoury


Aladdin was always my favorite Disney movie and fairytale, so when I heard about this book of course I was super excited for it. I was luck enough to read this book prior to release, and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite books ever!! Out of the nearly 400 books I've read, only 20 are on my favorites list. So that's .05% YES That is how much I love this book. You can check out my review here. Seriously, go read this book!

Today Jessica Khoury shares her three wishes (you can read mine here)!

About the Book:

Author: Jessica Khoury
Genre: YA Fantasy
Page Length: 352 Pages
Publication Date: February 23rd, 2016
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: ARC via publisher
Goodreads | Amazon
She is the most powerful Jinni of all. He is a boy from the streets. Their love will shake the world...

When Aladdin discovers Zahra’s jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn’t seen in hundreds of years—a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra’s very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes.

But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart?

As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of the Aladdin story from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury.

Guest Post


Macintosh HD:Users:jessicabeeman:Dropbox:NOVELS:Marketing/Publicity:Posts:bww:bww1.jpgEnough of winter! My bookish wish will definitely transport us to a warm (but not too warm) day in June. We’re in the South, of course, snuggled up on a porch swing or comfy wicker sofa, overlooking a quiet pond or maybe a horse pasture. Or both. Both is good. We’ve got Mason jars full of delicious sweet tea, and a stack of my mom’s homemade funnel cakes, still hot from the pan. And don’t forget the fluffy kitten! She’s sleeping in my lap while I read about one of my favorite Southern heroines in Rachel Hawkins’s Rebel Belle.




About the Author:

Jessica Khoury wrote her first book at age 4, a fan fic sequel to Syd Hoff's Danny and the Dinosaur, which she scribbled on notebook paper, stapled together, and placed on the bookshelf of her preschool classroom. Since that day, she's dreamed of being an author.

When not writing, Jess enjoys spending time with family, playing video games, and traveling the world in search of stories and inspiration.

Jess currently lives in Greenville, South Carolina. She is the author of Origin, Vitro, Kalahari, and The Forbidden Wish.
Website | Goodreads | Twitter | TumblrFacebook | Blog | Pinterest

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

7 comments:

  1. Omg I love summer. XD But don't wish for it, because that means I get Winter, hahah. ;D I'm loving the sound of the sweet tea/cake though...
    I'm so glad you liked this book, Rachel! I REALLY CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT. EEEEP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the Forbidden Wish, even more knowing that you added it to your favourites! I'm excited to read books with jinnis, because it's such an interesting folklore, I wanna know more about it. Also, the cover is gorgeous, which helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I'm so excited for this one!!! :O You have got me jumping up and down for it. Darn the UK release date for being later than US! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of those rare people who hates hot weather. It's so hot! And living in Italy is great UNTIL Summer. At that point, the crowds just make it unbearable. I don't do any sightseeing during the Summer months if I can help it. :) I am so excited for this book though. I have heard such great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh this sounds amazing! Off to read your review now. I watched Aladdin a couple of months ago after not seeing it for years and I really enjoyed it so I think I'll really enjoy Forbidden Wish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this book looks so good! I'm glad you found a new favorite. I loved Aladdin as a kid as well so I definitely can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo this is what I need. It's currently snowing so yes, bring on the sand! Aladdin was my favorite Disney movie growing up so I'm sooo ecstatic that it's been done, and well according to you Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)