January Wrap-Up



January Reads:


January was a month full of great reads, mostly debut reads at that! I had the immense pleasure of reading Ivory and Bone early, and it is phenomenal. Julie's storytelling is unique and engaging, and I can't wait for others to read it. I also really want a wolly mammoth now... Front Lines enraptured me from the start, and Grant tackles so many important social issues (racism, sexism, anti-semitism) while also giving an entertaining and nerve-wracking story. Friday Night Lights was a school read and not half as bad as I'd thought it would be. Arrows was so fluffy and cute while These Vicious Masks was good yet not swoony enough. I found new favorite books in the retellings The Star-Touched Queen through Roshani's elegant prose and plotting and The Forbidden Wish through the great storytelling elements and wonderful characters. Blackhearts lives up to the hype!

In My Life:

I finished all my college applications in the beginning of January, so yay!! I'm officially halfway through the school year, and oh gosh I graduate in just a few short months. I can't wait to see where I end up for college next year. This is equal parts stressful and exciting.

I also went to ALA Mid-Winter, and it is definitely one of the highlights of my blogging experience. I got to meet so many awesome bloggers and authors in person. Best moments were probably meeting Roshani Chokshi, Heidi Heilig and seeing Brittany (The Book Rambles) and Nori (ReadWriteLove28) again.

I am newly obsessed with One Direction's new single "History," and I urge you all to listen to it. Oh hey, it's right down there. ;)

On A Perfection Called Books:

Top Reviews - Front Lines | Hopeless | Assassin's Heart | Passenger |
Miscellaneous - Blogging Your Own Way - My Identity Crisis |  Three Bookish Things That Annoy Me | The Unpopular Opinions Tag | Saving Book Stores | ALAMW Recap
Interviews - Laurie E. Flynn (Firsts) | Emily Henry (The Love That Split The World) | Kali Wallace (Shallow Graves)

How was your month? What did you read? Anything awesome/special happen? 

12 comments:

  1. You read some really amazing books this month! I also read Front Lines and Arrows! Front Lines was SO fantastic! I absolutely loved it! I also reviewed Blackhearts which was also awesome! Congrats on finishing college applications! I hope you get into your #1!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing good things about Michael Grant's frontlines, so I'm interested in reading that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had such a wonderful book month! I actually hope to get to read most of these books this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great reading month!! Arrows is one I want to get to. Yay for getting the applications done! ALA sounds like such an awesome experience. Hope you have a great February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You read so many good books! I'm about to start Blackhearts, I hope to enjoy it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job finishing your college apps! I vaguely remember what that was like. Then again I only applied to one college...I don't know what I was thinking. Haha.

    So many great books! I'm so excited to read Star Touched, it looks like it's right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many amazing books O.O Blackhearts and The Forbidden Wish are my most anticipated to get to myself! Hopefully I'll enjoy them as much as you have. Happy reading <3
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hasn't January just gone by so fast??!! Like I swear it was only a couple of days ago I was celebrating New Years Eve! Haha. You have read some books that I am DYING to read this month: These Vicious Masks, The Star-Touched Queen, The Forbidden Wish, Ivory and Bone, and Blackhearts! So like basically all you've listed, haha xDD *dies of jealousy* *but is also very happy for you* I can't wait to read your reviews of these books!! :D

    Congratulations on sending in all your college applications, I've recently submitted my masters degree applications, fingers crossed we both get our choices!! :D

    To a happy February! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy February Rachel! Yay for graduation being just around the corner! How exciting! I definitely want to read Arrows after your review and I am so freaking excited for The Star Touched Queen and The Forbidden Wish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats on a good start to the year! I'm really looking forward to Ivory and Bone. Congrats on finishing college apps by the way :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAYYY FOR COLLEGE APPLICATIONS! I'm so happy for you girl! That's a new step in your life and it's an exciting one as well! What are you thinking about studying? Oh! And I want to read all of the books on your list! They all look fab! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great reading month :) Also, congrats on the applications. I know that was hectic when I was graduating, but it was such a relief to know that you were almost done with HS!

    And oh my goodness, that video just broke my heart. I have been obsessed with the song, but adding the video to it just made me so sad. No more Zayn...and from what it seems no more One Direction.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)